Finished! 2 versions of the Bernat Camo hoodie pattern

Momcrochets

It's become somewhat an annual tradition around here, that I make my 2 kids each a new sweater every fall. This year I got started a bit later than usual, but finished them both yesterday. I kept alternating between sweaters so I could have them completed close to the same time. (Front sweater A, front Sweater B. Back sweater A, Back Sweater B etc etc).

Believe it or not, I used (loosely at times) the current/recent Bernat Camo hoodie pattern.

post-7396-135897464462_thumb.jpg

happy with their new sweaters :)

post-7396-135897464474_thumb.jpg

On this sweater, I only changed the neckline (which meant fiddling with the hood a bit)...I was afraid the depth of the V might have too "girly" a feel for him (see the first picture for the neckline change ;))

post-7396-135897464478_thumb.jpg

On this one I used a completely different stitch, b/c of pooling (my brain just *had* to think of the hard way around that...I could have alternated 2 skeins) But I kept the concept of the neckline, and the basic schematics.

New sweaters! Don't they look nice? And the children are obviously pleased as punch with their new Mom-made duds! Those hoods are great — you don't have to keep up with caps and if the hoods are down, they provide a little extra warmth at the neck. Very nice job, Mom. I love seeing these pictures!

Wow both of those are awesome. I like the fact that you made one for your son and one for your daughter. I wondered how I could make one for my godson and now I know how.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Heather, Last I heard, there is an adult version of this pattern. And it is really quite an easy pattern to make. No shaping to speak of. I keep thinking the same thing...when I get caught up, I think I'll make me one...it's been a year, and I'm still not there. :D One of these years. Lol

Archived