Chanson en crochet

Dextersmom

That's like a hubby telling someone how to cut their hair. Sorry - my head, my hair - you don't have to like it.

Back to the important stuff here. The shawl! It is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!

If you really don't want to keep it - I would donate it to the local nursing home. Whenever I donate I make the stipulation that these items are for the people that do not have family that care. That would make some lonely old ladies month!

I didn't mean to make my husband sound like an oaf! LOL He's actually very supportive and encouraging of my crocheting. I tried the capelet on with two outfits for him to see and he liked the outfits, but not the capelet with them. I really appreciate everyone's kind words as I was feeling just a tiny bit discouraged over my capelet. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with it yet; I think I'm going to hang on to it for little longer and see if I can find the right outfit for it. If not then I liked RoseRed's suggestion and will probably give it to a widow in a nursing home that we know.

Thanks so much for your encouragement!

I've actually made this, twice! It is a beautiful pattern and easily adaptable to the width and length that you want. My niece (she's 8) wears the one I made her all the time -- even over her coat! And I made the other for an "older lady", who loves it. The adaptability of this pattern makes it appropriate for any age and you should enjoy what you have made, even if your DH is misguided!

Archived