4TH Annual Afghans for NICU babies for Christmas - THANK YOU LETTER POST 319

badrhinogillett

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so glad that I found this thread. I make a lot of full size baby blankets for the local pregnancy resource center, and I am left with lots of yarn, not usually enough to make another full size baby blanket, but certainly enough to make premie blankets. I was starting to feel guilty about all those balls of yarn, but now I know what to do with them. I will PM you for your address when I have some finished.

Also want to say, that you have received some really lovely blankets already.

Jimbo - You DO help! Your wonderful Jimbo Claus J made all the afghans that I've made this year!

Jimbo - I don't see a wooden thing necessarily working for the NICU - but I bet there's something you could make for one of the older kids! What about a "treasure box" for them to hold their cards they recieve in? Or, what about a pocket sized "lucky heart" or something that they can hold and rub? Or, what about... I'm not sure... what else can other people think of?

I'd like to take part this year.

I don't have much for skill in crocheting yet, though. The star afghans are beautiful. Hope to try those before the end of the year!

Thank you so much! Welcome! As far as skill, I bet you do just fine.. besides, the families of the babies who receive something you make will certainly see the love you put in - and that's the most important thing. That's the thing that keeps these families going!

I got two done. Got one more on my mind before I sent them. Ill post some pictures for you when my last one is done.

Looks like your going to get a few this year. Hope to have time for a few more later but mostly been taking a break. Nothing big planned for this year so I can take it easy. lol

I got two done. Got one more on my mind before I sent them. Ill post some pictures for you when my last one is done.

Looks like your going to get a few this year. Hope to have time for a few more later but mostly been taking a break. Nothing big planned for this year so I can take it easy. lol

Thank you Angie!

That's great Jennifer! I'm currently working on my 8th RR of the year and I've done 2 crocheted fleece. I wanted to have a few more done by now - but the last week or so has been a bit crazy here. Hoping it calms down a bit - I didn't even get in much crochet on the 3 day weekend. I ended up reading a book about Mr. Rogers one night during what would have been crochet time! However, Mr. Rogers deserves a little attention!

These 15 beauties are from a new villager - Sandy (Smagola). They come in all sizes, colors and textures -and all are lovely! Each one that came out of the box was different from the others.. and there were several that are six sided ghans. You can see the love that went into them and know that a baby and their family will feel so cared for when they receive one.

post-2886-13589750715_thumb.jpg

post-2886-135897507154_thumb.jpg

These 15 beauties are from a new villager - Sandy (Smagola). They come in all sizes, colors and textures -and all are lovely! Each one that came out of the box was different from the others.. and there were several that are six sided ghans. You can see the love that went into them and know that a baby and their family will feel so cared for when they receive one.

Oh wow! That must have seemed like Christmas opening that box. They are all wonderful and there are so many! How sweet and generous of you Sandy. :cheer

We have an anonymous benefactor. I received a lovely preemie ghan. Our anonymous benefactor (we'll just call them AB) wishes to remain as anonymous as possible and has requested that I not reveal who they are or show what they sent. So, let me just say Thank You to AB and tell you all that there will be a very loved preemie!

PJ sent these three soft beauties. I received them a few days ago, but due to being run over by a sledder last weekend while playing in the snow, this week has been covered by a vicodin haze for me. I appreciate PJ's patience with me getting a picture up.

I love large granny squares. They're classic and pretty. These are soft - so soft! Look how lovely!

post-2886-135897508414_thumb.jpg

glad you like them. It's so hard to actually find groups or people that will take granny squares. Most of my craft groups want "solid" squares because they are supposedly warmer and babies can't get caught in the holes.

I have a granny square afghan my mom made me many many years ago and it's the warmest thing ever and my son has a granny afghan that he has had since he was born and he never once got his fingers tangled in it. guess it all depends on the person's ideas.

Glad there are still some people and places out there that understand the beauty of a simple granny square. :)

Archived