"Sporty" Round Ripple Afghan for Uncle

boksie

My uncle has been a great support to me when I feel down from my depression. He also has been helpful when we bought our house and provided us with materials, free or at his cost, to update it. He always lends a shoulder for me to lean on when I need it even though we live in different states. When he said that he was talking to a real estate agent about buying a house in Florida for retirement, I decided that the rr afghan I was making (to use up some yarn in my stash) would be for a housewarming present. The deal fell through but the afghan is his anyway. I hope you like it. I think it looks "sporty" (or is the word "sportish?). You can go here to see it.:manyheart

Sporty is a good word! It looks great and I'm sure he loves it. Where was he looking to buy? My parents live in Lakeland (about an hour from Tampa and Orlando) and the retirement community they're in has A LOT of "houses" for sale. They're technically classified as mobile homes, but at the same time, they're not. Most of them in the community are built by Palm Harbor.

Definitely sporty and masculine! :cheer I think your uncle will love it and what a nice gesture to show how much you appreciate him.

That is an awesome RR!! I love those colors!! It reminds me of the "Pittsburgh Steelers", which my dh is a huge fan!!

Great RR - and yes very sporty colours! I just bought some wool in those colours to make a birthday afghan for my work friend who is sport mad and her favourite GAA team play in these colours

Thanks everyone for the compliments. Sometimes I'm not confident in my abilities so it is great to have the nice words from experts.

Archived