Sunflower Lap-Ghan

I made a major mistake in my black doilyghan on the weekend and 5 rows have to come out. :cry

I plan to start making some centres for this ghan in spite of my setback on the doilyghan so for tomorrow at least there will be 24 centres ready to go.

I too have been debating whether I should use some variety in my sunflowers. I can change up for leaves and petals but I want my background to be the navy fer shure.

I need to prepare half a skein for my continuous join... ok... tomorrow will be soon enough for that as well :sleep

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:cry Darski...:hug I hope you are able to rework the doilyghan... I know you've been putting a lot of time into it:hug

:hi, all... back from the beach... not as much progress to report, as I would have liked, but I have settled into a good groove...

I changed the pattern:blush... I just kept seeing it different as I was working, and couldn't forget about it.... I will post pictures when I am done... speaking of which, I need to be done before this Saturday:scared. It is a birthday gift for my sis "sunflower:princess"...

I do like this pattern as a flower 'ghan, and will be making it again as written in different colors... so I won't be going anywhere soon:D

I think that different color variations will make some great :ctree gifts... and I already have plenty of stash to use up:clap

I hope you are all having a nice day, and getting lots done!

:hug:hugand I'll see you soon!

Hi everyone, while working on making the center squares today, I was wondering how the afghan will look with yellow flowers as well as some orange flowers mixed in for every other square. I just might make an orange complete square and see how it ook mixed in with the yellow sunflowers. Just some thoughts as I sit here crocheting sunflowers.:D

I've used several shades including an orangy yellow for the flowers and several shades of brown to rusty brown for the centers, and I like the way they look. You're not wasting much time or yarn making a sample square to see how you like it, so go for it.

:hi, all... I have been working away on mine... I will be done by Saturday, and will post a pic when I'm done...

Hope you are doing well, and I like the ideas that you are throwing around!... :devil ahhhh... more stuff to try!

:hug to all!

Well I finally got my tail in gear and I have all of my squares done to round 2. I did half with golden yellow and half with yellow.

I'm going to use one green for all of them and of course my (beloved) navy for the background. I plan to do continuous join and I have my skein ready for the joining round... when I get there. :wlol

:woo

Row one is done and connected and row 2 is growing some leaves. I did add one extra row of he blue because I so dislike weaving ends on every single row. :sad (with cont. join you have to join with the last row of pattern)

I hope to get another row put together :woo today. I have about 3 WIPs that are demanding attention NOW!!! :eek

well ttyl... I hope

The green yarn is looking a little skimpy but I usually guess wrong on that anyway. :whew

Hi, haven't forgotten you all. Baby Doll set is done, on last row of doily, swap has been sent, so other than finishing the comfortghan, I am ready to start my sunflowers.

Still have to make Barbie outfits and a rug, but I think I can go back and forth between the 3 wips. Makes my hands cramp less when I can switch hook sizes and yarn weights.

Got the yarns pulled for all the others, so now I can go though what I want for the sunflowers and centers.

:hug Afternoon everyone, I have made 6 centers with the yellow flower, I am planning of going to the LYS today to pick another color for the center. I have to sit down and plan out how many squares I need for each color. I am also playing around with my digital camera so when I am finish with my afghan I can take a pic and show you my work. Have a great crocheting day. :hook

I have all my blocks done and jo9ined together. Now I'm working on the border!

And I am only just picking out colors, :lol.

I have decided I really don't have enough worsted for this project, so I am going to work it in sport. May have to make more squares, but I believe it will make a sweet baby blanket in the sport. Have to make a test square to determine size and how many squares. Will be back when I have it all figured out. :hook

WOW Deb that was fast. I'm a slow crcheter and I only can only crochet when I can find some Me time. Today I am working on trying to complete 6 squares and so far I am doing alright, bewteen cooking, cleaning, going to church, washing dishes, now me time. :lol:lol I did make two squares with an orange flower petal it looks beautiful next to the yellow petal sunflower. After I am finished with making these 6 squares I will begin weaving in the ends before I make more squares. Do you weave in the ends after each square is made ????? Is it better to do it that way. This is my first ghan with squares that have to be joined and I am loving it.

My second row is now joined and I am adding the blue to my third row. My fourth row has leaves so it is all about the navy at this point. We have had major weather the last few days so the sun is not available for pics. As soon as we get some real sun I can take some real pics. :sigh

One problem with working with the navy is that I get distracted easily. So... I started a set for my 18" dolls with my navy. :blush

Well by mid week I should have a completed lapghan and a doll wardrobe... not really :wlol

@cheeria... I always weave the ends for every square before moving on. It's the only way I can do it any more.

We got a nice day today so here we go...

post-4896-135897434914_thumb.jpg

post-4896-135897434917_thumb.jpg

The lighter yellow is washed out in the pics but is lovely in real time.

It seems short to me but it is already the 48" a lapghan should have. Borders may be interesting... I think I have enough of the deep yellow to do that row... we shall see what we shall see.

The fourth row is still waiting for the blue rows... :sigh it is just so hot these days. :sweat

Well, sport isn't going to work either, not enough of one color to make the background.

Guess this will have to go on hold til next month when my budget will allow me to hit the stores again.

I'll just pop in once in a while to see the how all the ghans are coming along, and catch up when I can.

Nice work Darski, Looks sharp...

[ATTACH]6595[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6596[/ATTACH]

It seems short to me but it is already the 48" a lapghan should have. Borders may be interesting... I think I have enough of the deep yellow to do that row... we shall see what we shall see.

The fourth row is still waiting for the blue rows... :sigh it is just so hot these days. :sweat

It's looking good! Can't wait to see it finished!

Darski, that is beautiful. I can't wait to see how mine will look, but sadly, the wedding afghan needs another 8" of basketweave and a five round border first. I've decided on a sunflower theme for my personal space and will be doing several needlepoint pillows to go with it.

Really nice work!! When your done, I'd love a picture to post on my blog! I've started a new feature on it where I show other peoples projects using my pattern!

Really nice work!! When your done, I'd love a picture to post on my blog! I've started a new feature on it where I show other peoples projects using my pattern!

I would be happy to send you a pic when it is done. It is a very nice pattern. I am already considering other colourways to make it.

Darski I love your afghan if is really pretty, nice colors. I can't wait for mines to be done. Out of 24 squares I have to make 16 more squares, but first I have to start weaving in the ends, I did weave in most of the ends as I crochet but I want to weave them in some more. Someone mention that they are using this for their space, I am too. The orange flowers I made look nice mixed in with the yellow flowers. I will not start putting a row together until I get more orange flowers made. I also want to make another one of these ghan.

Darski,

Beautiful job can't wait to see everyone's finished. I had to stop working on mine because I just realized it's Aug. And our niece is due in Sept with a baby so I'm working on a baby sweater, booties and maybe a blanket then I can get back to this.

2nd

I hit a bit of a snag. I finished the ghan while I was at my aunt's house today and my cousin arrived so I gave her the ghan. I will email her and ask her if she can get a picture of it but I can't promise much.

I have started my next one using this pattern (which I love) and I can likely get you a pic of this when it is finished.

Sorry but I had to send it out when I had the chance. :hug

Darski that is nice of you to give your cousin the afghan, you are a fast crocheter so I'm sure your next one will be made just as fast. These make great gifts, but I already planned out my holiday gift giving and I'm in the process of making my sister's gift now and then my mom's. They both will be receiving shawls and dishcloths can't wait to give it to them. Today I plan on weaving in the ends, can't wait to join the squares together. Have a great crocheting day everyone. :hug

Archived