Today's "free pattern of the day"

I don't care for it either.. but tastes vary. Someone will think it's the "cats meow". :D

You're right about that! Someone probably does like it and I guess that's what makes the world a wonderful place full of diversity

I'm relatively new to Crochetville, but in general, we may want to remember that the creators of various internet patterns (or via other media) may actually be members of this community, if not, at least be visitors. Let's embrace the diversity of the crochet world and the spirit of kindness that flows through this great forum.

:hug:hug:hug

As the original poster stated, I wouldn't wear this myself and wouldn't dare put this outfit on anyone's child! This is a poster child for what not to crochet...snobby knitters will love this!

I am sure that it may possibly look better in another color or perhaps in pieces. The top is cute and more than likely if the skirt was pulled up, it would look real cute.

Believe me, I have seen some things here that I do not like, but others do.

I try to think of how it would look apart and a different color. You will be surprised how it changes the outfit.

I admire anyone who designs, cause without them, I would have nothing to crochet.:hook

Well, the photo styling is not good---maybe it was in the 90s but it doesn't look right now. The colors are completely outdated now. The top is too big, the skirt is not straight, and the legwarmers are definitely a layer too much. "what not to crochet" would probably have something to say about the child's body being swallowed up by an alien life form disguised as crochet.

But like Mary Jo said, if the colors were different and all 3 pieces weren't layered, it could be fine. I've definitely seen knitted patterns that looked worse than this. :lol

There is potential in the outfit but it does need some work to let it come through.

I would get rid of the collar first thing as the sweater looks like it has 'good bones'.

I have no idea why they would choose to do that to the waist on the skirt. :eek

I would say the major problem is with the photo presentation first and then on bits of the pattern parts. I am going to dl the pattern because it can be fixed.

I agree that designers ( :blush) should get some leeway but we also need to be called to account when it all goes south. :( (Ask me... I know this one )

One thing I noticed about the pattern, in it's description paragraph, is that it's ACTUALLY focused towards "last blasts of winter" and we are currently in summer. Perhaps that is altering it's appearance (we think it would be "too hot" ). Then i'm not a fan of tights so the three layers together is not appealing to me, but if you separate them.... just the skirt w/ a different top. or the top w/ a different bottom then it could be appealing. :)

First, the little girl herself is adorable. But the photo stylist did not do a good job in setting up the photo itself. I am certain the designer put a lot of hard work in designing and making each piece of this outfit. I just don't like all three pieces worn together. I think if each piece was matched to other items of clothing it would look much cuter than it does. To me, the skirt looks a little to light to be worn for the "last blast of winter." It would look better matched with a lighter top for a "sudden cool day of spring" or an "Indian summer day of fall." The sweater would be better paired with a heavier skirt or a pair of slacks for a "cold winter day." The same with the leg warmers. But again this is just my opinion. If we all thought alike what a boring world this would be.:think

My first glance I was like---oohhh--why would you do that to that adoreable child!

But as I looked closer I agree the sweater has good "bones" and would be cute without the collar. I like the skirt and leg warmers as well. If the skirt was pulled up it wouldn't look so, well, ill fitting.

Picture

My first glance I was like---oohhh--why would you do that to that adoreable child!

But as I looked closer I agree the sweater has good "bones" and would be cute without the collar. I like the skirt and leg warmers as well. If the skirt was pulled up it wouldn't look so, well, ill-fitting. It looks more dated than anything to me, like maybe it was designed when pastels, ruffles, collars and leg warmers were the thing.

Picture it like this--bright colors(think simply soft brights type colors), collarless sweater with either the skirt with tights or the leg warmers over cute little pants.

In the yarn it is in, it's not very cute but if you change the yarn? Maybe. I'm still not sure it would work but someone put a lot of work into designing it and for that I give them kudos. Maybe it's the picture? Nah, it's the yarn more than anything. I think a DK would have made it prettier and drape better.

Something tells me, from looking at how tossled this little one looks, that this outfit "Was" cute, but after 2 hours of trying to get a picture, this kid is OVER IT lol

:laughroll:laughroll:laughroll:laughroll

Archived