2009 Weight Loss Afghan

Tia

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm down 2 1/2 lbs this week! That's really just two pounds less than I was on Feb 7, though - I got dragged by the wagon for a couple weeks when I hit a plateau, but I'm back on track now!

I really need to find some time to work on my weight loss ghan! So many projects, and so little time!!

Congrats to those who have lost! I'm already planning my next hike...hee, hee....and I'm still really sore. But I should be recovered enough by this weekend.

My last hike, before the day before yesterday, was the Friday after Thanksgiving. It feels so good to be on the trail again! I hike as much as I can in the spring before it gets too hot and buggy.

My blanket only have several tiles, not enough to have a photo taken. I hope to take a photo when I start the 2nd row - probably few weeks from now if things go in that direction. :)

Hubby and I just got back from a 4 mile hike. Beautiful day for it! Guess I need to get back to work on my exercise 'ghan. We MAY go for another hike tomorrow after church if we're not too tired.

Any chance I get but not near as often as I would like! It would be a lot more frequently if I had not promised my husband that I wouldn't hike alone.

I figure that any form of exercise that brings balance to your soul, like hiking does to mine, is definitely the best form of exercise!-:clap

On a positive note, I've dropped ten pounds since Christmas and have made significant progress on making the belly fat disappear. Eating the MUFA's really made a difference!

Now, if I could just bring myself to start on the afghan!

MUFA(?) Please explain. Thanks.

I actually will continue working on my afghan today. I was stuck at a 10 lb. loss for weeks. I actually am down 2 more pounds. FINALLY!!!

It's nice to read that everyone is seeing more results, lately. It must be the sunnier weather. People want to start moving and getting outside.

Congrats on all of the progress to get back on track.

MUFA stands for Mono Unsaturated Fatty Acids. That would be any food high in it like nuts, olives, etc.

I got the book Flat Belly Diet and while I am not doing the diet, I am taking their advice of having a MUFA with every meal. What I liked about the book is that it really explains things well and has a complete list of MUFAs with serving size and calorie count. They do have some great recipes as well.

I can send you the list if you would like.

I can send you the list if you would like.

That would be great. My goal this year was to lose 20 + pounds and to get my family eating healthier.

Any tips and healthy ideas I would love to have.

Thank you in advance.

We did a major overhaul on the way we eat about four years ago when DH had a heart attack. Wake up call for him! If it weren't for that he would have resisted any change to the way we eat. As it is, things that used to be a staple don't even make it into the grocery cart any more.

Things I Have Learned

Reading the labels is a real eye opener

They've come a long way in making fat-free, lowfat taste good

1% milk has exactly half of the fat as 2%

Quaker rice cakes chocolate flavor are REALLY good

The older I get, the closer to menopause, the less I can eat.

Dinner on a small plate really does look and feel like so much more

Eating something every three hours keeps me from pigging out

Climbing trees at 50 is fun!

Now, if I can just get rid of 30 more pounds, climbing trees would be even more fun!!

Congrats ajandbellasmom! :cheer

I did a 5 mile hike today. I used to not go by myself because I was scared to. But then I rarely got to go. So I got over being scared (mostly) by carrying a knife, pepper spray, cell phone (works in some areas), whistle and a BIG stick.

If I'm out hiking by myself, I keep the pepper spray in one pocket and the knife in the other and the whistle around my neck. If a male hiker(s) approaches I place my hand around the pepper spray and don't remove that hand from that pocket until they are well passed me. And I always tell my hubby where I'm going, when I'll be back and what I'm wearing and I call/email him when I'm back.

However, I don't think I'd go hiking in the Rockies by myself because of the grizzlies, mountain lions, etc. We don't have them around here. I've heard of black bears being sighted on the AT, but I've never seen one. I have seen a couple snakes though.

Hi all. I would like the MUFA list too if you don't mind. Also what is "Sassy Water"?

I am down another 5 pounds this week. A total of 25! I hope I can keep it up!

Hi all. I would like the MUFA list too if you don't mind. Also what is "Sassy Water"?

Yay! Way to go! :cheer:yay

Congrats ajandbellasmom! :cheer

I did a 5 mile hike today. I used to not go by myself because I was scared to. But then I rarely got to go. So I got over being scared (mostly) by carrying a knife, pepper spray, cell phone (works in some areas), whistle and a BIG stick.

If I'm out hiking by myself, I keep the pepper spray in one pocket and the knife in the other and the whistle around my neck. If a male hiker(s) approaches I place my hand around the pepper spray and don't remove that hand from that pocket until they are well passed me. And I always tell my hubby where I'm going, when I'll be back and what I'm wearing and I call/email him when I'm back.

However, I don't think I'd go hiking in the Rockies by myself because of the grizzlies, mountain lions, etc. We don't have them around here. I've heard of black bears being sighted on the AT, but I've never seen one. I have seen a couple snakes though.

I never go by myself. However, my dh doesn't mind going with me, and since he's self employed, he can just take an hour or two in the middle of the day. I am not up to a 5 mile hike though. I did 2 1/2 miles yesterday and a little more today. We live very close to three different trails. All are just short local trails, (the longest one is around 6 miles) and one is even paved, so as to be whelchair accessible. The only wheel chair I've seen though is on a trail that is quite rough.

Congratulations on the loss!!

Good Morning all!

I have not been around much. Weight loss is not going well but I am not giving up. Although the exercise part is going well so I guess I will be happy for that. Looks like by afghan will be more of an exercise ghan than weight loss.

Anyway I pray everyone has a blessed day!

P.S. Congrats to all that have lost!!!