In June I will...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Way to go on the finished project, TexasSugar!!:yay What great motivation! It looks just great! I finished 3 more rounds on the Dove Doily yesterday with only 5 more to go!! :clap I'll have to take a break though to get some decorating projects done for upcoming Vacation Bible School.

Ok, I've knocked out two already! :clap I finished the dog and lady bug...although the lady bug just looks more like a red blob with a head. :think

1) frog Ipod cozy- dh doesn't use his Ipod anymore anyway.

2) finish ladybug ami (stuffing and sewing together)

3) finish wiener dog ami (sew leg and finish face)

4) finish cow keychain (add black spots and sew mouth)

5) finish bear keychain (add nose and mouth)

6) weave ends on drum afghan

7) finish cutaway cardi

Good job at getting some things cross off your list!

I finished one!! :) I finished the clearance afghan, including sewing in all the ends. I was beginning to think I'd never get done with it. I had to redo a round cause I made a mistake. I had to pull out another part of a round cause I didn't have enough to go around and finish it out. Then I had to remove the sc border and replace it with a sc + ch border since I didn't have enough yarn to do all sc's.

I posted it in the Show and Tell so instead of reposting the picture I'll just give the link if anyone wants to check it out.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1756500#post1756500

Now I'm off to turn what is left of a variegated skein of yarn in to 3 round granny squares.

Hope everyone is getting a chance to be productive! :manyheart

I love your 'ghan TexasSugar. TFS!

Well, the day I joined this CAL I started and finished a new project that wasn't on my list :blush, but I also did 3 rows on my navy/red/grey ripple. Since then life has been getting in the way of my crochet time. I hate it when that happens! Today is a new day and I will find time to crochet!

Thanks so much for starting this CAL. It is great motivation for me, and is encouraging to see what other things people are working on. :-)

My plans for June:

--finish Clare's "Big Girl Afhgan" (2/5 squares in)

--Lemon/Lime bootie and bib set (make bib)

--Figure out where I went wrong in Crochet Today! Romantic Wrap [May/June] (and hopefully finish it)

--Select pattern and make Cardigan for Deb

1. finish piecing my daughter's bear together for her birthday

2. Make my father his father's day present still not sure yet

3. Work on my grandmother's lapghan for her birthday which isn't until Sept but why not start now

4. Next figure out what to make fiance for his birthday

and from there not sure I'll keep adding though

Well, between sewing cat tails and gluing lily pads for Vacation Bible School, I did manage to complete 2 more rounds on the Dove Doily. That leaves 3 more. Yay!!:clap Today is Mom's yard sale and time at the church preparing more VBS decorations, so it may be another tough day to get in much crocheting. This CAL is really helping me stay on track better, though. I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

This CAL has really kept me focused on my primary project - the very oversized baby blanket is coming along great!! I only have 9 more rounds to do and then the edging. I can't wait till it is done so I can post the picture - sharing a picture also keeps me motivated.

Glory be!!! I have finally finished those 13 rows of chain mesh and I am now working 5dc into each ch 4 loop. I will find an edging after I see how many dc I end up with - it is supposed to be in the 700 dc range :eek

I am so grateful to finally have this done this far. This doily ghan has been weeping in the corner for at least 2 years and it will finally get finished. :ty

I am down to the last 5 rows of pattern and then must do the edging on the oversized baby blanket. Whew - I will be so happy to finally finish it!!!!!

:whew

So little time, so many projects !!!!! :yawn

Sounds like folks are staying on track really well. Great job! :cheer I managed to get a couple of rows done on the Dove Doily yesterday, but ended up having to frog one, so I only had a net gain of one row. Only 2 more to go, though. They are taking longer and longer to do, it seems. I'll be glad when this is done and it comes time to starch it. Good luck on your progress, everyone!! :clap

I managed to get a couple of rows done on the Dove Doily yesterday, but ended up having to frog one, so I only had a net gain of one row. Only 2 more to go, though. They are taking longer and longer to do, it seems. I'll be glad when this is done and it comes time to starch it. Good luck on your progress, everyone!! :clap

When I made that pattern as a blankie, I found that they had wayyy too many stitches. I started working only enough stitches to keep it flat. I was working in yarn.. I'm guessing you are using thread. Did you find it "full" as you work ir around?

Just curious. :hug

I've been told. I was just thinking out loud a few minutes ago and told my DH and DD that the project I had started on a whim a couple days ago after getting my new crochet magazine wasn't working out. I said something about having so many projects on the go. My DD, who is 4, told me very sternly that I should work on one project each day until they are all done. And then she told me not to look at my magazines or books until all my projects are done. :lol Such wisdom from a such little person, it must be a sign! :yes It is time to get serious about this CAL and make June the month I finish what I've started! So, back to my list and I'm not allowed to add to it until it is finished:

- finish navy/red/grey ripple

- finish brown scarf

- finish lacy bag

I hope you will all hold me to it!

I tried posted last night but the computer I was on and the website were not getting along or something. It wouldn't go through.

