Prayers & Squares needed for 2 lovely ladies (Both delivered. Posts 46 & 49 have pix links)

Lady_of_Roses

Hi everyone,

I've got two lovely ladies that I could use help making comfortghans for. They are both going through difficult times right now.

One is for Vicki (mythunderbird). She lost her FIL last Wednesday night after a long battle and she could use some comfort. Her favorite color is blue, so I was thinking of primarily blue squares with white mixed in would be good for her. I'll edge all the squares in white as I assemble it. So I guess I'm looking for worsted weight acrylic blue, blue & white, and white, 10 inch squares for her. I can hand deliver her comfortghan to her. I know a 'Ville ghan would mean a lot to her.

The other lady is my sister in law Patti who is only 31. She just got diagnosed with localized lipodystrophy, which is closely related to muscular dystrophy. I'm not able to go into all the ins and outs of the disease, but at this time there is no cure and it is eating holes in her body. This has been devestating news for the family. From what I've seen of her decor, I know she likes black, and I believe she likes nice bright jewel tones*. So for her I was thinking of jewel tones squares with black mixed in. I'll edge all the squares in black as I assemble it. I'm looking for worsted weight acrylic bright jewel tones, jewel tone & black, and black, 10 inch squares for her. I can hand deliver her comfortghan to her as well on my next trip up to Canada.

(*To me bright jewel tones are colors like, RHSS Cherry Red, Bright Yellow, Vibrant Orange, Amethyst, etc. Colors that will really 'pop' against black.)

Thank you for considering to help me with these. If you're interested, please PM me for my address. Bless you all! :manyheart

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can send a square for each, PM me your address.

I have RH super saver, Cherry Red, and a RH super saver Royal(blue) , is this ok.

Debbie

Thank you Debbie! I will PM you the info in a moment. Those should be great colors. For 10 inch squares, I usually use a pattern that's 'in the round' for a 12" and then just stop when it's the right size. Crochet pattern central may have some squares you'll like.

Thank you Shana, I'll PM you momentarily. The pastel blue and white will be lovely for Vicki's ghan.

I will be glad to help you out. Does it matter, light or dark blue. As for the jewel tones, I'll have to take a look through the stash but I'm sure I'll find something that will work. I'll PM you for your address.

I have some RHSS cherry red, so I can help with the one for your SIL. Sorry I don't have any blue or white right now though. I will pm you for your addy.

pm me your address and i will do my best to get a couple of squares in the mail tomorrow for you. as i have to go to the post office to mail out other squares also:)

your family and our SIL are in my prayers:hug

If you still need squares I will be willing to make a couple for you...Please pm me your addy

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers

Karen

Hi Enid, I put two square each for Vicki and Patti in the mail today. You should get them in a couple of days :clap. I will keep both Vicki and Patti in my prayers :manyheart.

Andrea :crocheting

Archived