Christmas 2009?!

a_stitchintime

All I can say is taht I have been bad bad bad. I haven't done anything!! I don't even know what to do anymore, my list keeps changing and now you posted that dreadful number:eek OK, can we do this again next year? I promise I'll be good:devil

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why wait until next year? We'll be here to provide moral support and encouragement if you still want to crochet some stuff. No one says ALL of your list has to be done.

I agree with you on that. I haven't done very well this year but there's always next year to try try again

Why wait until next year? We'll be here to provide moral support and encouragement if you still want to crochet some stuff. No one says ALL of your list has to be done.

I'm gonna try! I just know that I won't get any afghans done, but I can do lots of the small stuff! I think tonight I'm gonna work on my brothers gfs gifts cuz I know just what to make for her! The only hard thing will be not giving them to her!!:lol Thanks for the encouragement Kellie!!:hug

RaggedyAnn - you are a :ctree:birthday girl?! that is sooo cool!

For those who are done: :nworthy... for those who are pluggin' away::clap, and for those who are getting stressed: :hug(I comisserate fer shure:blush)

I am determined though, that my family will get :crocheting gifts from me, even if they are not what I had originally planned.... I will be here :cheer, or :kick, or :fire for you all, too:devil

We CAN do it!!!!:yay

... and :yes, I think a Christmas 2010 is definitely in! I will start it on December 26th, 2009!

I just wrote out my Christmas list (who I'm giving to), spread out the gifts that are ready and got an eye opener!:eek

For being so far ahead in April, I'm so far behind in October!!

Let's see. Comfort Packs, tissue holders, beanies, more slippers, snowflake garland......................better get going fast!:crocheting

well I'm not too far ahead going to work on the washcloths for youngest daughter and work on the lamb for the older daughter plus I still need to get the blanket done. I'll work on next year's list after Christmas not sure since my family does give to everyone anymore

DH came back from Phiily with Ice scrapers.

But I think the ones he bought are too big and too long to work! :(

I don't have the heart to tell him.

What a good guy. He tried to get the right thing, but it's hard to get the right thing if you're not really sure what you need in the first place. Gotta give him an A for trying. Hope he got the right ones, but if after you look at what you have & you don't think they'll work, I'll get some for you & send them down. Just let me know.

I am working on my last afghan, it's a giant solid granny for my BIL, then I need to make a kitty hat and see where I go from there.

I know it's early but my mom and her DH in Washington State got thier gifts and love them, my mom has requested a couple of the rasta hats for herself as they are very warm and comfy.

Last yr I made alot of potholders not sure what I'll do this yr maybe more potholders as you can't have too many of those.

I just finished the cross prayer shawl from the 2009 crochet a pattern a day calendar for my Grandma. I changed the edging because I am on a yarn buying strike and ran out of the color I was using.

post-6187-135897468612_thumb.jpg

I finally got around to checking out the ice scrapers to see if they work with the mitts I already made. They are a bit long but still usable so I will just use those.

Now I hope the mitts will be big enough to fit the men's hands! (always something!!!).

I am sure if the scrapers are too long that my brother and nephew have smaller scrapers around somewhere! Everyone in New Englad does right?

I actually dug around in my dad's stuff in my garage and found ... an ice scraper! so I have an extra!!!

I'm still lurking :lurk but I haven't had anything to contribute lately, so I haven't said anything....

I found something today, though, that sounded like a good idea to share with you all for a Christmas idea:

You know how Target and some other retailers always have pretty knit (and sometimes even crochet!) gloves and hats for the holidays? It would be really simple to take one of those sets and add your own embellishments. Like a trim in Red Heart's Light and Lofty, for example. I found the idea on a package of Bernat's Ping Pong. Just edge some gloves from the store, and make them better.

I've put fun fur edging on sweaters before, but never really considered adding a cuff to gloves. Just thought I'd pass that along!! :santa

Trimming gloves and fuzzy socks are quick and fun!

I use FunFur or Bernat Boa for mine, and a B hook which you insert directly into the material you are attaching to...

If you trim the gloves, do it at the edge where the cuff meets the glove, that way the trim doesn't get lost inside your coat;)

Archived