Found the most gorgeous hooks today.

These are all hand carved, some from bone, and they are amazingly detailed. I think I will wind up owning about 6 of them. I can't choose just one!!! The hibiscus flower even comes in a size 1 for thread crochet! I can't wait till payday!

http://stores.ebay.com/Quality-Fibers_Needles-Notions_Crochet-Hooks_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZ14007220QQftidZ2QQtZkm

They really are pretty, but I'll have to pass on them right now. I just bought some bamboo handled Susan Bates hooks from Joann's when they were on sale a couple of weeks ago, so no more money right now for hooks. But they look really nice.

Wow those are beautiful...... I couldnt beleive my eyes.... and the prices are just awesome...

I will have to order a few.....Thaks for posting the link.

Wow! they are beautiful. Unfortunately I just bought four new hooks from another Crochetville member so none for me now. If anyone orders some please let us know how they are.

I just ordered a couple of the wood ones so will for sure let you all know how they are .

I'm so excited.. These will be my mothers day gift from hubby..

Yes I know I'm not a mommy but hey i got Foxie my pom I'm raising since she was 7months she is my baby so got to count for something

You should hear all the fussing going on in this house. DH just paid for a storage unit for my yarn, I want a little wooden box for my hooks and now I'm bugging for money for more hooks! I told him my obsession costs less than his (nascar collectibles) and he should just deal with it.........lol

Well ladies all I can say is that i had contacted the seller yesterday cause i thought she made the hooks herself and unfortunately she dont so what ever she got listed is all she got on them hooks and knitting needles..

So you all better grab your pennies and buy some while supplies last...

I cant wait to get mine to see how they crochet up..

Ninn i read hubby just got to paying for a mini storage for you for your yarn??? Wow

thats awesome I've never heard of someone having to put their yarn stash into storage..

hehehehehehhe

Not that kind of storage!.....ROFL!!! It's a small unit with shelves and a canvas cover for inside my office. It keeps the cats and the grandchildren out of the yarn! OMG- I WISH I had enough yarn to fill a storage unit. It doesn't even fill my little set of shelves! My stash got seriously depleted after a burglary last year. 2 whole hugemongous storage totes of yarn got stolen, along with most of my hooks. So, I'm rebuilding my stash, slowly but surely. It's hard, because I do custom work and orders are scarce right now. I'm hoping to make enough off the 3 I just got to buy yarn for Christmas gift making.

oh ninn:

Thats terrable that your stash was stolen and your hooks too.

Imagine the crooks surprise to open the containers and find yarn!!!

Goodluck in rebuilding your stash!!!

I just about died of shock when I thought you needed a storage unit for your yarn!!!

Oh the crooks knew exactly what was in those totes. They didn't take the ones full of paperwork. They had plenty of time to sort through my house and only take what they wanted. I lost all my Christmas stuff, the hand beaded ornaments my late grandmother made, you wouldn't believe the stuff they took. All the genealogy research for my oldest daughter's tree!

I'm working on increasing my stash now, and I am buying lovely hooks because I believe that a tool should be loved and appreciated for both it's utility and it's beauty. And because I am finally getting around to appreciating the fun of being a girl!

Oh Ninn, that's awful. :( I wonder what they did w/all that wonderful stuff, probably sold it on ebay or somewhere that they could get top dollar for things like that. I wish I could contribute some stuff back to you. I know how I treasure my late MIL's things that she made and I have lots of my late GM's dollies and tableclothes she had crocheted. I would be devastated if I lost that.

Ohhh My dear Ninn I'm so sorry to hear that..

I have been burglurized twice in my life and its aweful feeling it really aweful.

I am going to send you a Pm right now so please be on the lookout and reply

The most important thing that was lost was my grandma's ornaments. When I told my mother, she sent me a dozen from her own collection. They are now in a locked box in my bedroom! They get their own little tree in the kitchen and nobody is allowed to touch them.

I'm thinking about learning to make them and carrying on the tradition.

Ninn, that is awful, I am so sorry!

The hooks although are pretty, they dont have a thumb rest, so no good to me, I aint paying that kind of money for a hook I cant use, good for you all that can use hooks with no thumb rest!

HUGS

JoAnn

Archived