2009 Weight Loss Afghan

Tia

I'm stuffed!

I just had a great lunch, so I thought I'd share....

1 pkg spaghetti shirataki noodles (8 oz) = 0 WW points

1/2 cup Classico Traditional Sweet Basil pasta sauce = 1 point

1 grilled chicken breast ( 4 1/8 oz) = 4 points

1 package Green Giant Healthy Vision Vegetables = 1 point

The whole lunch was only 6 points, and I'm stuffed! I had the chicken breast leftover from grilling dinner a couple nights ago, so it was a simple meal to fix, too. I was very hungry because I was out running errands and didn't get to eat until later than usual, but this meal filled me up completely! :cheer

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm going to have to look into those shiratake noodles!

I've been at a standstill for weeks now. Not losing, not gaining, not exercising. :(

Time to kick my bott in gear!

BUT, someone finally noticed I'd lost some weight. (I haven't told anyone, but hubby). :woo

Well, I am at a BIG standstill !!!

Long story short: Due to severe wrist pain I recently had an xray and mri and find there is an abnormality in a bone in my right wrist. I was put in a cast on Fri but hand and arm swelled so bad I had to cut it off.

Now I am in a non-removable brace that I am to think of as a cast. My right arm needs to be as immobile as possible for 1 month before going back to the Dr. As little movement as possible is on my plate now.

GUESS WHAT THAT MEANS ???? you are correct if you guessed NO CROCHETING. :angry:cry

I am going thru withdrawls already and it's only been a few days. :thair

I am uncomfortable, limited in activity and still in some discomfort/pain.

My other option is surgery which I chose to do only at the last resort.

I am still trying to lose weight and have no appetite right now, but the worst part is not being able to crochet. :(:sigh (haven't gone to the gym lately either) I am not really motivated right now.... a bit depressed.

I will still be a part of this group and hope that when I do get the ok to crochet I will have lots of rows to do for makeup. :lol:lol

Good luck to those still losing weight and keep the faith to those struggling. I'm there with ya.

Arlinka, that's terrible! I hope you recover quickly! Is this abnormality something you were born with, or is it due to an injury? BTW - I noticed your quote. I had to laugh, because I received an email with that in it the other day, and thought I should change my quote to that - but you beat me to it, so I'll just stick with the one I've got! :lol

Teresa, Congratulations that somebody noticed your loss! That's wonderful! Nobody has said anything about my loss yet. I went from a size 18 jean to 14 and nobody has noticed. :( I'm not going to stop, though. I'd like to be in a 12 for my birthday in May...that would be my present to myself! ;)

If anybody here likes Hungry Girl, they've got a book offer today. Here's the link: http://www.hungry-girl.com/genericpreview.php?newsletterid=1694

The book is only $10 through the Walmart purchase link (in the offer) and if you order 2, you'll get 2 dozen Vita-Tops. They're always raving about Vita-Tops, but I can't even get them here, so I'm going to do it. I can give the second book to my Aunt for her birthday in April. She's been trying to lose weight, too.

Edited by happy stitcher

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. Yes it is a birth defect that gave me a 3mm addition of bone to my wrists and because of it there is tearing and shredding in my wrist ligaments. (It is probably old age too, but the young Dr. doesn't want to say that.) :lol

The hardest part is not being able to crochet !!!! I am addicted to it and now am in a brace-cast. I have to keep my arm as immobile as possible. For one month no crochet !!!!! Then we will see. I can only use my fingers a little - enough to type and still go to work. Bummer.

Congrats to you Happy Stitcher!!!!! A tremendous loss!!!!! How wonderful to have to buy a smaller size in clothes. I'm sure that with the success you have accomplished it will be easy for you to get to the size you want by May. I am hoping to maintain the loss I have until I am motivated enough to go back to the gym. One challenge at a time.

Have a good day to all and keep up the good work !!!! :cheer

Hello everybody,

I just got back from Los Angeles. It was so fun! I went to extreme boot camp for two days with my friend. Phew, it was so tough but fun. I am going to check local boot camps soon. It's spring and weather became warm recently. Whoo, more outdoors activities!

I didn't check my scale yet. I will do it tomorrow. Let's hope for more weight loss. :xfin Something tell me that I hit a plateau with a lot of recent weight loss. A plateau is better than weight gain, right ?

