2009 Weight Loss Afghan

Tia

Good to hear from you Selanda. :manyheart Congrats on the exercising, that's definitely a great start. In fact I think it's harder sometimes that trying to eat right.

We'd love to see some pics of your exercise 'ghan when you get a chance.

Happy working out and :crocheting.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dh and I wanted to go hiking today, but it was too cold and very windy. We might have been okay if not for the wind. And later we were very glad we didn't go when it started to rain. It's supposed to rain most of the weekend, so I guess I'll go back to my Dance Dance Revolution game.

I was doing good with eating today until dh and I found ourselves out at dinnertime, unexpectedly...and well...let's just say there were eggrolls.:blush And ice cream. And....:eek well, 'nough said. (burp:devil)

I was doing good with eating today until dh and I found ourselves out at dinnertime, unexpectedly...and well...let's just say there were eggrolls.:blush And ice cream. And....:eek well, 'nough said. (burp:devil)

:lol I can relate! I was very hungry for Mexican food all week, and finally decided to go to lunch yesterday. I did pretty good, though. Shrimp fajitas with corn tortillas - no rice or beans. The only bad thing was the chips, and I tried not to go crazy with them. So I left the restaurant feeling good. I'd satisfied my Mexican craving and didn't blow my diet....

Then DS came home from school saying the band was having a fundraiser at the local pizza place and that the band director was going to be there checking off names. Needless to say we supported the band last night and had pizza for dinnner. :sigh I did eat a large salad with mine, though, so that's good at least.

Today is supposed to be my weigh day, but I'm putting it off a day to let things settle! :lol

Well I feel that an occasional little splurge is okay. In fact they say that you should vary your caloric intake instead of eating the same amount of calories every day and that that can help prevent or break a plateau.

Even so, I'll be doing a lot of working out today! :elle

Yesterday must of been splurge day.:lol I received a phone call around 3:00 from DH that he was bringing chinese food home. I am not one to usually pass up a meal I DON"T have to cook.:D So, I did enjoy the fried rice, crab rangoons and won ton soup. :blush

Congrats to those that are caught up on your weight loss/ exercise afghans. I'm only half way done with what I should have done by now.:2eek

Off to the treadmill....:sweat

Edited by tmsmile

Well I feel that an occasional little splurge is okay. In fact they say that you should vary your caloric intake instead of eating the same amount of calories every day and that that can help prevent or break a plateau.

Oh, I agree completely. The trick is to keep a splurge down to one meal, instead of a whole day or more. I have trouble with that sometimes.

Oh, I agree completely. The trick is to keep a splurge down to one meal, instead of a whole day or more. I have trouble with that sometimes.

My issue with this is that its so easy to tell myself that I am a loser since I can't even stick to a diet properly and then just give up and eat anything you want. I try to keep my splurges to special occasions.

I've done better this week, both in terms of eating and in exercising. I am not stepping on the scale until tomorrow though.

Kelly, I guess it depends how hard you were stomping and how cold you were!:lol

I finally had a good week. I went for a walk 5 days, and the shortest walk was todays 25 minute one. It is snowing and drizzling at the same time, and my dd complained of the cold after 25 minutes. But best of all I finally lsot some weight, 3 pounds!!!!

So its back to the afghan finally!

Congratulations on your weight loss!! Don't you love seeing the scale go downwards?

My niece has been showing me up lately. She has dropped 25 pounds in 10 weeks by counting calories and measuring for portion control. She did say that for the first three days she was starving, but after that she did okay.

Part of her strategy is to select lower calorie meals because she gets more volume that way.

Congrats on everyone's weight losses! I seem to be stuck again as far as losing, but it's been nice to get back to hiking. It was too cold and windy today, but tomorrow is supposed to be light winds and up to 60 degrees, so we're hitting the trail!

We hiked 4 miles today on the Appalachian Trail, from Washington Monument State Park to I-70...all in MD. The monument was the 1st Washington Monument, built in the early 1800's (not the one in DC). You can go up the stairs inside it and look out into the valley bellow.

