4TH Annual Afghans for NICU babies for Christmas - THANK YOU LETTER POST 319

badrhinogillett

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PJ's granny squares are great. :cheer I may have to try to throw one into the rotation.

I wish your AB would reconsider at least showing the blanket. It's always so much fun to see all of the beautiful work. :manyheart

And of course your RR's are always perfect Kathryn. TFS- :hook

Ten more ghans were mailed to you Monday, March 8. Please let me know when they arrive.

Sandy G.

:clap I"ll let you know as soon as they arrive! Thank you!

Kathryn,

I have a favorite pattern to make thumbless baby mitts with. Can the NICU use those?

Thanks,

Absolutely!!! That would be fabulous! Thank you:hug

I haven;t forgotten this charity, just waiting until I have several to send.

I dont' feel forgotten! Everyone has been wonderful and so generous already! We still have plenty of time for you to send something. Thank you Cindy!:hug

I took my kids into San Francisco today to go to the St. Patrick's parade. We took BART (the rail/subway system in the Bay Area) and the tracks pass by Oakland Children's Hospital. Whenever we go past it, I point it out to the kids.

Today, as we went past, my DD was telling her friend who was with us "Mama makes blankets for the sick babies." - and I thought of all of you who take your time and help the babies and their families in the hospital.

I even imagined that there were babies in the hospital today, who are covered in one of our afghans. We delivered 202 last year... it's only March, so I would guess they would still have them and that there is a baby there right now (probably several) who are wrapped in our love. It made me feel good.

Thank you again to all of you!

CrochettingMama (Pam) sent these FIFTEEN preemie ghans! Most are made with Homespun - but look carefully.. you see those three on the left side? Yup... Pam made it through THREE entire preemie ghans using Joann's Sensations! I used that yarn for about a CH10 - when I put it away and vowed that I'd stick the hook in my eye before I used it again. It's a frustrating yarn - but shd did wonders with it!

post-2886-135897512475_thumb.jpg

Yes - you read that right... it's only March 13, and thanks to Sandy (Smagola) our number is now 79!!

Sandy's ghans are all so soft. These are perfect for the full term babies. I love the variations on the RR that we have here. The trim on all of these is so pretty too!

post-2886-13589751248_thumb.jpg

post-2886-135897512485_thumb.jpg

So, I just put the afghans that I just received away. I keep a tally sheet with the ghans to mark off each one I put in the storage box. It said 83... but I knew our count was less than that.

I just went back through and looked and somehow I gave us a number 52 - 54 twice!

We're at 83!!!

Wow. I am so pleasantly surprised that we have made it to 83 already. I hope you are ready for a few more. I just packed up a box containing 12 preemie sized ghans. DH is going to put them in the mail tomorrow. I have your address but wanted to make sure you haven't moved recently. Let me know and I'll have them ready to ship tomorrow.

Kathryn,

I've got two done for you also. The blue and white one is my first reclaimed yarn from a thrift store sweater that I unraveled. The second one is my starghan I made using Sammi's pattern. I did a little blog post here about your blanket drive. I will get them both in the mail to you by Monday. :hook

post-10977-135897513774_thumb.jpg

post-10977-135897513789_thumb.jpg

Archived