Prayers & Squares needed for 2 lovely ladies (Both delivered. Posts 46 & 49 have pix links)

Lady_of_Roses

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Enid,

I got my two squares in the mail to you today, I wish I had time to do more than one each. But I am feriously working on my SIL's also,

HUGS

JoAnn

I received 2 squares from Minwifeof4boys, and 6 squares from Losingmymind. Thank you thank you!

Sorry for the delay with this update. This weekend was very very busy and I wasn't at my computer.

Yes, I could still use some more squares if anyone else would like to make some. :)

Hi, yes I am making you some squares. I've been out of sorts the past couple of weeks and haven't been crocheting. I should have them out to you by the end of the week.

I have been remiss. I meant to log in and say thank you to Kwools for the 2 squares she sent me this week. It's been a busy week! I have about half the squares needed to do the blankets at this point.

Mine will be going out tomorrow. So sorry I haven't sent them sooner! I thought I had sent them with some packages last week. :think Just found them next to my bed last night. :blush

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I could still use squares. I've received 14 squares for Vicki's. I've received 13 squares for Patti's, and have another 6 promised to me from a local friend. I need between 24-30 squares total for each Comfortghan. I'm going to need to start assembly by June 1st as I have to deliver Patti's on June 14th.

• 2 weeks later...

I received 10 squares from Tia today! They are beautiful and they make it so I have enough squares now for Patti's ghan. Thank you!

After my husband helps me lay out the squares for the best aesthetics (I'm bad with colors), I'm beginning assembly on Patti's ghan tonight and will be working on it all week to take this weekend to her. She's going to love this!

I'm going to put up pictures of all the squares and finished ghans when both are completed. Thank you so much ladies!!

Just a quick update:

I finished putting the last square on Patti's comfortghan late last night. I used the flat braid join, and my husband thinks it looks very nice. It took me about half an hour per square, and just under 14 oz of black worsted yarn. I'll be spending today weaving in the 60 ends, taking pictures of the completed comfortghan and tagging the squares so the recipient knows of all the lovely people who sent their thoughts and love to her.

I'll post another update after I return from my trip to Canada where I'll be giving it to her. Then I'll see about making up the last squares and begin assembly on Vicki's comfortghan. Whew!

P.S. Becky Morgan, thank you for the 4 squares I received on Wednesday. I unfortunately wasn't able to enlarge and incorporate them into Patti's ghan due to time restrictions, but I'll see about getting them into Vicki's ghan.

Oh, thanks for letting me know you got my squares okay. Sorry, I would have checked in with you sooner, but I was nursing a very sick cat for several weeks. Sadly we had to make the hard decision last week to have him put to sleep. :cry So I had temporarily forgotten about the squares I sent you. Can't wait to see pics of the finished 'ghans!

Whew! OK, I finally figured out how to use my software to put up a permanent gallery of photos from this! I've got Patti's comfortghan pictures completed now. I feel kind of silly that I forgot to take pictures of the 5 squares I made, so I'll try not do that again!

Patti received her comfortghan on June 14th. She was shocked and looked very moved to have received so much love, prayers, and caring from people who have never even met her. She sat with her ghan on her, or touching her for the rest of her visit. I was especially glad that she got her ghan, because 2 days later she ended up in the emergency room of the hospital for another medical incident as her intestines have received temporary damage from very strong antibiotics she was given for a boil. :(

Patti sent me an email with this note to all the people who were involved in this project:

*For Everyone Involved:*

I cannot find the words to fully express how much I appreciate the hard work you dedicated into the creation of the comfortghan for me. I imagine it took many weeks of work to result in the beautiful and cheerful afghan I received. It was very generous and kind of everyone and I thank you for the warmth and comfort it brings me. It's very uplifting, visually fun to look at, handy, and deeply appreciated.

I had been advised to make Patti's ghan 5x6 10 inch squares, but that really was too big for just one person, so I'm going to make Vicki's 4x6. I'm going to add to some squares received that needed rounds put on, and then will make any last squares needed and begin assembly. The photos will be up much quicker for Vicki's ghan now as I have my gallery software figured out.

In the meantime, here's the link to the gallery with Patti's comfortghan photos.

• 4 weeks later...

I delivered Vicki's comfortghan on Tuesday. She was very touched to receive it and is cuddling up with it nightly. :manyheart

The pictures to see Vicki's squares and completed Ghan is at: Vicki's Comfortghan

Thank you to everyone who helped me to bring a little bit of happiness to two people going through hard times. Bless you all!

Looks very nice. Everyone is just so wonderful here at helping out. I just love them. Goldie

I delivered Vicki's comfortghan on Tuesday. She was very touched to receive it and is cuddling up with it nightly. :manyheart

The pictures to see Vicki's squares and completed Ghan is at: Vicki's Comfortghan

Thank you to everyone who helped me to bring a little bit of happiness to two people going through hard times. Bless you all!

Archived