special request squares

LaVonneK

I have a special request. I have never done this before, but here goes. My sister just lost her husband tuesday and is going through alot of grief. She had two teenage girls, one is pregnant. It hit pretty hard, he died of a heart attack in his sleep. He was only 41. My request is that I would like to make a few blankets for them, but need your help with squares. If anyone would be willing to make one square and send it to me so I can put them together into blankets, I would really appreciate the help. Any kind of squares around 6 or 7 inches. I work and just don't have the time to crochet that much. It would take me a couple months to do something this big. If you send squares please pm me and I will give you my address. Again any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your bil. I started making a granny square afghan, but lost interest. I have some squares already made I would like to send you. Please PM me your address.

:hug

:turtle:vheart

so very to hear of the death of your bil. Please accept my prayers for all concerned .

I will gladly send some squares. please post if you decide on specific colors. pm me your address.

Thank you all, you are very kind. This will be a suprise for my sister and her daughters. There is no color preference or yarn preference. Just what ever is on hand. They aren't picky and neither am I. I very much appreciate the help. When I get enough squares I will post pics of the finished blankets before I give them to my sister and neices. Thanks again.

I'm so sorry to hear about your BIL. I'd love to help, I have a bunch of 6 in squares I made during the last charity weekend that are just looking for a home.

I'm so terribly sorry to hear about your family's loss of your brother-in-law. You and your family are in my prayers.

I do have 3 squares (approx 7") that you might like to use on this (or maybe some other) project. They were done with Caron Simply Soft in Taupe.

If you would like them, just PM me your address and I'll send them right out to you. :hug

Hi again... During my break at work I made some 6" granny squares for you if you still need some. Two are yellow, and I'm now working with my white Bernat yarn.

I am so sorry for the sad news .My dad also dies at 41 the same way only on a toilet instead of the bed .We were 3 2 boys and me a girl .I will pray for the family .I went through it so i understand .Does the girl know what the baby is?I would be so happy to send a baby blanket for her .when i recieve the address i will mail one with the squares .Take care and God help you all .In friendship theresa:hug

You all are so thoughtful, just so you know I am working on squares myself. I found a pattern with a heart in the center thats very pretty. To answer a question that has popped up, my neice is having a boy. She is due in August. The blankets I want at least to be about lap blanket size, or a tab bigger. I have been working a few extra hours at work, plus the kids being out of school I don't have to much time to crochet. I know alot of you can relate to that. My boys are teenagers, and my finacee boys are 6 and 7. So there is alot of "I'm hungry or I'm thristy". Or my favorite my brother won't leave me alone. Well I hope I have pm'd everyone that has offered help. If I haven't please let me know. Again, I appreciate all the responses I am getting and the help. You all are Wonderful!

How awful for all your family. I want to learn how to make squares so it would be a privaledge to send them to you. please pm me your addy.

just dropped a bunch of squares in the mail today, not sure how many I ended up shoving in the envelope. If you need more I still have some please let me know and I can send them to you.

I have a special request. I have never done this before, but here goes. My sister just lost her husband tuesday and is going through alot of grief. She had two teenage girls, one is pregnant. It hit pretty hard, he died of a heart attack in his sleep. He was only 41. My request is that I would like to make a few blankets for them, but need your help with squares. If anyone would be willing to make one square and send it to me so I can put them together into blankets, I would really appreciate the help. Any kind of squares around 6 or 7 inches. I work and just don't have the time to crochet that much. It would take me a couple months to do something this big. If you send squares please pm me and I will give you my address. Again any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sorry to hear of your sisters loss, and yours. maybe the squares will help.

I mailed some today for you. Love & Blessing

Archived