In June I will...

It sounds like everybody is doing well! 7 days left counting today!

I'm not going to get 45 rows done on my graphghan. Just no way.

But I did do the 12 squares for my bag, and I may finish the other 15 I wanted to do for an afghan. I made the top to a little dress that wasn't on my list at all, too. :P And truthfully, if I hear back from my brother about a size I need, I may make another dress top or two before the month is out. I'll have to make the graphghan a higher priority next month. :sigh I knew the graphghan would be the most difficult to make myself sit down and do....I'll have to really put it forward next month. I need to get that thing done!

:crocheting

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know how you feel. I switched to that scarf and then everything got in between. With the Chairty Weekend over, now i can get back to it. Funny thing is that I got more done on the doily ghan than on the scarf :rofl

Well as you say, there is always next month. :wlol

I've taken a few days off from stitching but I read a good book!

Back to it today! June was productive for me because of this thread. Looking forward to doing it again in July!

Finished it!!!! :clap I finially finished the oversized baby blanket I made for a friend. It is the only completed item from my list but because of my wrist problem I couldn't do more. But... one project is now out of my basket and off my list!!!! That in itself is an accomplishment. One a month will be good for me.

I will try to post a picture this weekend with help from hubby.

Can we start a new thread for July? This has kept me going and tho I only finished one project, it motivated me. I am sure I wouldn't have finished this one if it weren't for all you great gals. :hug

Look foward to seeing everyone's completed projects. :yay

Aaaaarrrgggghhhh!!!

:thair

I am so getting nowhere this month it seems. I wasted that time on the red scarf - I just frogged it and started over doing a bias scarf instead. All that time and effort wasted and I could probably have finished at least one row on the Coronet. Now I have neither of them.

Well... time to regroup. i have to finish the lapghan from the charity weekend so that will have to be my work for this CAL this month.

Let's see...in June I will....apparently drive myself crazy by starting three dresses and a bag that weren't on my list at all before June....I'll set aside everything I really need to get done and play with dresses that probably won't be worn more than once or twice because my brother will be afraid my niece might mess them up...AND I'll stress over the fact that I'm another month closer to Christmas, yet still haven't finished any of the afghans for Christmas gifts, the Christmas stockings I planned to make our family, and the mantle drape I wanted to make for our new fireplace. :sigh The mantle drape will probably become a Christmas 2010 goal...it can wait. I have got to get back on track next month, though! I'm going to make myself a promise - no new projects in July. I'll only work on things I've started. I have plenty to keep myself busy in July without getting side-tracked again!

SO....three days of June left after today....I'm going to finish stitching the last top to the dresses, join the squares for my bag, and make a few more daisy squares. I can do that! I may even have time to make the skirts for the dresses (they'll be sewn, so they won't take very long). It would be nice if they were done before July, so that I could get myself back on track as soon as possible.

:crocheting

Current project: Diamond Granny Square Afghan - Needs 225 squares total

So far I have:

14 Lavender Blue 4 round squares - minus the sc round of black

10 completed Lavender Blue Squares (with sc black round)

23 Blue Mint 4 round squares - minus the sc round of black

1 completed Blue Mint Squares (with sc black round)

This evening and tomorrow I will either work on the black rounds or start another color, haven't decided yet.

In my opinion it doesn't matter that the lists we started with got changed, the important part is that we finished something we were working on. Even though I had to take on another project and put things on hold I still completed one project on my original list.

I'll start a new thread this evening for July and I hope ya'll join me there. I decided to start it today so that everyone has a few more days to finish what they are working on and can start thinking about their list for July so they can be ready to go. My list is pretty easy, since the Diamond Granny Afghan is my main focus.

Congrats to everyone that were able to cross things off the list. And for those of us that had/wanted to put things aside to work on something else, it is a hard habit to break. We wouldn't need to thread to help push us to finish things if we easily did that on our own. ;)

Congrats to everyone that were able to cross things off the list. And for those of us that had/wanted to put things aside to work on something else, it is a hard habit to break. We wouldn't need to thread to help push us to finish things if we easily did that on our own. ;)

Thanks Trace! You're right, of course - any progress is good progress! I just get frustrated with myself for not sticking with things and getting side-tracked so easily. When I saw the dress pattern, I just had to make it, and I knew that I needed to make it soon so that it could be worn this summer....so I did the right thing, but I need to focus my energy on the afghans in July! :hug Thanks for the encouraging words!! :hug

See you in the July CAL! :hook

Archived