It was a little hazy today, but we still had some great views. From the Monument we hiked north on the trail to the parking lot just across I-70...there is a footbridge that crosses the interstate. We actually hiked a little passed the parking lot and then backtracked.

It was a beautiful day! Mostly sunny...upper 50's. We really wanted to hike today because it's supposed to rain the rest of the week. So we plan on working on our taxes the rest of the week. Ugh! :thumbdown

Tia, your hike sounds great. Hiking is one of my favorite ways to get exercise too, probably because I can always get dh or dd to go with me. Its been rainy here, so I haven't been out since Sunday, but I still lost another pound since then.

We STILL haven't touched our taxes this week. :blush Anybody else have the tax blues? Or have you finished them already?

In stead I've been working on building a kick spindle. Hubby's been a big help with figuring out some of the mechanics and hardware of it all. I can't wait to put it all together and give it a try...still need to purchase a couple parts though.

It's supposed to be sunny tomorrow, but there is a wind advisory...gusts up to 45 mph. So going hiking may be out. :( We'll stay home and pray a tree doesn't fall on the house.

We STILL haven't touched our taxes this week. :blush Anybody else have the tax blues? Or have you finished them already?

I'm definitely having the blues. I need to sort some papers and get them done this week. I heard there are no automatic extensions this year, so I really need to get moving. We used to get them done by a friend who did taxes on the side, but he's decided to stop that...and DH just found out. I can't do them...they confuse me terribly, and DH is really too busy. So I don't have a clue where I'm going to take them. The first step is to sort the papers and get it all together, though. I'm going to concentrate on that this weekend so that I can call around on Monday. Nothing like waiting to the last minute, is there? :P

Our taxes are filled out, ready to go....but we owe money, so we aren't in any rush to get them in the mail.

Now for the good news...I lost 2 more pounds this week. Unfortunately I didn't exercise as much as I had hoped to. I hate indoor exercise, but I like to walk, and hike, and since it was a rainy week here, I didn't get out much. It looks like it will be clear today though, so hopefully I will be able to get someone to go out in the woods with me.

Hi everyone- haven't been around in a long time. Went back to the Dr and was told another 4 wks immobilization for me. :( Still need to heal a lot more. Kind of a "funky" time for me. Hard to do anything with my left hand and I get frustrated. So many things I am not allowed to do too. The funny thing is that when I was well I made some pretty heart bookmarks. Now just about all I can do is read, so I am using one of them.

:lol

I haven't been able to do any crochet work and have not been going to the gym, but did manage to keep my weight gain down to 2 lbs. Believe me when I say it could have been a LOT worse.

Congrats to all those that have lost and are keeping up with it. It is so great to hear and such an inspiration for me at this time. :cheer

Since I am not allowed to crochet, I would LOVE to see some pictures of everyone's WIP - unfinished, partial, ANYTHING !!!!! I miss crocheting so much!! :)

Edited by Arlinka

I found that I'd gained a couple lbs. :( So I went for a hike today...6 1/2 miles. The 1st half was steep uphill and the 2nd half was all downhill. There was a great view from the top! A short climb up a rocky outcrop and you could see the valley below. Farmland, a few small housing developments and a pond. The eagles were circling above. It was mostly sunny, mid 50's. A perfect hiking day. :c9

I'm still here although I haven't posted and I haven't started my blankie... I really need to get back on track... I will be having abdominal surgery on June 30th and I would really like to be 30 pounds lighter by then - the less belly I have the easier the surgery and recuperation will be.

Let's hope that I can start my first square soon! I am using March 30 as my start weight and am now down 2.2 pounds :yes

Hi, Karen :hi. Congrats on the weight loss. Sorry to hear about your up-coming surgery. I wish you all the best in losing some weight beforehand. Keep in touch and let us know how it goes. :2hug

WTG Karen!!

I've lost 2 more pounds, and have managed tog et in three hours of exercise this week, so I am now several squares behind on my afghan.

Arlinka, I sure hope that these 4 weeks of doing nothing do the trick and you can crochet again after that.