2009 Weight Loss Afghan

Tia

i know i`ve sighned for this but didn`t show up

i just lost 1 kilo and planing on more

so i`ll start a scarb granny afghan i wanna lose 12 kilos as total and needs about maybe 36 squares to make 6×6 afghan with 12" squares

regular granny square with bright stash

so now i have to make my first 3 squares for the kilo i`ve lost :yes

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i know i`ve sighned for this but didn`t show up

i just lost 1 kilo and planing on more

so i`ll start a scarb granny afghan i wanna lose 12 kilos as total and needs about maybe 36 squares to make 6×6 afghan with 12" squares

regular granny square with bright stash

so now i have to make my first 3 squares for the kilo i`ve lost :yes

Yay! :yay That's great news. It was good to hear from you. Congratulations on the weight loss!

I've really got to get back to WW. I got burned out when the scale wouldn't move for me, and just stopped logging my food. I think I've been making pretty healthy choices, and working in the yard has given me more exercise lately, but I'm not quite ready to step back on the scale and start logging yet.

I haven't given up - I'll be back!

Don't get discouraged. keep working towards a healthier you, no matter what the scale says.

I have gained 1/2 pound each week for the last three weeks. I think I have to make a bigger effort to get exercise. I don't deal well with heat, and its warming up here, and I hate the indoor exercise stuff. I hardly ever watch tv, but I think I'm going to have to find a video to watch while on the elliptical.

In the meantime, I still need to finish three afghan squares to get caught up.

ok joining in, I just bought a bunch of RH sunshine print at Michael's (it was on clearance for 99 cents I couldn't pass it up LOL) and I need to do something with it so since I want to lose about 30 pounds and I'm working on the "couch to 5k" program I'm going to combine the two, though I have no idea what ghan to make yet, headed to the library soon maybe I'll find a book with some inspiration, or I'll take any ideas you have ladies I just don't do squares LOL too many ends to weave in. I have 14 skeins of the yarn so plenty to work with

ok joining in, I just bought a bunch of RH sunshine print at Michael's (it was on clearance for 99 cents I couldn't pass it up LOL) and I need to do something with it so since I want to lose about 30 pounds and I'm working on the "couch to 5k" program I'm going to combine the two, though I have no idea what ghan to make yet, headed to the library soon maybe I'll find a book with some inspiration, or I'll take any ideas you have ladies I just don't do squares LOL too many ends to weave in. I have 14 skeins of the yarn so plenty to work with

Ohh where in the C25K are you at?? I just did Week 2 Day 2 this morning :yes

Ohh where in the C25K are you at?? I just did Week 2 Day 2 this morning :yes

that's the one I did this morning too, I'm loving this program, oh and Tia I got info at http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml and I downloaded Robert Ullrey's podcasts from iTunes, he tells you exactly when to walk and when to run, it's so easy

that's the one I did this morning too, I'm loving this program, oh and Tia I got info at http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml and I downloaded Robert Ullrey's podcasts from iTunes, he tells you exactly when to walk and when to run, it's so easy

Cool!! Do you do your runs on Tuesday,Thursday and Saturday? That's when I do mine :D

Thanks for the info Kelly, very interesting idea! I sort of did a similar thing on my own with hiking. I went from a very slow (and flat) 1 mile hike to my last hike which was almost 8 miles of 'rollercoaster' terrain (think difficult).

Cool!! Do you do your runs on Tuesday,Thursday and Saturday? That's when I do mine :D

I'm actually going for every other day, it bothers me to take two days off LOL

I'm hoping to finish it before we go on vacation so I can just be doing the final runs while we're gone, but then again things get in the way, I was supposed to run yesterday but my hip and knee were bothering me so i waited til today. I'm planning on running Tues and Thurs during the week but we may have company overnight that will have me pushing it back to Fri (which might work better bc I'm going to need to run Sun bc Sat is our big neighborhood garage sale, too many cars and people to run then)

Good morning everyone. Did you all have a good weekend?

I got a lot of crocheting done. Dh and I saw the new Star Trek movie. We loved it! But I was incredibly bad with my eating. :P So it's back to being healthy today. :yes

I was hoping to eat healthy today:)...BUT, we had a cookout yesterday and we have a lot of burgers, hot dogs, BBQ ribs, potato salad, corn on the cob, watermelon,etc. left over and I CAN'T let it go to waste.:lol

Maybe by tomorrow there won't be so much left over and I can make healthier choices.:xfin

I'm up 4 lbs.....I guess the plateau is over.

I hope everyone has a good week.

Hi,

I would love to join. I am not sure yet what I could make, but I will decide by Sun. That is my weigh in day. I have a lot of weight to lose so it should be pretty easy to pick a project. Maybe make a gift for christmas or something.

Carla

Hi Carla,

Welcome to the crochet along. :welcome We need all the motivation we can get.

I know I need a kick in the pants:kick to get back on track with losing weight and working on my afghan.:crocheting

Feel free to share any words of wisdom.;)

Welcome Carla! :hug I have added you to the list. Can't wait to see what pattern you pick.

Hi' date='

I would love to join. I am not sure yet what I could make, but I will decide by Sun. That is my weigh in day. I have a lot of weight to lose so it should be pretty easy to pick a project. Maybe make a gift for christmas or something.

Carla[/quote']

I am going to be doing the Make a Joyful Noise quilt. 2 saltines for every 1lb lost. It will make a beautiful gift for my best friend' date=' Angel.[/quote']

Great choice! That's a lovely pattern. The afghan will be a gift for your friend, and the weight loss will be a gift to yourself! :cheer

I added your afghan choice to the list. Sounds pretty, can't wait to see a pic of it.

I am going to be doing the Make a Joyful Noise quilt. 2 saltines for every 1lb lost. It will make a beautiful gift for my best friend' date=' Angel.[/quote']

I'm right there with you Cindy. It feels ages since I lost weight and worked on my 'ghan. I feel like I'm back in my old rut of gaining and losing the same 5 lbs. over and over again.