In June I will...

Ninn, I'm glad I'm not the only one who is getting a bit off track :lol. Working only on a ripple blanket was driving me batty! I need a variety of projects, not just a ripple! Crocheting is my hobby, I should enjoy it :rofl. So, I've started a new WIP (shrug) and the ripple will get done...someday. Because of this CAL it is farther along than it was June 1st!

WTG everyone on getting things done!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ninn, I'm glad I'm not the only one who is getting a bit off track :lol. Working only on a ripple blanket was driving me batty! I need a variety of projects, not just a ripple! Crocheting is my hobby, I should enjoy it :rofl. So, I've started a new WIP (shrug) and the ripple will get done...someday. Because of this CAL it is farther along than it was June 1st!

WTG everyone on getting things done!

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who has several projects going on at once I started piecing my cardigan from the Crochet Today magazine but haven't finished since I need actual help with it and I haven't finished my beret because I also need help with that so now I'm working on a lapghan for my grandmother's 90th birthday

I hit a snag with my Doilyghan as well. I have to finish a red scarf before July 6th so that has to be my new priority. This pattern I am using (pineapples) is charted but I have to make a filler portion myself and then repeat the pineapples at the other end. (Yah know... there is an alternate universe where that makes sense :rofl )

I will work a few sts on my ghan but it just can't be the focus this time out. :sigh

I think we are all guilty of starting something new with out finishing something else. Other wise none of us would have more than one WIP at a time. :)

Sometimes we just need a change, and sometimes things come up to distract us from one thing to another.

I finished my blue squares. Tomorrow I'll be sewing in ends on them. Woo Hoo, so much fun!!

OK.... I am so happy I am not the only one that is not able to do what I said I would.

I am still working on the oversized baby blanket but I will NOT be able to get to the other things I planned to complete this month. No way !!!!!!!!

I think the main thing is that SOMETHING get finished - even if it is just one WIP that makes it out of our baskets.

My crochet abilities are not what I thought they would be at this time in my recovery so it is all going slower than I like or planned or expected.

Sooooooooooooo....... I will be happy finishing my 1 project and still making baby hats in-between when I am not feeling well.

This CAL has really helped me stay focused- I don't think I would complete anything if it weren't for everyone here. :hug

Thanks !!!!!!

You know, I almost let myself get off-track yesterday and today. I was bummed to learn that projects I was working on for the county fair cannot be submitted to the state fair. So, I am left without an entry.:( Time to get to work on something entirely new so I will have something entered and be completely stressed out!!:eek I have never entered anything in a fair before, so I was excited about the thought of doing it. Then it dawned on me this afternoon, I don't need to have an entry in both. Why stress out to have just anything to enter?? So, I'm not going to concern myself with the state fair this year, just concentrate on the county fair, learn as much as I can, and prepare for next year. Having never entered anything before, I just might find out I really don't know what I'm doing when it comes to crochet and just make a fool out of myself letting the entire state know!! :P I much more relaxed now :yes

Anyway, the E-6000 seems to be good stuff, so I'm drawing a line through the Chakra Purse. Here are a couple of pics of the completed project. Hopefully she will be good enough for the fair :)

post-15639-135897416297_thumb.jpg

post-15639-135897416302_thumb.jpg

I know I'm late joining, but with school having just let out last week, I'm behind on a lot of things...

For June, I need to complete...

1- scarf for lil cousin

2- baby afghan - 12(?) granny squares

3- baby dress from Crochet mag. (start)

Can I do this in 14 days...?

Lovely purse! I love the bobbles!

I did it!!!! I did it!!! :cheer

I am done with my oversized baby blanket and just need to do the edging. I am going to show my edge proposal to the mother-to-be and see if she agrees or what she wants. Once the edging is done I will post a picture.

And I still have time to do more from my list this month!!!! :eek:crocheting

Patty- beautiful purse!!! I am sure it is a winner !!!!! Keep us posted. :manyheart

I did it!!!! I did it!!! :cheer

I am done with my oversized baby blanket and just need to do the edging. I am going to show my edge proposal to the mother-to-be and see if she agrees or what she wants. Once the edging is done I will post a picture.

Congrats on finishing your WIP.....What a since of accomplishment :hug:hug

Welcome Christina! 14 days is long enough to get at least something crossed off the list. :)

And for all of you that got side tracked from your original list, I'm in the same boat, and I think it is completely normal. My goal for these thread was to help encourage myself and others to complete something this month. I do plan to do this again next month since I will have a WIP that will have to be done by the end of the month. :) So I hope ya'll come back and join me for that.

