In June I will...

A little over a month ago Darski started a thread to spend a week getting things done. I loved this idea, especially since I think more in smaller amounts of time. I know we have a thread/CAL going that is based on starting and finishing projects in three month periods, but if I give myself three months to finish something I totally get off track before that happens.

Since it is the middle of the year, I decided I will focus on crossing off some of those WIPs I started this year. Plus I need to do some stash busting to get those numbers down. Win Win right?

My goals for June are to finish (including getting rid of those pesky ends):

1. Clearance Afghan - Rectangle granny square afghan. I have about 5 round left on it.

2. Granny Square - This is a project to use up some skeins of yarn I had. Not sure how far I am in on this one since I'm not sure if it will be a throw or an afghan yet.

3. Flower Granny Square - This one was started months ago, and actually have 2/3rds of the squares finished and stitched together. I have the last 36 squares half finished.

I have other WIPs going as well but I will stick with the three listed first. I know that I will have the first done in the next day or two. I also know I can finish at least one of the other two this month if I focus on it, possibly both.

Does anyone else want to join me in June in trying to cross a few things off your list before we reach the second half of the year? ;)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will join you on this one. I still have several things that I didn't get completed from Darski's WIP Week. I also have more projects that I started since then that need to be finished :eek:eek.

So for now I guess my list will be:

1. Son's v-stitch afghan

2. March/April/May scarves

3. Finish my first attempt at a Doily

4. 2 bracelet bags

5. Another bag

6. Start joining squares that I made from scrap yarn.

7. Finish the scrap ghan I started making squares for during the May Charity along.

8. Weave in the ends and add notions/embellishments to some fridgies/pins.

9. Finish 2 lapghans

As always, I am sure I will find other things that need to be completed :lol:lol. I am very bad about starting something and then laying it aside when something else catches my interest.

Yay! I am going to join this one! Darski's WIP week was great for me and I got lots done. Since then I've started a bunch of WIPs and can't seem to finish anything.

In June I will:

- finish navy/red/grey ripple

- finish brown scarf

- finish the lace bag

- make at least one hat for charity

- attempt the join-as-you-go method to see how I like it (that has been on my to do list, but I keep putting it off because I'm not working with squares right now).

This is a realistic list and I can always add onto it if I do well.

Happy crocheting everyone!

Ooh Colleen you will love the join as you go method! I hate to join squares but that method is great! I'm using for my ILTY afghan that I never should have started in the first place. :blush:devil

I am in! I loved Darski's WIP Week but the next couple of weeks are going to be really busy for me. So if I can say, "I will have this done by the end of the month" then that should *work.* Fingers crossed, anyway! LoL Ok, so here is my list:

1) frog Ipod cozy- dh doesn't use his Ipod anymore anyway.

2) finish ladybug ami (stuffing and sewing together)

3) finish wiener dog ami (sew leg and finish face)

4) finish cow keychain (add black spots and sew mouth)

5) finish bear keychain (add nose and mouth)

6) weave ends on drum afghan

7) finish cutaway cardi

I have 2 more things that really need to be finished but I don't think I will have them done within the month. I have no will power, though...someone needs to take my stash and patterns and just hide them for a month! :lol

I loved the Darski WIP week and I knocked out more than 2/3 of my WIP's. I still have some additional items to finish:

1. Wool purse - need to add purse handles ;)
  2. RR in Green cameo and cream - needs to have ends woven in :lol
  3. Multi directional scarf - needs one additional skein :yarn
  4. Wristers for myself - one more to go, also figuring out what sz needles I used....:blush
  5. Felt slippers - one more to go :slipper
  6. Felted slippers - need to stitch together :slipper
  7. RR in Maroon and cream - need motivation to work on it during the summer :hot
  8. Legging - need to knit one more :knit
  9. Cotton squares - either combining to make a purse or dishcloths :think
  10. Granny square blanket - have 1/2 squares done :hook
  11. Navaho blanket - still figuring out if it is wide enough or if I should add additional :crochetingI might sit on this for a while
  12. White afghan - not sure if I am going to finish it or frog it :frogI might sit on this for a while
  13. Baby sweater - wee bit more to go :heart

So you can see I do need :kick

before I can :juggle and :morcoffee before I start one more project but I am trying to learn to knit lace so I guess I am just adding more to my list :oops:lol

Off to work on something and not add to my list :hug

Purple items are knitting WIP's

I am so in on this one. I have stuff staring at me that I didn't even see in the last one . Will organize a list for June

thank you so much for getting this one going :hug

:ghug

I need some help finishing up WIPs also.

I have to work on

1.) Will's graduation afghan

2.) Shelly's wedding afghan

3.) Arden's orange dress (almost done--)

4.) Baby Otto's green sweater and hat set.

It doesn't look like so much when I type it out!!! Maybe there is hope for me yet!!!

:clap:clap:clap

I'm so glad I have people joining me for this one. :)

I've been working on my clearance afghan. I was on round four from the end when I realized I made a mistake on the previous round. It took a while to frog it since I'm working with bumpy yarn and I didn't want to pull it too hard.

Off to redo this round.... sigh....

I'm in,too here is my list so far at least in June

1. finish piecing my daughter's bear together for her birthday

2. Make my father his father's day present still not sure yet

3. Work on my grandmother's lapghan for her birthday which isn't until Sept but why not start now

4. Next figure out what to make fiance for his birthday

and from there not sure I'll keep adding though

Ok, I've knocked out two already! :clap I finished the dog and lady bug...although the lady bug just looks more like a red blob with a head. :think

1) frog Ipod cozy- dh doesn't use his Ipod anymore anyway.

