12" Squares Needed for Pregnant Mother with Cancer (Complete, Pics Post 56)

thepunkrockinchick

Hi Everyone. I hate to ask for help with a comfortghan. It always means that there is some type of bad news. :( A member of ours has a grandson who is going to be a father in December. His wife has cancer and cannot be treated until the baby is born. She is going through some trouble as you can imagine. They are going to do a c-section later in the pregnancy. Please pray that she makes it through successfully and for the health of her unborn son.

I am asking for 12" squares in BRIGHT solid colors, any pattern as long as it is no lacier than a granny square. I will border/join them in navy, white, or black.. depending on the squares I receive and what I think will tie it together. Thank you for all of your help and prayers! :manyheart

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a two 12 inch squares one in red and one in bright yellow that I can send you. I think they are simply soft but might be RH I dont remember off hand. PM me your addy and I will get them off to you. I have a few things the DH needs to mail out for me so I could have them in the mail on Tuesday (at least I think that is when I go to therapy again) if not it would be Wednesday.

I’m not sure if I will be having time to get a square made and off to you. Perhaps I can suggest something that will help in a way. Recently a member and I were talking and she was saying the wonderful amount of blocks she received in doing a comfortghan however she was glad it was pay day because it was so big it was very heavy and might cost a lot to send. Mind you this wonderful member was NOT complaining but it got me thinking. From now on when I send square(s) to help I’m going to try to send postage equal to what it cost me to send MY squares to the one that is assembling them. Just think if we each did that when we send squares then the person assembling the comfortghan won’t be handling all the cost for the shipping and it will be a nice way to say thank you to them for organizing this caring gift we are a part of. Ok just my thought on a way to help.

I know who the grama is and am keeping the prayers going for all involved.

Thank you so much everyone for your help and support! I believe I have PMed everyone. My husband is off of work for the next few days and we have to share a computer since mine died on me, so please don't think I'm ignoring you if it takes me a little longer to answer than usual. Thank you again! :manyheart

I have a baby RR (in blue and white) I'm nearly finished with - would you like that, too?

Wow Judianne, that is very generous of you! If you would like to send it I am sure that they would be very touched. I can't wait to write the letter to them explaining how wonderful you ladies are! Thank you so much!:hug

I will be sending you 2, hopefully you are close to your goal

Yay! I think I probably am close to my goal. I need to add everything up to give everyone an estimate of squares I am currently promised. Again, thank you for everyone who is contributing, whether it be through crochet or thoughts and prayers. :manyheart I am going to email the grandma (great-grandma to-be) about our progress.

Good...now I know why I was led to begin this blue baby RR last week! I'm bordering it as I write this, so once I wash it and whip up a second square, I should have a package out to you by Friday.

BTW, it's a 12 point RR and measures 38 inches.

Archived