Good grief... I still haven't been able to start my weight loss blanket... I really need to get moving with this. I have been maintaining but not losing. I really need to get going and cut back on my food and kick it up a notch at the gym.

Honest I will eventually get a square made... Maybe if I take the yarm out and put a skein by the computer and one inthe kitchen so I see them all the time and remind myself to quit. Maybe a skein tied to the fridge door?? :lol

Diane - welcome back! Sounds like you had lots of fun. Yes, a plateau is better than gaining. I was calling mine a standstill instead because I had stopped exercising and wasn't eating as well as I could. I think plateaus are normal and you should expect one every now and again. The trick is to not let them fool you into thinking you're not getting anywhere. Just keep plugging away, they don't last forever.

Karen - you're too funny. You could also take strands of yarn and tie them everywhere like on every kitchen cabinet knob! :laughroll

Well I finally kicked my bott in gear and lost one lb.! This means that I have lost a total of 40 lbs.!!! :yay:yay:yay

Only 65 lbs. to go, but I'd settle for 45 if I have to.

Tia- You started this thread to get you motivated to exercise and lose weight. I've gotta tell you. You have been my motivater. When I hit my standstill/plateau 3 weeks ago, I would have easily given up and gained the 10 lbs. back. But, you inspirational words that we need to keep plugging along and the plateau will not last forever keeps me going.

THANK YOU!!!!

Diane- You are a brave woman to go to a boot camp. I would be afraid to fall over from lack of energy or strength. It sounds like you had a GREAT time. You should be proud of yourself for doing it. Even if you didn't have a weight loss.

Congrats to all who are sticking with their goals....even if some are not seeing results, yet.

Well I finally kicked my bott in gear and lost one lb.! This means that I have lost a total of 40 lbs.!!! :yay:yay:yay

Only 65 lbs. to go, but I'd settle for 45 if I have to.

Congratulations! :jumpyay

You're doing great! 40 lbs gone! I've only lost 25 lbs so far. :sigh But it really helps to have this thread and the WW thread to turn to for support! :manyheart

I posted a recipe in the WW thread tonight for Stuffed Chicken Breasts. We all loved it, so I thought I'd share. If you want to see it, you can find it on this page of the WW thread: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1670154&posted=1#post1670154

Tia- You started this thread to get you motivated to exercise and lose weight. I've gotta tell you. You have been my motivater. When I hit my standstill/plateau 3 weeks ago, I would have easily given up and gained the 10 lbs. back. But, you inspirational words that we need to keep plugging along and the plateau will not last forever keeps me going.

THANK YOU!!!!

Awww...:hug...I'm glad this CAL has been a help to some...and to me too! It's amazing how much support helps. Wish we could all have a group hug.

Congratulations! :jumpyay

You're doing great! 40 lbs gone! I've only lost 25 lbs so far. :sigh But it really helps to have this thread and the WW thread to turn to for support! :manyheart

I posted a recipe in the WW thread tonight for Stuffed Chicken Breasts. We all loved it, so I thought I'd share. If you want to see it, you can find it on this page of the WW thread: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1670154&posted=1#post1670154

25 lbs. is awesome! :cheer I think you're doing great!

Thanks for the recipe, sounds delicious.

The main reason I enjoy the boot camp is it 's just an hour session. I don't know if I could do further. :lol

I check the scale, sure enough - I hit the plateau. It might be that I eat way less for a week.

Karen - I love the idea of a skein blocking the way of refridge door. It will be more easier to grab some yarn and crochet away instead of grab some food from the fridge. :yes

I just got back from a 6 1/2 mile hike! :faintWhew, I'm hurting! BUT I didn't need any help putting on my hiking boots. :clap Usually hubby would have to tie them for me, but I could do it myself this time! :cheer:cheer:cheer

Now for a shower and a hot meal.....

I had my weigh-in last Monday. I lost 4 more lbs! That makes it an even 20 for me! Woo-Hoo! Just what I needed! I have been doing strengh traing with Denise Austin. IT WORKS!!!! I encourage everyone to give her a try!

Tia, Good for you! I know how those accomplishments are so motivating! Keep it up!