2) finish ladybug ami (stuffing and sewing together)

3) finish wiener dog ami (sew leg and finish face)

4) finish cow keychain (add black spots and sew mouth)

5) finish bear keychain (add nose and mouth)

6) weave ends on drum afghan

7) finish cutaway cardi

This sounds like a great one to me too! :clap I'll have to think what I want to do & repost; it's been rough getting anything done lately between doctors, a daughters wedding & then another daughters back surgery inserting a rod & screws & trying to take care of grandchildren. :ohdearI miss my crafts!:hook

I'm in too, but because of medical issues with my crocheting wrist I must go very slowly.

Dr. won't let me do too much too long - plus the pain gets real bad. :(

I too have the problem of starting a project very enthusiastically and then something else catches my eye and I put it down.... only to start this process over with the new project. I've been told I have: Project Attention Deficite Disorder. :lol

My June to do:

1- complete oversized baby blanket for co-worker

2- stitch together & complete granny square/crochet afghan

3- complete afghan started on knitting needles

I know it's not a lot & I have more WIPs sitting around, but if I could get these done in June it will make a big difference in my crochet basket.

Should we all post pics of our completed works as they are finished?

Thanks for starting this!!!!

I am so glad you started this! I have been thinking about a one month CAL for weeks now. I understand you when you say it's easy to get off track over 3 months and too much can happen in a week for me to get much crocheting done. I am so in and hope it continues.

My List: Finish Dove Doily, Attach Button on Chakra Puse, Assemble Crochet Wall Hanging

Count me IN ! :hook

Here's my list:

To FINISH:

• Charity lapghan
  • Afghan for kids to use in the car
  • Add 20 rows to my Vintage Vertical Stripe afghan
  • finish side 2 of the Shawler

OH, this sounds like a great way to stay motivated!

In June, I will:

1) complete b's travelghan--DONE and donated to benefit raffle

2) complete l's dress

3) complete j's slippers

4) make a babyghan for my new grandson before he gets here

5) make a babyghan for a friend's new grandson. he's already here.

6) make a laptop bag for dh's new laptop. with nylon yarn.

7) complete my swap bag and fill it with treats for my partner.

8) finish designing a baby dress, write out the pattern, and publish it online

9) scrape the stucco off the walls in the bathroom, all the while promising certain death to the idiot who put it there in the first place.

10) plant my vegetable garden and move my rosebush. really. i swear!

I too have the problem of starting a project very enthusiastically and then something else catches my eye and I put it down.... only to start this process over with the new project. I've been told I have: Project Attention Deficite Disorder. :lol

So there is a name for it after all. PADD, yeah I have that too! That is why I have 4 afghans in different stages sitting around. It seems like the getting started part is easy, but then there is something lacking once I get to the middle that I lose focus and find something new to start.

The clearance afghan was just started last Friday, even though I have two others I should work on. One of them was waiting for me to buy more yarn for, but that was done before I even bought the clearance yarn.

I wanted to start this CAL so I focused on finishing these up rather than moving on to the afghan that isn't needed until Oct at the earliest, Christmas as the latest.

Pictures are finished work are great! I can't wait to see everyone getting through their list!! :cheer

I've got my clearance afghan spread over my lap right now. I ended up running out of yarn before I got to finish the pattern I was working on, so I am hoping I have enough yarn in my two balls left to do sc around the whole thing.

Maybe I'll be on to making squares before the day is over.

I am only going to name my Coronet Doily ghan as my WIP for June, Now it will depend on how hot it gets as I just wilt in hot weather. My intention was that this huge ghan would be a great summer covering as it should be rather light... we shall see what we shall see... :wlol

This has been around for far too many moons :dreaming

I finished one!! :) I finished the clearance afghan, including sewing in all the ends. I was beginning to think I'd never get done with it. I had to redo a round cause I made a mistake. I had to pull out another part of a round cause I didn't have enough to go around and finish it out. Then I had to remove the sc border and replace it with a sc + ch border since I didn't have enough yarn to do all sc's.

I posted it in the Show and Tell so instead of reposting the picture I'll just give the link if anyone wants to check it out.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1756500#post1756500

Now I'm off to turn what is left of a variegated skein of yarn in to 3 round granny squares.

Hope everyone is getting a chance to be productive! :manyheart

Trace- Congrats on completing your project!!! "another one bites the dust" :hook

Thanks for sharing it.... looks beautiful and such a buy !!!!!!!

I'm still working on mine - slowly and surely so Dr doesn't yell at me.

Ihave made my choice for the coronet... I will finish the 13 rounds of ch 4 mesh and then finish iff with the row of solid dc. I'll find an edging pattern ... I think

I am going to get the following done in June:

1. Make 2 complete set of baby booties. I have 2 booties done and they don't match. So at least I have half of each set done. Now to do the other half.

2. Start & finish the afghan of my Grandparents

3. Round Ripple for me

4. Scrunchies (10) 1/10 done

5. Fat Bottom Bag (1) DONE :cheer

I don't want to put too much on my list. So these items are it for right now. Once I get these items finished and if I have time I will add more items.

I finished one!! :) I finished the clearance afghan, including sewing in all the ends. I was beginning to think I'd never get done with it. I had to redo a round cause I made a mistake. I had to pull out another part of a round cause I didn't have enough to go around and finish it out. Then I had to remove the sc border and replace it with a sc + ch border since I didn't have enough yarn to do all sc's.

I posted it in the Show and Tell so instead of reposting the picture I'll just give the link if anyone wants to check it out.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1756500#post1756500

Now I'm off to turn what is left of a variegated skein of yarn in to 3 round granny squares

Hope everyone is getting a chance to be productive! :manyheart

:yay:clap:cheer WTG!!! Looks really nice and cozy!! TFS the:photo. You did a really good job.

I like this idea and in June I will -

~finish a tote I've started

~finish a stand mixer cover

~begin and finish an edged polar fleece

Archived