2009 Weight Loss Afghan

Tia

Congratulations on the weight loss.

You need to do what will keep you happy. It sound like you are taking the first steps to take control of your life.

Hopefully, someday you and your mom can mend your relationship.

Best of Luck!

We woon't ever be able to mend our relationship. She has done to much damage to my life & to my husband's life.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:yayCongratulations Crystal :yay on the weight loss!! That's great.:yay

I'm sorry to hear about you and your mom though, that's sad. Will keep you in my prayers.

:waving Hi smith! :hi Good to hear from you, and welcome back. Several of us have started over this 1st of July. It might take us a few start-overs but we'll get there as long as we don't give up.

If we need to we can continue this CAL next year. :yes

Hello Everyone,

I have not posted here in a while but I have not given up the quest. I will try to start back posting at least once a week. I was going well and then fell off the wagon but I am back on and dow 3.8 lbs since last monday.

I look forward to getting reacquainted w/everyone here.

Hi Selanda, good to hear from you! :hug Congrats on your recent weight loss!! :yay:woo. That's about what I need to lose again to get back to where I was a couple months ago.

:waving Hi smith! :hi Good to hear from you, and welcome back. Several of us have started over this 1st of July. It might take us a few start-overs but we'll get there as long as we don't give up.

If we need to we can continue this CAL next year. :yes

:lol thanks for the welcome back..... I resisted the temptation to drop off at McD's after a long work day, I kept thinking nobody will know, it's a 45 minute drive, everything will be long gone by the time I get home

:lol thanks for the welcome back..... I resisted the temptation to drop off at McD's after a long work day, I kept thinking nobody will know, it's a 45 minute drive, everything will be long gone by the time I get home

Good for you! Resist those temptations! I used to do that when I was pregnant....I'd eat on the way home and then again when I got home. But remember - what they don't see you eat, they'll still see on your hips! ;)

I've had good days and bad days this week....but I'm trying, and that's the most important thing. I didn't get to eat lunch until 3:30 yesterday, so I wasn't hungry for dinner until almost 9:00. I just went to bed instead of eating. I'm trying to cut out carbs after 5:00 each day, and some days that's easier than others.

I've been thinking that I need to start riding my bike. I know the Dr said not to do anything that requires me to bend my knees a lot, but I'm just not going to lose the weight if my only exercise is crochet and occasional weed-pulling. Bike riding is less weight-bearing that walking, so I'll just have to do it and suffer the consequences. Besides....I'd rather not sit for the next 20 years and THEN get knee replacements. I figure I'd rather wear them out faster and move on with my life. I used to be a lot more active, and I'm only 41. I don't want to sit for the second half of my life. I used to go hiking, swimming, bike riding, and even take the occasional backpacking trip. Now I sit. I'm tired of sitting and I'm REALLY tired of being fat. So I'm off to ride my bike before it gets too hot today. I'm sure I'll pay for it, but I don't care anymore. :goodorbad

I did it! I rode my bike. Not for miles or anything - I'm guessing it was only about 1/2 a mile, but I need to start slow, so I'm happy with that! I used to be able to ride much further, and it's a bit frustrating to realize just how out of shape I am....but it was good to get my blood pumping and muscles moving for a little while. I'm going to try to get myself up to ride every morning before it gets too hot. My knees do hurt some, and I'm sure they'll be worse by the end of the day, but Oh Well. If I don't get active I'm going to lose the rest of my body. I really feel good! (other than my knees :P)

ETA: I just drove my car on the route that I rode this morning, and it was 1.2 miles! Wow! I'm so pleased with myself! Of course I'm already feeling it...I've already had to take some meds... but I think I'm just going to have to live with the knee pain. I'll stay on that route until it gets too easy for me and then I'll add some distance. Hopefully my knees won't become too much for me to deal with.

Edited by happy stitcher

Somehow I managed to lose almost 20 pounds since Christmas, but my niece is showing me up. For everyone who thinks they can't do it, let me tell you how she lost 45 pounds since January 10th!

Pilates tape and 30 minutes to 1 hour of walking three times a week. Keeping calories for the day between 1200 and 1800. Measuring her portions. If she makes a recipe and it says 4 servings, she divides it into 4 equal portions, eats one and uses the others for future meals. Uses Fitday.com for tracking food, inches lost and weight loss. Much more inspiring when you can see it on a graph where the line goes down, down down!! She measured several different locations and has lost over 54" combined. IT CAN BE DONE!! She was the ultimate couch potato/slacker and has loved how this has worked for her so much that she has made a lifestyle change. Did I mention that the clothes she has shrunk out of is the size I am heading into?? Hand-Me-Downs!! Now, if I can only find the "get off my butt" to start walking again, maybe I can drop a few more pounds. BEST WISHES TO EVERYONE WHO IS TRYING HARD!!

That being said, I am not happy with my afghan choice either. Time to look again.

:clap yea Happy Stitcher for the long bike ride!!! Can the MD give you an knee injection to help you along? MIL had one knee done and is getting some injection in her other one until she can take more time off. She says it works great.

kellie it sounds like your neice has the magic going for her!! She has done awesome!

