wrap snuggie

Salli

Marci, I saw that booklet. However, those snuggies you made are probably wonderful anyway. And there's always other chirstmases.

dewbaby, that looks great!

Mine is still just yarn (except 2 skines I used for a vest and another I started something but probably won't finish...:blush). Maybe after christmas. I have an afghan to finish for a friend for christmas. I would love a crochet one for me. The fleece one I bought I don't like. It was a store brand one. It works to keep me warm, but I'd prefer a crochet one.:yes

Debbi

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I am thinking about starting another snuggie, my mom requested one for Christmas this yr just need to see if I have enough yarn that matches or if I need to combine a couple diff colors. I am going to try and do this one from the top down and may try a HDC instead of the DC.

I decide not to do a snuggie. I feel there is no reason for me to make one, no requests from someone else and I have so many afghans to cuddle in at home.

Either way, I think it's an awesome idea to make one instead of wearing a polyester or manmade version. :yes

I'd really like to try to make one of these - I got the pattern and it seemed easy enough to do, even for someone new to crochet.

I'm using a slight smaller hook than was recommended, but the first few rows seem a bit looser than I expected.

I have a store-bought Snuggie that I received for Christmas, but like someone else said - it's pretty thin fleece and it also has a lot of static!

This is the baby snuggly I made from a pattern at Coats & Clark's website. It had a lot of different patterns in all sizes. This was fast and quick. I love how it turned out. I made it with ILTY in peach.

post-19085-135897495643_thumb.jpg

post-19085-135897495646_thumb.jpg

Can someone post the link to the pattern on Red Heart. The ones listed on the first few pages give me an error for the webpage?

Thanks

This is where I found the one I'm using: http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/AfghansThrows/WR1838+Crochet+Snuggle+Up+Throw+with+Sleeves.htm

I am about 20 rows into my 2nd snuggie, this one is for my mom for Christmas so I have plenty of time to get it done. I am using caron simply soft eco in Greenfields and Summer Rose then red heart super saver in Williamsburg Print.

I just finished the sleeves on the first one and now I'm done with #1! :cheer

I'm about to start the second and I think I might just take up on the idea of crocheting the sleeves separately and whip stitching them on. I had to crochet one first just to get a "feel" for how it's done. Now that I know, I can take some liberties with the second one.

Here's what I've learned:

• The body takes literally no time at all
  • I'll use a smaller crochet hook next time as the afghan really stretches and the gauge changed after about 10 rows
  • I'll probably whip stitch the sleeves on afterwards

On to the second one....

This is good to know. Thanks for sharing.

I just finished my Snuggie!

Being a knitter, I am in shock at how fast this worked up. I only started it 8 days ago!

I did the entire thing in one color (a deep purple Red Heart brand, I don't have the exact name with me,) although seeing all the scrap-ghans people are making, I'd almost like to make a scrap Snuggie. :)

I agree with the person who mentioned starting from the top down. The sleeves get to be pretty cumbersome when you're trying to manipulate an entire blanket while working them.

Also, I used a smaller hook than originally recommended and I can still see even using one size smaller. Even with this gauge, it's still very comfy and warm!

I probably won't make another anytime soon, but maybe closer to Christmas if it seems anyone in the family is interested.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 years later...

I have all of the pieces finished but am having a difficult time figuring out how to put it all together.  I looks like the shoulder and collar parts don't match up and if I line them up it twists the section.  Is this correct?  I am becoming very frustrated whit this. 

Welcome to the 'ville!

I have a suggestion to help you navigate this site - you have posted in the 'crochet along' section.  There is another section specifically for asking for help on a specific pattern.  Scroll up to the top of this page, where it says "forum", to get to the main page.  You will see sections separated by blue bars - Town Hall, Crochet Patterns, Crochet Help.  If you post in one of the sub sections under Crochet help, your post will get more attention.  The crochet-along section is for people who decide to make 1 specific pattern chitchat about their progress, so people who aren't in a crochet-along might not look in this section to help you.

Can you post a link to the pattern you are working on?  Don't post the entire pattern here, that would be a violation of copyright.  If it's a free pattern, it would be easier to help; if it's a paid pattern, looking at the pattern photo if there's a link to it online would help to see how it is constructed (if it's in a book or mag, tell us the name of the pattern and the name of the book--we might be able to find some tidbit about it on the net).  Also, if you could take a photo of the pieces you have made, and are trying to match up, it might help as well.

Edit, is it one of the Red Heart pattern ones ?  edit - just realized the last 2 photos looks like there's collar, but it's just the blanket folded over

http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/everyone-can-snuggle (probably not, no collar)

http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/crochet-snuggle-throw-sleeves-0 

http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/crochet-baby-snuggle-sleeves  (baby version of above)

Archived