4TH Annual Afghans for NICU babies for Christmas - THANK YOU LETTER POST 319

badrhinogillett

Still acceptin?? Please pm me an address, and the deadline I know I read, but can't find it again now, is what? Thank you. I do something similar, as both myself years ago, and my daughter were born in the same hospital, and on both or either dates, spaced about 6 mos apart, I make a donation of afghans, hats, booties, whatever I have done over the months, for that particular hospital. Just to thank them, as we both arrived safely, and in good health unlike some babies they care for.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Truckin Patty sent these two beauties! The 6 sided ghan will be large enough for a full term baby or to swaddle a preemie - and the preemie ghan will be lovely for one of the tiny ones.

Thank you Patty for your help- the babies thank you too!

post-2886-135897590459_thumb.jpg

We are over the 250 mark thanks to Tristi!!! :cheer

These 5 preemie ghans are so pretty and soft. My husband wants me to find out what the yarn is in the ghan on the right... he wants an afghan in that colorway. It's stunning.

These 6 hats are so precious too. Plus, 3 of them have booties that match tucked inside!

post-2886-135897596636_thumb.jpg

My husband wants me to find out what the yarn is in the ghan on the right... he wants an afghan in that colorway. It's stunning.

Its Red Heart, I found it at my local Walmart and I think its awesome too.. I wanna say its Primary, I checked online and I think its right but I will be at walmart later today so I will double check.

Over 250! :cheer And there is still time.

I will get mine laundered and out to you next week. If you PM your address I will PM when I ship.

Enjoy the holidays everyone! :ttalk:wreath

I got another box this weekend! This one had 8 wonderful afghans from Shelly! The RR's are nice and large and will be wonderful for even the largest of babies in the NICU.

I love all the different color combinations and patterns - these are going to be a joy to families of sick babies!

post-2886-135897599833_thumb.jpg

My SIL isn't here on the Ville - even though I tell her she needs to be! - and these two ghans are from her. She did a diagonal stitch, single crochet - and added bobbles as she went along. The patterns are her own. I love how the colors turned out on these.

post-2886-135897599837_thumb.jpg

Here are 5 more from JenniferElyse74! These are preemie sized. I particularly like the rainbow one - it has a lovely lacey center. All of them are wonderful!

I taught a good friend of mine to crochet and she did the two straight ghans. The three round ones I can claim. The rainbow was one I made up as I went along. I had to start a second one before I could ship them so I would remember how I did it. I'm hoping to write up the pattern to share. Maybe after the semester is over...

Archived