wrap snuggie

Salli

Who wants to join me in crocheting a wrap snuggie. I have to have 3 made by Christmas. I got the patter from Wal-mart but there is a simular one on line but I am doing the one from Wal-mart because it looked bigger. So who wants to join me. :cheer:manyheart:hook

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to join. I bought a store bought one for $10 (clearance) and it's not really that thick and I don't like the fabric all that much (it was cheap kind of fleece aparently).

I'll be doing the Red Heart one in red heart yarn (I like that yarn and it's inexpensive). I'll be doing the regular adult size, not the large size.

I need to decide on color and find a time when I can purchase it (busy, busy, busy right now).

Debbi

I have used several different yarns to clean out my stash. I do not use Red Heart super Saver. Because I am making so many of theses I have used multiple colors in each to make them all different. One of my snuggies I'm going to use Homespun.

Good I will not be the only one. I have to do a red one for a boy and two for girls one pink and one purple. Only one will be a surprise. It is hard to do things with kids present. At least we can help each other. I am using the super saver red heart yarn for mine.

Thanks for joining me.

Salli in MI

Who wants to join me in crocheting a wrap snuggie. I have to have 3 made by Christmas. I got the patter from Wal-mart but there is a simular one on line but I am doing the one from Wal-mart because it looked bigger. So who wants to join me. :cheer:manyheart:hook

may I ask where to get the red heart pattern for this I wouldl ove to join in :)

I went to walmart and got it off the free crochet section. They have a bunch of patterns some where in the craft department. Ours moved so I had to ask where they moved it too.

Salli

I just finished one (I did purple and white-will try to post photo later) for a child. Need to finish one more (this one will be black and pink) child sized for Christmas. I'm in. Let me check the pattern I am using, think it's from Bernat

I've just completed #5 and am on row 40 for the 6th one. I got a phone call from an out of state friend that wants 2 for her grand children, one of them is only three. Would you make the child size with baby weight or ww with a smaller hook? Any suggestions?

Marci I haven't made one of these but thought I could help you out with measurements. I have my 3 yr old gd here. Her sleeve length is 11", her length from her shoulders to heel is 30 1/2", her chest is 21".

Redheart.com and Bernat.com both have patterns for these. Bernat uses the chest size and using the bernat ww yarn with an I hook.

I would use ww yarn and a smaller hook. I didn't look up redhearts pattern, buy if I was making this I would use 1 size smaller hook. Hope this helps. I have 3 sweaters to make then I may get into these for the gks.

Ok, I ripped out the 3 rows I had finished, because it was just taking too long. I don't like dc, so I am thinking of doing hdc and making more rows. That might work up a little faster than the dc, sc, dc, sc that the Bernat pattern calls for.

I recently completed the Red heart pattern. I made it in simply soft blue ombre. I used alot of yarn because I doubled the yarn strands. I felt it wasnt warm enough without doubling it. The double crochets go fast.

Archived