Thursday instead of picking up my squares I picked up a ball of yellow and make some flowers for another project. While it wasn't on my written list earlier the flowers were on my longer list of WIPs.

I spent a good portion of my weekend at the lake with my family and even though I took my crochet bag I never picked it up. Sigh. So I'm focusing my attention on the squares this week!! I think I can! I think I can! :cheer

Thank you soooo much for the comments on my Clearance afghan. Knowing how cheap it was almost makes me wish I had bought more yarn on clearance. HeHe.

Good luck everyone with crossing things off your list. :cheer

Colleen, sounds like you have a smart little girl there!! Maybe we should all listen to her.

Well I got all those DCs in place :yay

I ended up with 1120 dc :eek around. I am planning on an edging that uses 20 stitches so we will see how that goes.

Heavens, where do I start?? In June I will finish;

1. the burgundy basketweave neck warmer

2. the cream tiramisu baby blanket

3. the SWS Queen Anne's Lace scarf

4. the tweed tam for my daughter

Juli from Texas

I listened to my DD's advice and put away all my crochet books and magazines. I also sat down and finished a project. :clap One down, two to go. I missed that my original list included a hat for charity. I have not forgotten this, but because that would technically be a new project I can't start it until I finish this list (DD's orders!).

- finish navy/red/grey ripple

- finish brown scarf - DONE

- finish lacy bag

I just finished off an skein of variegated yarn making squares. I'm adding them to my purple, blue and teal squares I have already made. These squares are only three rows of a granny square. I'm gonna go around them in white, and use white to connect them. I now have 146 squares to ring in white. Wonder how long that will take me?

I totally understand about a new project coming up while you are working on others. That's one of the reasons I'm making myself finish things, since I had piles around me of unfinished work and was so close to picking up a new project that isn't needed until this fall. Of course then last night a good friend asked me to make a afghan for her future SIL, I'm gonna try to clear these two projects off before moving on. Just hope I can get them done this month.

well I added another project to my list of things to finish in June a can cozy for my dad for Father's Day

I have to add something to my list as well. I have 14 days to make a travelghan and get it from my house to the town I grew up in. A friend from high school has been diagnosed with a highly invasive cancer-stage 4. He is terminal, with no hope of remission or cure. A huge benefit is being held for him this month, and I'm donating a travelghan to be raffled off. I'm also hoping to donate a purse as well. Since I got a reprieve (again) on some of the items on my "finish me now" list, I have time to do these without feeling rushed.

Hooray, I finished crocheting the Dove Doily. And yes, Darski, it is "wavy". I'm sure a lot of the wave will come out when it is starched, I'm not sure how much, though. I was hoping for a better ruffle around the edges. I'm sure I'd change that if I ever do the pattern again. It's a beautiful, symmetrical doily that builds out from the middle and not a difficult pattern to complete. I'll post a pick as soon as I have it starched.

Now I'm looking at my Chakra purse. It is all done with the exception of covering the magnetic closure on the flap. I can't find anything I like. I was hoping to be able to sew something onto it, but the closure is pretty much all metal, so I would have to have a button or bead that I can sew around the edges of. I've bought some "jewels" I can glue over the closure, but I'm not happy with the look. I'd really like something wooden. Oh well, I'll have to continue to look at this. I hope everyone has a great week of crocheting and checking off items from our to-do lists!

This is such a great idea! This might just be what I need to get motivated again, I crocheted a few days ago for the first time in two months, horrible I know.

Trace - that is a gorgeous clearance afghan!

This month I want to:

Finish the sweater for my son - needs to be put together and have the edging done

Finish my ripple afghan that I started in November and haven't touched since January

Make a pair of slippers

Make a HP purse

Make a pair of baby booties - Hopefully the pattern comes soon, darn mail is sooo slow.

Start on a Graphghan for my dads birthday in August (okay, at least pick a graph lol)

Great work ladies!

TexasSugar- good luck getting those squares edged!

Colleen- :lol @ your DD. We should all take her advice, I think. :hook I had to stash my Crochet Today because my fingers are just itching to make something!

CrossB$Me- Congrats on finishing your doily! Good luck finding a closure for your purse.

I haven't crocheted in a couple of days but I did get a few things done before that. I frogged the cozy and the cutaway cardi. I am going to make the wrap from Crochet Today, but first I need to get the ends weaved in on that afghan! Still not sure what to do about that bear keychain- I'm not really in love with it but I hate to toss it. Maybe I can use it as an RAOK...or give it to my kids. :lol

1) frog Ipod cozy- dh doesn't use his Ipod anymore anyway.

2) finish ladybug ami (stuffing and sewing together)

3) finish wiener dog ami (sew leg and finish face)

4) finish cow keychain (add black spots and sew mouth)

5) finish bear keychain (add nose and mouth)

6) weave ends on drum afghan

7) finish cutaway cardi- frogged

I too have been chipping away at my June projects.

Last week I completed:

5 rows on my Vintage Vertical Stripe

5 rows on my Shawler

4 rows on large hook VVS

Assembled on row of a granny square blanket.

This week I am repeating the same.

Archived