Christmas 2009?!

a_stitchintime

no I can honestly say I don't feel ready for the holidays still have my middle daughter's blanket to finish only 9 inches to go at least I hope to do it that way I want to make sure it'll grow with her so I trying to shoot for between 60-65 inches not sure if it'll be enough what do you all think is a good size blanket for an 8 year old?

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply
no I can honestly say I don't feel ready for the holidays still have my middle daughter's blanket to finish only 9 inches to go at least I hope to do it that way I want to make sure it'll grow with her so I trying to shoot for between 60-65 inches not sure if it'll be enough what do you all think is a good size blanket for an 8 year old?

I made a 'ghan for my 8 y/o son, and it was 60". I just wanted it to cover the top of his bed, not counting the "pillow's space", if you know what I mean.

:clover with your DD's 'ghan! :cheer:cheer You can do it!!!:cheer:cheer

Here is my snuggie I have to weave in my ends and take pics of the finished item. This went way fast.

[ATTACH]12743[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12745[/ATTACH]

Love this snuggy!!!! It is so FESTIVE! Way cool:yes

I just took inventory at "the WorkShop":eek

:yes This :santa is gonna be reeeaaalyy busy:

1. finish DS flannelghan

2. make flannelghan for BIL

3. finish sis' sunflower 'ghan

4. hat, scarf, and fingerless gloves for DD1

5. gift for MIL

6. 2 teacher scarves

7. scarf for DH

8. gifts for Mom

Yeah, baby... it's CRUNCH time!

I just did the same to see what was left - I'll get there. Just a few small projects left but I have to start decorating & wrapping too... What's left on my list - a pair of slippers, a guy's hat, a beret, (2 if there's time but I already have a pair of mitts done for her). I have to finish DD's purse & line it, plus line 2 more purses. A few other odds & ends as well, kitty & dog toys, gift card holders, but I can make these in about an hour or so each. It will get done. DH is being so helpful too. We sit on the couch at night "watching" TV & he pulls more yarn from the skein when I need it. That way he can say that he helped too. What a guy, huh. lol

thanks trying I think I will attempt to do some more of it though only for a half hour almost done with it about 7 and a half inches to go.

Can I start on Christmas 2010 if I'm not done with Christmas 2009??:think

Well, earlier I thought that if I didn't finish in time, I'd just get them a gift card for this year & finish whatever it was for a gift in 2010. I think I'll finish this year but a few things may not get done though...like the housework! lol

Lori - I thought December 26th was for housework, and signing into the Christmas2010 CAL! :rofl...

:clover Girls... :cheerWE CAN DO IT!!!:cheer

...and just think of how happy our checkbooks will be that we did!:devil:lol

:hug

HELP!!! I can't think of anything for people... :( My sister knits/crochets too, so... Last year I made fingerless gloves for most everyone, and she's making scarves for everyone... I hate to make hats because we don't get that cold here... No time for blankets..... I've also made soap savers/cell phone holders, and heated neck wraps... :( What else is there??? Something small, no afghans, there's no time!! Any ideas, please PM me. Plus, we are completely broke, but I happen to have a lot of various types of yarn. Oish... :(

Victoria

Well I have about an inch and a half to go on the blanket then I will work on the border of it next. Now here's a little good news Santa Claus is almost done the only thing left to do is put his eyes on him. And now that I'm completing these projects I will be in for next year again this is one of the cals I will do again.

fc1123~ way to go! You are almost there.

I'm just working on some ornaments for my sister. She just made this request to me. She has a cat that is breaking all of hers, so she wants some soft ones homemade by me.

HELP!!! I can't think of anything for people... :( My sister knits/crochets too, so... Last year I made fingerless gloves for most everyone, and she's making scarves for everyone... I hate to make hats because we don't get that cold here... No time for blankets..... I've also made soap savers/cell phone holders, and heated neck wraps... :( What else is there??? Something small, no afghans, there's no time!! Any ideas, please PM me. Plus, we are completely broke, but I happen to have a lot of various types of yarn. Oish... :(

Victoria

An ornament, coasters, flowers, coffee cup/bottle cozies, water bottle holder, bookmarks, card case, shower puff, eyeglass holder, tissue holder, belts, baskets, pot holders/hotpads, dishtowel, towel toppers, slippers, ok, I'm done. :D

well still awake that's besides the point I have almost finished the blanket now all I need to do is add the border might have that done tomorrow depending upon my wrist we shall see

Archived