Christmas hotpads

contrary.crocheter

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Adorable! Please tell me how you got it to 9 petals instead of 7.

a crochet buddy of mine sent me one of these as a gift and the pattern I found on cpc was close but with the fewer petals. Basically you add a few more DC's to the original circle. 18 rather than 13dc's and that gives you more of the starting loops for the petals

Very nice. I love these. Saw the pattern a while ago & printed it so I wouldn't forget to make some for gifts this year. I just need to find the right colors of cotton. What I have doesn't really match. Not much around me except WalMart. Next to nothing there anymore. Shopping trip! :lol

Very nice. I love these. Saw the pattern a while ago & printed it so I wouldn't forget to make some for gifts this year. I just need to find the right colors of cotton. What I have doesn't really match. Not much around me except WalMart. Next to nothing there anymore. Shopping trip! :lol

Do you have a hobby lobby withing driving distance? they have peaches and cream cotton on sale this week!

Do you have a hobby lobby withing driving distance? they have peaches and cream cotton on sale this week!

There's a couple Joann's, both about 25 miles from me as well as a Michael's & AC Moore about the same distance. None of them in a direction I'm usually going of course. No Hobby Lobby or Ben Franklin that I know of are nearby.

There's a couple Joann's, both about 25 miles from me as well as a Michael's & AC Moore about the same distance. None of them in a direction I'm usually going of course. No Hobby Lobby or Ben Franklin that I know of are nearby.

:)We don't have Hobby Lobby either but do have Michael's & Joann's..... here is a link for hobby lobby yarn.... I've bought from them, they are great! And yarn is on sale until Sept. 1.....GBU!:manyheart

https://www.craftsetc.com/

• 3 weeks later...
Very nice! :santa

I'm imagining it done up like a poinsettia...red leaves with a yellow center.

Thank you for the link! I'm definitely hanging onto this one! :cheer

Thanks for the great idea! I waited until I had all three colors done to post a picture. I am sending these to a friend who was very hospitable on a recent visit to her home. I think they will look great on her Christmas table.

post-12542-135897449598_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the great idea! I waited until I had all three colors done to post a picture. I am sending these to a friend who was very hospitable on a recent visit to her home. I think they will look great on her Christmas table.

:)I love the way your hotpads turned out... Looks like a flower for sure.... I just made one using that same pattern, but with 8 points instead of the 7 it calls for.... Did you have problems with yours?.... I couldn't seem to get the 7 point one to work.... I also did 2 rows of each row called for instead of the 1.... I notice you have 9 points, I'll try that one too.... I also used RH yarn since I didn't have any cotton.... Thanks so much for sharing your hotpads... GBU!:manyheart

Just beautiful Football Mom! They will look great on your friend's Christmas table and I'm sure she is just gonna love them!

I have some going in Bernat Holiday Twists and I think they are cute but yours are fantastic. Now that I see them I may have to make a few more in solids.

TFS and taking the time for a photo- :cheer

Very nice. In a plastic bag somewhere in this house are several chunks of cotton yarn that were in a “discontinued” bin on a day when I obviously had just too much money in my pocket, and thus my self-control rendered useless, that I bought for just such an occasion.

John Hablinski, Corpus Christi, Texas, USA

Archived