4TH Annual Afghans for NICU babies for Christmas - THANK YOU LETTER POST 319

badrhinogillett

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you! I use our very own AggieMay's pattern. If you PM her she will send it to you.

I will have to do that! Thank you!

Hello Everyone, If you are going to send anything in the next few weeks, I'd appreciate it if you could take a picture at your end and post it here. The cable that connects from my camera to my phone broke (or was chewed by the dog) and with DH on a trip this week and me on one next week, I'm not sure how soon we'll get it replaced. Thanks!

Hello everyone-

Figured I hadn't checked in for awhile so wanted to let you know I'm plugging away.

Was excited to start on a different project called "Dainty Baby Blankie". I happen to enjoy crocheting a variety of patterns to keep things moving along. Imagine my surprise, after crocheting a number of rows, to discover how very similar "Dainty Baby Blankie" is to the "Classic Coverlet" I already completed. :lol On the bright side, it should work up quickly.

If we ever have our "virtual get together" I'll bring the fresh fruit platter. :cheer

That's great Shelley! I've been slow going crocheting lately. I've had a nerve issue going on in my neck and shoulder and I tend to just sit when I get home from work. They just had me reduce my hours to take the strain off my neck, so maybe I'll be able to get a bit more done.

That's great Shelley! I've been slow going crocheting lately. I've had a nerve issue going on in my neck and shoulder and I tend to just sit when I get home from work. They just had me reduce my hours to take the strain off my neck, so maybe I'll be able to get a bit more done.

Ugh, a nerve issue does not sound good. Hope you are not in pain and can get rest.

Hubby had a similar issue a few years ago and he was a grump for months. Neck, shoulder, and down one arm. He was sleeping as best he could sitting up in a chair. :(

Take care of yourself- :hugHugging your head and not the shoulder or neck area,,, :lol

I've been away from crochet for a while myself. I'm starting to feel more like myself again and I finished a round ripple that I started a (long) while back. I've started a second blankie and will be sending those off to you when completed.

Darlene (Needle Arts) sent these three beauties a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, my puppy ate the cord that connects my camera to my computer.. I just figured out this evening that I can just put the memory card in the computer and upload the pic that way. :bang I'm a little slow that way.

Anyway - these beauties are actually multi-baby colored within the white.. my camera just washed the colors out. All three are made with the same yarn and are very soft. They are going to be loved so much by the baby and families who receive them!

Thanks Darlene!

post-2886-135897534202_thumb.jpg

Here are 4 ghans that I've recently completed. I've fallen shamefully behind my goal of one a week.. but I've had some nerve issues going on in my neck and shoulder. In addition, I've helped my mom make a few no-sew fleece ghans recently which has cut into crochet time.

The Green RR is done in ILTY, purchased from my first Hobby Lobby trip. :hook The rest are done in Loops & Threads.

post-2886-135897534257_thumb.jpg

Here are 4 ghans that I've recently completed. I've fallen shamefully behind my goal of one a week.. but I've had some nerve issues going on in my neck and shoulder. In addition, I've helped my mom make a few no-sew fleece ghans recently which has cut into crochet time.

The Green RR is done in ILTY, purchased from my first Hobby Lobby trip. :hook The rest are done in Loops & Threads.

Wow already at 132 blankies!! :cheerThat is so fantastic. I love them all but the purple one is my favorite.

These arrived a few days ago, but I"ve had a heck of a time with our camera and have just been able to get pictures transferred this evening.

These 10 from Debbie are so lovely. All different sizes and all so colorful. They are going to wrap 10 little babies up in love!

post-2886-135897537813_thumb.jpg

I've been away from the computer and not really crocheting lately. The nerve issue in my neck has been a problem. I've missed you!

I wanted to let you all know that I will be thinking about you today. I will be going with my kids to the NICU Reunion party that the hospital holds every year for the 'graduates" of the NICU. We've gone every year and it's a wonderful time to celebrate the staff that cared for our son and be greatful for our good fortune.

I have found myself at this party looking at the children who are there, knowing that some of them have been the recipients of the kind and loving hearts of the people here at the Ville. Even though it's almost 90 degrees here, I know I'll catch myself looking in strollers to see if I can find an afghan from one of you (given the heat it's not likely - I'll look anyway).

Thank you again to all of you for all you have done and continue to do for these babies. :hug

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the little I've done in the last 6 weeks or so. I've had nerve problems with my neck and a possible frayed rotator cuff... so, my contributions have cut down a bit. The RR is made with ILTY... and what can I say, but I love this yarn!

post-2886-135897544798_thumb.jpg

Here is another contibution from Darlene... these 3 preemie ghans are just lovely, aren't they? I think of the tiny babies who will be blessed with these and I know that their families will never forget Darlene's kindess

post-2886-135897544802_thumb.jpg

Yes, you read those numbers right. Pam sent TWENTY-NINE afghans! Plus, 4 hats! I truly appreciate each and every one, but am fearful that with that high a number that someone is holding Pam hostage and making her crochet instead of sleep! Kinda like a Rumplestitskin of Crochet :lol!

These come in all sizes - most made with Homespun - and I'm going to guess that a few are in Baby Bee- whatever that one is, it's just heavenly!

post-2886-135897544809_thumb.jpg

Archived