wrap snuggie

Salli

How is everyone doing? I've been working on mine all morning but am only about 20 rows into it. I've found that I crochet faster when I listen to music :shrug so I am going to dig out my earphones and see how much I get done that way. :D

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started mine two days ago. I'm on row 35 (I think). I chose a nice royal blue colour for my first one. As I'm crocheting it I like the colour more and more. :manyheart

I just did some quick measurements and notice mine is 50" across, not 45". Poop! At this stage I don't think I'll rip and try again :angry - I'm just going to keep on crocheting. I'm making the small size as a Christmas gift for my 10 year old and the girl in the photo looks like she's about 7 or 8 years so maybe a little bigger is better - there's room to grow. That's just some self-talk to justify my decision. :blush

If my gauge is slightly off, I don't think I'll work to 63 rows. If it's measurements to underarms, I think I'll sneak into my daughter's room at night when she's asleep and measure her from toes to underarms. :devil

Onward....

I am on row 37, I have been using saftey pins to mark my rows, I just add them on one side every time I end or start a new row. (I always have a hard time trying to count rows.)This first one is 15 rows green and 15 rows red switching back and forth, I was thinking about doing the sleeves red and white but we will see when the time comes for those.

I have to do some housework then I'm going to load up some shows on hulu to watch while I crochet, I crochet pretty fast when watching movies or shows. Can't wait to see some pics :cheer

I think I might join you guys on this one. I need to decide which pattern I want to use and what yarn.

The Bernat pattern is a completely different stitch pattern and smaller hook (http://www.bernat.com/data/pattern/pdf/Bernat_KWweb2_cr_wrapghan.en_US.pdf)

than the Red Heart ones (http://redheart.com/FreePatterns/tabid/118/Default.aspx?tabid=118&patternid=LW1838.pdf or http://www.coatsandclark.com/NR/rdonlyres/1302BA9C-BBB0-48C8-AFB1-A374C4DD9A75/128771/WR1928.pdf).

I'm thinking about making one for each of my kids, so I'd have to adapt the Bernat pattern for my 2-month-old. :hook

Okay hopefully its not to late for me to join, I found the redheart pattern gonna look at the bernat one, I have all my yarn just trying to figure out how many ounces its gonna take I have 7 skeins of painted desert and the L hook so im anxious to work on this. I think it should go pretty fast at least for the body of it I may have trouble once I get to the top cuz some of that isnt makin sense to me at the moment so I may have lots of questions when I get there though. Im gonna get started on it right away thanks ladies.

Ok. My daughter wants the Bernat one because she likes that stitch pattern (made her a sweater with the same pattern - http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=104193).

I think I'm going to use the Bernat one and adapt it for my baby son...not like I can't try it on him as I go! :lol I'm going to make his first, since hers is going to be a Christmas present and she doesn't know what yarn I'm using. :devil

Yea I started after of course I put the border on my shawler so Im excited I only got to row 5 and plan on working on it tonite I think it should go pretty fast cuz I dont need to count so that makes it easier for me.

Looking for clarification....

Can anyone who has finished one tell me how long it's supposed to be? From the photo it looks like it scrapes the floor. Or, is it ankle length? I'm making the Red Heart snuggie.

It's hard to tell from the photo and I think I'm getting close to the point where I think I should be before starting the armhole directions.

Cheryl.

I thought I would be working on the bottom part then joining it like a tube to the armholes. It looks from the photos like it's open in the back and just lays over the front of your legs like an afghan??? Now I'm confused. :think

Cheryl I am just starting my first one but what I did was measure from the floor to my armpits and got a guide as far as how many rows I need to do before I do the arms. As far as the tube thing goes it is open on the back just like the one on the TV. That much I do know for sure I know reading the directions when I get that far I will need some help the lady that started this thread I do believe is the one that has already done a bunch of them. If you don't get a reply thru here im sure you can email her thru this board and she would get it sooner. I hope I helped a little bit.

Cheryl, I bought a cheap one at a store (that's why I decided to make my own--it was way cheap:P--not even the ones advertised on TV) but I"ve used it because they're so nice and fuctional, I can be warm and crochet at the same time. Anyway, it goes beneath my feet. Which I like, when I sit in a chair, I can cross my legs and my legs and feet stay warm. So when I stand up if I don't want to take it off (to refill my water), I just toss it over one shoulder because it would drag on the ground. Also would be great for laying down for a while (maybe to read, I love to do that), because then the feet are covered.

I suppose you could make it any length you wanted. I think it's suppose to be like an afghan to cover you. But again, what would be most comfortable for you or the person you're giving it to.

Debbi

I have completed 6 of the 10 I have to do. I have made the child size for the5-8 year olds and the adult size for the 10-13 year old. I have to make one for a 3 year old and am going to use the child size and drop thee hook to an H or I. I am using the RH pattern because the arms get worked right in. I have tried 1 of each size on I am about 5'6" and the child size goes down to mid calf and the adult size hangs on the floor.

OK I finished my wrapghan. I used the Benart pattern which I love.

I took a picture of it alone and then my niece agreed to pose for me.

I now have several requests for one. Let me know what you ladies think.

post-19974-135897472484_thumb.jpg

post-19974-135897472519_thumb.jpg

I am still working on mine. I have gotten sick and have not worked on it for a bit but I am back at it and working on the pink one since it needs to be in the mail first. But when I run out of yarn I work on the other two. I love the one with the picture. It is cool to see how it turned out.

Salli In MI

Archived