Sunflower Lap-Ghan

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am really tempted to try this in those colours (or close at least) and make it my Charity lap ghan for July. I keep seeing sunflowers against a vivid blue sky :dreaming

Well I might try it sooner too - we shall see what we shall see..

ok back from my trip and can post more now. I forgot my charge to charge me cell so couldn't post on the road. I have two blocks done so far Yeah Me:clap

miss scarlet ~ I think it is lovely too

losingmymind2 ~ any color yellow would work. I've even seen people use orange on this pattern. And even other colors to make them different flowers.

darski ~ Me too. My next one I will make with the blue background.

I love this pattern, sunflowers are one of my favourite flowers :manyheart I have too many other things I'm supposed to be doing at present though but I'll keep stopping by to cheer you all on :cheer

I keep coming by this CAL to look at that pattern it's beautiful and will make a great take with you project. At the moment I have four WIP going as soon as one is finished I will join in. In the mean time I will begin gathering my yarn for I don't have much stash on hand. Just knowing I want to join in motivate me to get one of my WIP finished. Hmmmm which one will it be???? LOL :think

Can't wait to have you join us cherria. I've been working some on it been busy too but plan on working on mine some more tonight. I have 6 blocks done so far. I can't deicde if I will keep this one or give it away I have dear friend that just had surgery so might give it to her.

I REALLY, REALLY want to do this one but I have so much I need to complete and if dh sees me buying more yarn.....so for now I'll just watch.

I've been making lots of sunflowers, with two different color centers and 4 petal colors; now I've finished the green around them and have started the navy blue. Plans are for a full size afghan for me, and a lapghan for a friend who is confined to a nursing home.

I know just the person for this ghan...My friend Ruth..She had some throat cancer and during her surgery her chords were severed..She was told she'd NEVER talk again..Well the dr's (and I) are AMAZED..She's COMPLETELY healed

and she ADORES sunflowers...

I have brown yarn now so I can begin on this one soon. I have been dreaming of this one for a while now.

Forget the WIP's and the UFOs I want my sunflowers :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay

:wlol

The wonderful ladies at my LYS is requesting this pattern but can I copy it or give them the blogspot? And can she give out a copy of the pattern to her clients? I don't know how to contact this lady on the blog and I'm not sure reguarding the copyright laws. None of them are computer friendly so I just can't send them the link.

Hi just checking in. I am slowly but surely gathering some colors for this ghan. I finally found a bright yellow that I want to use and now have to find some brown and sky blue yarn. My stash mostly consist of Vanna yarn so that is what I will be using. I have not forgotten about wanting to participate in this CAL. How is everyone making out with there ghan???? I am still working on all my WIP but they are going slowly which I don't mind. I switch up between knitting and crocheting WIP. I'm a new self taught knitter so that is going real slow. That is why I would love to begin making squares for this ghan so it will be my on the go project. Today I plan on visiting the LYS to see if I can find the color yarn I need for this ghan. Hope to hear from you all soon. Let me know how your ghan is going. What joining methods are you using etc...??????? :hug

:bump:bump:bumpHi there just thought I bump this CAL up to see how everyone is doing on their sunflower squares. I finally found a brown that I would like to use for the center of the flower and also a blue for the background. As I posted before I will be using Vanna yarn. Hopefully I will have some time in the coming week to begin on my first square. I will let you know how I am doing and post a pic of my first square.

Hi, I'm glad everyone likes my pattern so much! Talking about the colors, when you go to my blog take a look at the picture in the header, this was also made using my sunflower pattern! Enjoy the pattern everyone and Thanks! And I believe I used the one pound Caron yarn from JoAnn's called Sunflower for the yellow. It's been awhile so I'm not real sure.

I have so much going on right now, but will be back. Just wanted to let you know I have used so many of your great patterns for charity work. I think this afghan is a real pretty and fast project.

TYFS....

I have so much going on right now, but will be back. Just wanted to let you know I have used so many of your great patterns for charity work. I think this afghan is a real pretty and fast project.

TYFS....

Thank you, you just made my day!!

Archived