Crochet On The Red Carpet

(This should probably be posted in Crochet Sightings but, more will see it here)

I love crochet to the bottom of my soul and even loved it in the 60's when I was a young crocheter but, now I have seen it all. Cannot say it is right but oh well :lol:

RED CARPET

Maybe it would have been pretty in one granny square made out of pretty thread?????

:think:eek:oops:ohdear:badidea What was she or her dresser thinking about? Looking at the picture reminds me of one of Carol Burnett's skits that spoofed "Gone With The Wind." The skit where Carol comes down the staircase wearing a dress made from one of the draperies. The dress still has the curtain rod in it at the shoulders. Did Cate and/or her dresser have to throw together an outfit at the last minute? :rofl :rofl

:think:eek:oops:ohdear:badidea What was she or her dresser thinking about? Looking at the picture reminds me of one of Carol Burnett's skits that spoofed "Gone With The Wind." The skit where Carol comes down the staircase wearing a dress made from one of the draperies. The dress still has the curtain rod in it at the shoulders. Did Cate and/or her dresser have to throw together an outfit at the last minute? :rofl :rofl

You are so right! My oldest daughter, grandson and I just the other day watched Carol Burnett skits on YouTube and laughed just as hard at the "Gone With the Wind" skit as the first time we saw it. This dress would have fit right in.

That is a bit over the top! With so many beautiful Crochet Dresses and garments out there why in the world would she wear a grannyghan? What was she thinking? Well, maybe her granny made it for her and she wanted to wear it for her?

All I could think was "Oh, My Gawd!". Would that likely appear on What Not to Crochet?

It DID appear in What Not To Crochet. TWICE! It's on the newest page, and if you go back to some of the later posts in WNTC (I THINK about three pages worth), there is another woman wearing the dress and carrying a HUMONGOUS purse made of the same huge granny squares! It doesn't show the whole dress like the page with Cate Blanchett, but you can tell it's the same dress because it has the same black ruffly trim around the neck and hem. You just can't see that one stupid long sleeve! :lol

Lost a bet? Dare? Was it knit/crochet in public day?

Elle, I always giggle when I see your signature!

Thanks! Y'know, I often think of changing my signature, but then it gets me giggling again when I read it, too, so I end up just leaving it! :lol

Archived