Where to put patterns

I’m not really looking for a pattern but wondering where you put yours.

I thought about putting them in a recipe box but I have a crochet in a box from lion brand and their cards are too big to fit in the box.

I thought Hallmark made a box to put your greeting cards in. (For those who buy cards ahead of time.) But now I can’t seem to find one.

I really would like something there I can put them in categories. Hats, Scarves, Blankets, so on and so on..

Any ideas what I could do? :think

I’m not really looking for a pattern but wondering where you put yours.

I thought about putting them in a recipe box but I have a crochet in a box from lion brand and their cards are too big to fit in the box.

I thought Hallmark made a box to put your greeting cards in. (For those who buy cards ahead of time.) But now I can’t seem to find one.

I really would like something there I can put them in categories. Hats, Scarves, Blankets, so on and so on..

Any ideas what I could do? :think

What I've done is go to Wal Mart or Office Depot and buy a large 3-ring binder and a box of top loading page protectors. You can slip your pattern in the page protector with keeps them neat, clean, and organized. you can write on them with white board markers (say to keep your place or mark a row) and then wipe clean when you are finished! If you want to get real fancy, create catergory dividers in Word, add tabbed dividers you buy from the above mentioned stores, get different colored binders for different types of projects, etc!

What I've done is go to Wal Mart or Office Depot and buy a large 3-ring binder and a box of top loading page protectors. You can slip your pattern in the page protector with keeps them neat, clean, and organized. you can write on them with white board markers (say to keep your place or mark a row) and then wipe clean when you are finished! If you want to get real fancy, create catergory dividers in Word, add tabbed dividers you buy from the above mentioned stores, get different colored binders for different types of projects, etc!

Gee, you must be my long lost twin! You do exactly what I do to keep my patterns :h5

If you have a three-hole punch, you don't need the page protectors for the patterns you print online. Also, the plain white notebooks sold for office use are cheaper than the ones sold for schoolkids. You can get those at Walmart, Costco, Staples, etc. Those notebooks also have clear sleeves on the front and spine where you can print and place a title for your notebook.

Divider tabs allow you to sort the patterns by type.

I have not organized all of mine yet but so far just keeping them in file folders. Once I have a bunch that I have downloaded I put them onto a cd too in case I have puter problems. I have way too many on my computer to print. So having them on cds is a big help. Yup I do put them together tho, hats, purses, potholders etc.

What I've done is go to Wal Mart or Office Depot and buy a large 3-ring binder and a box of top loading page protectors. You can slip your pattern in the page protector with keeps them neat, clean, and organized.

add tabbed dividers

That's what I do.

Yes I have a hole punch but it's better to put them in the protectors so the holes don't rip or things get spilled on them.

I do have a lot on computer and disks.

I print the patterns i want to keep and put them in a folder according to what they are such as afghans granny squares hats scarves shawls etc after losing track of a pattern i had been using for granny squares i now print them all out before that i made a special folder in my favorites for them hope this helps

Janny

I just spent three days reorganizing my mess of loose patterns. They are all now in sheet protectors and in binders. I have a binder for each subject as follows: Granny Squares, Afghans, Hats/Belts/Scarves, Purses/Bags/Totes, Kitchen & Bath, Baby Stuff, Dolls/Toys/Pet items.

Those are my main subjects, and I have one binder that is "other" for miscellaneous stuff that I'm not sure what to do with.

I find it so much easier to keep up with them this way.

My patterns are in 3 ring binders and one of those collapsable file folders. I tend to put the odd ball patterns in the collapsable since those are the patterns I'm not as likely to use and any that I really like or want to use go in one 3 ring binder and the rest are in another.

thats what I do to

That is exactly what I've done, too! Except I'm not organized enough to have tabbed dividers and such- mine are all just mish-mashed in there and I have to sort through them all until I find the pattern I'm looking for. But at least they are pate-protected! :hook

I have about 6 3 ring binders, then each binder is diveded more, but I'm obsessed with patterns I think, cuz my binders are too full and I still have more!!! :blush I think I may have to get a small filing cabinet thingy.

:heartI keep most of my patterns in my word file. The ones I use most often...I print and use the 3-hole punch and put them in a binder with dividers for catagories. The wrappers from yarn and the free sheets I pick-up at the store...I put in the clear protector sleeves. :heart

I just love patterns. I love looking at patterns, searching for patterns, reading patterns, dreaming about patterns, you get the idea. :eek

So... I have them everywhere. I do have binders & page protectors & folders & yes, even a filing thingy! I have key drives & hard drives & online storage. And sometimes at the end of the day, when the patterns are filed & put away, and the yarn is organized... :think... wait, I digress, we're not talking about yarn... I crochet. :clap

Happy :hook Everybody.

What I've done is go to Wal Mart or Office Depot and buy a large 3-ring binder and a box of top loading page protectors. You can slip your pattern in the page protector with keeps them neat, clean, and organized. ...

This is what I have done with my loose patterns. Its easy to look through and your patterns wont get ruined. My pattern books I keep in a box which I cut to look like one of those magazine holders. Keeps me organized.

Archived