New dishcloth designs...(pattern link added)

Krakovianka

You can now find the instructions for making this here.

While working on dishcloth(s) for the dishcloth swap, trying to make the perfect one for my partner, I ended up "inventing" 4 new dishcloth patterns (with obvious similarities).

The first one is a basic corner to corner pattern, with a nice stretchy border, all sc so it is light, and without holes. The second (psychedelic) one is similar, but the second half is worked at 90 degree angles to the first half--join as you go, no sewing.

You could figure out how to make them just by looking at the them, right? If anyone would like the instructions written up, I will do it and make them available. (Neither of these is the dishcloth for my partner, though!--that's still a surprise.)

post-13065-135897434297_thumb.jpg

post-13065-135897434301_thumb.jpg

While working on dishcloth(s) for the dishcloth swap, trying to make the perfect one for my partner, I ended up "inventing" 4 new dishcloth patterns (with obvious similarities).

The first one is a basic corner to corner pattern, with a nice stretchy border, all sc so it is light, and without holes. The second (psychedelic) one is similar, but the second half is worked at 90 degree angles to the first half--join as you go, no sewing.

You could figure out how to make them just by looking at the them, right? If anyone would like the instructions written up, I will do it and make them available. (Neither of these is the dishcloth for my partner, though!--that's still a surprise.)

Those are lovely. They look nice and light and stretchy.

I would love to have the pattern, if you get a chance to write it up, and also to know what type of yarn or thread you used.

Your work is always so gorgeous, no matter what you make.

Nice work, Karen! I like the turns you took with the design of the psychedelic dishcloth. :yes Thank you for sharing!

Glad you like them! The stitch pattern is just sc in back loops only--like ribbing. It makes a light, stretchy fabric, though, if you don't use too small a hook. I will write up the directions soon and make them (freely) available.

• 2 weeks later...

I learned how to knit and crochet by first making dishcloths. I loved the colors the cotton yarn came in and the dishcloths were small projects that still introduced me to new stitches and techniques.

I've never actually used any of the dishcloths that I've made though, they're all just sitting in a bin under my bed.

I love your tri color dishcloth though, you could make a whole kitchen set like that with a pot holder and place mats!

I posted instructions for the 3-color dishcloth here.

For some reason the photo doesn't show up for me with that link, although it is there if you load the whole blog. I'm going to have to tweak it--which means I'm going to have to learn how to use it.

Archived