Arlinka, woo hoo!! :clap I can't wait to see the finished product!

I just finished sewing in the ends on the 49 blue squares. That leaves me with 97 more to go. I'd really like to finish this thing this week, but I'm not sure that is gonna happen. :think

----- ----- -----

Just wanted to add that I finished another 20 purple squares this afternoon. So now I have 69 totally completed squares. Woo Hoo! I have to go get ready to teach now, so I won't got to play with squares until later tonight. I am hoping though that I can finish the other 19 purple squares this evening, if not more.

How is everyone doing? :) Making any progress?

I finished the purple squares last night and started on the teal ones today. Right now I have a total of 98 squares completed with only 48 more left to go. I'm on the down hill run now. Woo Hoo! Guess I better start thinking about how I will be attaching them all together.

1. Wool purse - need to add purse handlesDone :yay

2. RR in Green cameo and cream - weave in endsDone :yay

3. Multi directional scarf - needs one additional skeinDone :yay

4. Wristers for myself - one more to goDone :yay

5. Felt slippers - one more to go

6. Felted slippers - need to stitch together

7. RR in Maroon and cream - need motivation to work on it during the summer

8. Legging - need to knit one more

9. Cotton squares - either combining to make a purse or dishcloths

10. Granny square blanket - have 1/2 squares doneDone :yay

11. Navaho blanket - still figuring out if it is wide enough or if I should add additional I might sit on this for a while

12. White afghan - not sure if I am going to finish it or frog it I might sit on this for a while

13. Baby sweater - wee bit more to goDone :yay

Purple items are knit WIPs

That leaves me with 7 more to do......mmmm have to admit I have not been focusing on finishing but like many of you I have been starting on new things too :devil

Will post pictures soon

My squares are ready to start sewing together, haven't worked on them yet, since I was baby sitting today, but I really need to get them started so I can get it finished!

I've done 6 squares (out of 12 planned) for my bag, 3 daisy squares (out of 15) for the afghan, and no rows on the graphghan (out of 45).

I'm trying to do one daisy square a day, and I haven't gotten today's done yet....actually, I haven't even started today's yet! :lol

In my defense, it's been a crazy day, and I haven't had much time to rest at all. After I get DS off to his backpacking trip tomorrow I may be able to find the time to get caught up! So after about 2:00 tomorrow things will calm down - then Sunday DH and I are driving to lunch about an hour and 1/2 away for Father's Day. He has to go out of town for work, and I'm going to follow him until we get to a restaurant he likes. We'll eat, and then he'll get back on the road and I'll go home. Sunday night will definitely be crochet time! :whew

12 days left (counting today)!

YAY!! Not only did I finish my charity donation travelghan, but I actually got it delivered on time! And I still have almost 2 weeks to finish my list! WOOHOO!!!

YAY!! Not only did I finish my charity donation travelghan, but I actually got it delivered on time! And I still have almost 2 weeks to finish my list! WOOHOO!!!

I've done 6 squares (out of 12 planned) for my bag, 3 daisy squares (out of 15) for the afghan, and no rows on the graphghan (out of 45).

:yay:cheer:clap

In June I will finish: Shades of yellow baby blankets......DONE

In June I will learn how to do a ripple......DONE

In June I will work on Sashas ghan

" " " " " " Sasha's purse--Tie in Ends put snap on

Sasha's scarf---Tine in Ends

I will work on brown Granny

HoT Pink BS

JoAnn's broomstick

Glenns Broomstick

Start Jeanifer's bb

Work on more squares

Well, I have stiffened and blocked the Dove Doiley. I think it looks OK. I"ll get a pic when it completely dries. I've also pulled out everything to finish the Crocheted Wall Hanging. Moving right along...

TexasSugar's Revised List for June (and into July)

Clearance Afghan - Rectangle granny square afghan. - Done!

Granny Square - 140 squares made, with 20 sc'ed together. On hold.

Flower Granny Square - Needs 36 more squares finished. On hold.

Current project: Diamond Granny Square Afghan - Needs 225 squares total

So far I have:

22 purple Lavender Blue 4 round squares - minus the sc round of black

2 completed Lavender Blue Squares (with sc black round)

Archived