Hubby wins Best Hubby Award

That's it! My husband has won the best hubby award for the week!

He was going to Walmart, and they had RHSS on sale for $2. So I told him it's getting to be that time of year and I needed my Christmas green and red that I use to make stockings for his co-workers each year.

So I asked him to pick me up a couple.

He came home with 5 skeins of EACH..

But that's not the best part lol

He always hears me grumping about the "pull end" being lost.

So he said he would have bought them all out by the others didn't have proper "ends"..

I send ends? And then it hit me. He made sure they all had proper pull ends LOL

Some lady walked up to him while he was checking for pull ends and gasped.. "you are checking for pull ends?!"

*chuckle*

Then I said "wow I didn't expect you to buy this many".

And He said "I need the link to your crochet group, not only did you have your husband buy you yarn, you are complaining it is too much? I'm telling!!"

He wins! At least in my book! lol:cheer:cheer:cheer

Hugs

Kath

Awe how cute is that..... My hubby always looks out for me at lawn sales etc for yarns and rubber stamps...So i can understand how your hubby did..

When i was able to buy yarns at stores he'd always say to me buy extra cause you never know if you will need more of the same if you dont you can always use it for something else...

I guess after 30 years married to him this July 14th,,, he knows what i love best...

You got a winner there for sure......

Awe how cute is that..... My hubby always looks out for me at lawn sales etc for yarns and rubber stamps...So i can understand how your hubby did..

When i was able to buy yarns at stores he'd always say to me buy extra cause you never know if you will need more of the same if you dont you can always use it for something else...

I guess after 30 years married to him this July 14th,,, he knows what i love best...

You got a winner there for sure......

You sound like you have a winner too!

Yeah we've been together over 26 years now , so he definitely knows what I love!

Hugs

Kath

Wow -- will he learn to crochet? Then he'd be perfect!

What a sweet hubby. He is definitely a keeper. But I don't know if he learned how to crochet things may become deadly. Just think of the fights over yarn. "I saw it on sale first." or "Have you been rummagging in my stash again?" Maybe he's perfect just the way he is.:clap:yes

That is so wonderful my fiance will look for yarn at yard sales for me but other than that when he's buying me yarn all he will do is hand me the bag and say here

Wow -- will he learn to crochet? Then he'd be perfect!

ROFL I asked him.

He shook his head and said ... no....LOL

He said it wouldn't work with the calluses on his hands from working with concrete.

(I say he's chicken!)

Hugs

Kath

What a sweet hubby. He is definitely a keeper. But I don't know if he learned how to crochet things may become deadly. Just think of the fights over yarn. "I saw it on sale first." or "Have you been rummagging in my stash again?" Maybe he's perfect just the way he is.:clap:yes

OH ! I hadn't thought of that, you're right! NO *hides hooks* He isnt learning!

:hook

That is so wonderful my fiance will look for yarn at yard sales for me but other than that when he's buying me yarn all he will do is hand me the bag and say here

That's wonderful! Just think how great he will be after 20+ years though, he is just a fiance , so just learning *giggle*

Hugs

Kath

He's still learning I tease him all the time about how he should crochet to calm his nerves but he prefers his drums and drumsticks to beat on things which is ok with me I wouldn't want him to take up my craft because I need something that is completely all mine and my daughters that nobody can takeover

He's DEFINITELY a winner! :clap

It really helps when a woman who is addicted to crochet has a husband who "gets it". Mine actually got involved in a bidding war on Ebay for the Annie's Attic Indian Blanket pattern a couple of years ago. He knew I wanted it, but I was at work. He also knew the auction was about to end because I have the Ebay toolbar on my computer that pops up and lets you know when the things you're bidding on or watching are ready to end, and he made sure that I won it. I asked him if he was aware that he had bid $42 on a PATTERN, not on the actual blanket, and he said "do I LOOK stupid?" LOL! I said "I didn't say that!" and he said "I know how much you wanted that pattern. You've talked about nothing else since that auction started. I would have paid $100 if that's what it took to win it for you." I'm definitely blessed in the hubby department as well! :manyheart

What a nice story. A husband who buys yarn and checks for ends. Wow! Would never happen in my house. I have to sneak my yarn in.

:manyheart

My dh is that way, if I want yarn he goes and gets it. He even bought a new tub to put more in. He said yesterday when he returned from Wal Mart that he almost bouht some more cotton yarn. I already have 15 cones and about 200 small ones. I have more yarn than I will use in two lifetimes and it is never enough or not the right colors etc. He will just go get what I need. He is perfect in that way but in other ways weeeell.

I'm glad you guys all have wonderful husbands also.

My dh is that way, if I want yarn he goes and gets it. He even bought a new tub to put more in. He said yesterday when he returned from Wal Mart that he almost bouht some more cotton yarn. I already have 15 cones and about 200 small ones. I have more yarn than I will use in two lifetimes and it is never enough or not the right colors etc. He will just go get what I need. He is perfect in that way but in other ways weeeell.

I'm glad you guys all have wonderful husbands also.

Woot!

We are well kept women!

Hugs

Kath

Archived