I resisted McD's again and stopped by the store. I did not get my favorite chocolate bar....dove, extra creamy....OMG two days in a row on the ball? What is going on? :lol

Can the MD give you an knee injection to help you along? MIL had one knee done and is getting some injection in her other one until she can take more time off. She says it works great.

I got an injection a few months ago, but it didn't help enough to continue them. Evidently it helps some people more than others. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

I rode again this morning. It was definitely more difficult today! I'm glad I went, though. :yes

1.2 miles on a bike doesn't sound like much, and in fact, it really isn't....but considering the shape I'm in and how long it's been since I tried to exercise, I don't think it's bad. And if I can do that every morning, it'll be 8.4 miles a week. I need to build muscles, so I need to start slow, anyway.

Smith, congratulations on NOT buying that Dove bar! One day at a time, right? :)

Congrats to all who are doing so well! :cheer

Kellie - That's great you'll have hand-me downs. I'm actually really worried that if I lose any more weight, I won't have any thing to wear.

OH, I exercised today...I went mall walking!

Edited by Tia

Yesterday I added a little bit to my bike trip - just turned down a street that was one row past mine, and rode the length of it before going a little farther to mine, turning up the opposite end of my street than I usually turn....I'm not sure if I explained it well, but it comes out to about one more street length added to my travel.

This morning I rode that route and then this evening I was feeling restless, so I went out again and rode it again! Twice in one day! I'm feeling so proud of myself! Yes, my knees are bothering me. I'm taking meds, though, and just pushing through. It's so nice to get out again. I miss being more active. I was never into sports or anything, but I used to do a lot more than I've been doing the last few years.

Like I told DH - if I'm going to need knee replacements in 10 years after sitting on the couch for that long, I'd rather get out and be active and have them replaced a lot sooner. It's not like sitting is going to make them get better. I have one life, and I'm tired of sitting through it.

I have a private goal....one that DH doesn't have a clue about.....I want a kayak. I know I can't do it right now, but in a year or so, I hope to buy myself a kayak. The city park is straight down the road from my house. There's a boat launch. If I can get into good shape - enough so that I can handle a kayak - loading it into the truck, getting it in and out, etc. Then I'm going to try to get one. I can ride my bike to improve my lower body and cardiovascular system, and the kayak would improve my upper body and cardiovascular system. I love to kayak. I'd love to take one out two or three days a week and ride my bike the other two or three days. I just want a little kayak. I've had one in mind for years, and I'm going to start working toward that goal. :)

I've lost 1.8 pounds since last sunday. :yay I now have 4 extra squares to do! :cheer I still haven't worked on my 20 squares from last week :lol Now I have 24 squares I need to have done before next weekend. At least these squares will be a great project to work on when I am taking a break from my graphghan of my grandparents.

happy stitcher...I bet it feels sooo good to get outside bike riding. I have a bike I haven't ridden in years.

Crystal...Yay! :cheer:yay:jumpyayfor the weight loss.

I was BAAAADDD today you all....went to a potluck supper and ate WAAAAY too much. But until then I did great this week with my eating and exercising. I just hope I didn't undo it all. :blush

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

How are you doing with your weight loss? I'm still at 140-142 lbs. and I haven't worked on my afghan in ages. :eek

My goal was to be below 140 lbs. before going on vacation. I could possibly do it. :think I leave August 7.

I hope you are having a nice and healthy summer.:yes

Hi! Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I haven't lost anything lately. But I have been exercising. I am building something (ssshhh!! it's a secret, but it has to do with yarn and I'll post a pic when it's completed) So I've been sawing all morning - by hand! It's only 9:13 and I'm already exhausted. :out And I'm just now getting my :morcoffee

I believe you can meet your goal, you still have more than a week!

Hello,

How are you doing with your weight loss? I'm still at 140-142 lbs. and I haven't worked on my afghan in ages. :eek

My goal was to be below 140 lbs. before going on vacation. I could possibly do it. :think I leave August 7.

I hope you are having a nice and healthy summer.:yes

Edited by Tia

Tia-Now you've peaked my interest. I can't wait to see what you are building.

That is fantastic that you are regularly exercising. Bad me just ate 3 oreos...I gave my kids some oreos and milk and figured I should give myself some, too!!!!! I have to stop eating crap.

I'm going on the treadmill right now. It's raining pretty hard here.

ajandbella's mom, I think you can do it too.

Tia, I am also intrigued by your project. Looking forward to pics.

As for me, I have been totally off track, but I think I'm back on track now. I gained back nearly all the weight I lost, but I finally snapped out of my bad behaviour and eating habits, and I've lost 2 pounds since we got home from vacation last Saturday. (Of course I gained 2 pounds while we were gone.....)

Hello everyone. I know it was a while since I was in crochetville. :waving

I got out of the crochet mojo for so long. (personal reasons) I don't watch my weight either. I will start again next week. I will drop a post in this thread when I feel ready to start up my weight loss plan.

Hi Diane :hi,good to hear from you. We'd love to have you join in any time you wish. I've taken a couple breaks myself.

Thanks for dropping by.

Hello everyone. I know it was a while since I was in crochetville. :waving

I got out of the crochet mojo for so long. (personal reasons) I don't watch my weight either. I will start again next week. I will drop a post in this thread when I feel ready to start up my weight loss plan.