2009 Weight Loss Afghan

Tia

Welcome back Renee! Yes, it seems we have our good days and bad days around here. :P

I myself seem to be yo-yo-ing lately. Losing and gaining the same 5 lbs. or so. And I don't seem to want to work on my weight loss and exercise 'ghans lately either. :think I'm sure I'll get back to them, just needed a break, I guess. As much as I've been hiking and exercising, I should be finished with my exercise 'ghan by now!

Right now I'm working on a scarf, a baby afghan, and a round granny afghan.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Everyone. Has anyone been working on their squares/rows? I really haven't looked at mine lately. I've been working on some Comfort Shawls for a few moms at my son's school.:(

How's the weight loss going? I'm maintaining...again.:eek Not exercising...but, eating pretty healthy. I did just eat a chocolate chip oatmeal cookie... :blushYummy!!!! Not the healthiest choice....but, it could have been a worse choice.;)

Have a great weekend.:D

I would like to join, I need to join. I have read a lot of the thread so I know what is going on. But I have a very slow dial-up, so I don't get on the internet very often.

I need to lose about 140 lbs. total. But right now I would be happy losing 50. After chemo put me into menopause I have a lot of trouble losing. I already had trouble losing with my underactive thyroid. And now my fat clothes are to small.

For years I have wanted to do this butterfly afghan that I think was at about.com. I would like to do the larger afghan with 35 squares. I'm thinking 1 square for every 1 lbs. I know that's not 50 lbs., but I figure if I finish it and I am still losing weight, then I can just do another afghan. And I need the extra motivation.

I don't have any specific yarn to use. I will probably take this opportunity to thin my yarn stash too. If I do buy any yarn it will be I Love This Yarn.

I was wondering do we also have to restrict other crocheting projects?

Welcome Tinamah! :hug

I have added you to the list for the Butterfly Afghan.

No, you don't have to put other projects on hold! I know I certainly haven't. A lot of us are also doing exercise 'ghans, so that is an option too. Pretty much, we all do it how it best fits us. So anything goes, really.

You can make an exercise 'ghan however you want really. Maybe do a square for every half hour you exercise....or a row for each mile you walk/bike, etc.....what ever works for you. I would pick a pattern that you have really been wanting to do. That will help motivate you.

Oh, and it doesn't have to be an afghan....make anything you want!

My first few days started out so good. I'm keeping a food diary, I weighed, I measured. No Junk food, only food from scratch, fruits, vegetables. I walk and worked in the garden and the yard(between all the rain). :clap And then I noticed my scale, the battery was going dead.:think I have had inaccurate readings. And my measuring is so slight a difference that it could just be me holding the tape a little tighter. :eekAnd then last night as we were going for our walk I twisted my ankle on a rock, fell down and skinned my knee bad. I have barely moved today, every muscle and bone hurts from that fall.:(

And my car is broke down. We're hoping the engine didn't go. I just keep thinking of that old comercial..Calgon take me away...

At least my dog didn't run away.:lol

How is everyone doing? I admit I haven't worked on my afghans in a while, though I still manage to exercise pretty regularly. But I haven't lost any weight in some time. I also admit to not really trying that hard lately either...it's been a rather emotionally trying year.

Well it first started last Oct., the economy hit DH's business hard (his side job) and he lost about half of that income. Then this Feb. he was laid off from his day job. Things looked up a bit when a friend gave him a part-time temporary job a couple weeks ago.

Then Friday I find out that one of our cats is in kidney failure. We've had to learn how to give him IV fluids every day. :( And there is the expense of medical supplies and special prescription food.

There is talk of DH's temporary job turning permanent, with a possible promotion. If any of you here are the praying type, we could sure use your prayers!!

I still plan on keeping up with this CAL, just wanted to let you all know why I may not be replying as much as I used to.

Hope every one has a great week!

Sorry to hear of your issues Tia, hope all works out with your dh's job. I haven't lost any weight recently, (I gained a pound over the past two weeks) and have been struggling with back pain again, so I haven't exercised much either. My afghan is at a standstill, but I still owe it a few squares for the weight I lost earlier. I'm busy with a few projects for others, and then I will get back to the afghan.

Well I haven't weighed myself in a couple weeks and it seems that I've gained four lbs. :(

I find it harder to eat healthy since dh was laid off. I seem to be eating more pasta and rice to save money. I guess it's time to double up on my exercising.

As my mother always tells me "watch your portions, it's all about portion control".

Which is good advice, but it doesn't help much when you are eating comfort food.

Try cooking rice and beans. I know I have seen recipes on the net. That way you are getting protein too. And the beans will help feel you up, plus they are cheap.

Do you measure? I have been eyeballing my food when I write it in my food diary.

But I think I'm going to have to get out the scale and the measureing cups. You would think that after 4 days I would have lost something, but I have gained a pound. I don't know if it is depression or menopause...

But every time I walk or exercise, I crochet one little square. And as soon as I have 836, I will crochet them together.

Hello Everyone,

Things for me have been S...L...O...W... I haven't worked on my afghan, I haven't worked out, I haven't been drinking much water,lately...:eek

No wonder I'm can't get the scale numbers to go down.:P

My goal for today is to drink 2 glasses of water before each meal....2 down and at least 4 more to go.:clap

Have a good, healthy day everyone.

I wish I could eat beans. Not only do I not like them much, but they don't like me either! :lol I eat a lot of boiled eggs and a few nuts.

My knee started hurting me a few days ago, so I haven't been able to exercise at all. :blush