Christmas 2009?!

a_stitchintime

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah Grammy I agree with the other poster can't we all come play at your house? My fiance always seems in a hurry to get rid of me so I could always use a friend to visit.

yikes and I'm still not even finished with Christmas presents for my girls I'm not sure if I will work on Christmas gifts next year who knows I always seem to get stressed and distracted

I know how you feel. In April I was feeling way ahead of the game but now I am so bloody behind! It doesn't help that I am trying to have all the gifts for my siblings ready to give them when everyone is in town for Grandma's 95th birthday. Is it worth it just to save on postage??

I know how you feel. In April I was feeling way ahead of the game but now I am so bloody behind! It doesn't help that I am trying to have all the gifts for my siblings ready to give them when everyone is in town for Grandma's 95th birthday. Is it worth it just to save on postage??

Wow my one grandma turned 90 this past September and your grandma will be 95 it's just amazing what they probably have had to live through. I visited my grandma in the nursing home about 3 or 4 weeks ago and I told her I talked to one of the cousins on the internet and she thought I talked to them on the phone and I said no I talked to them on the computer. Lol

The amazing thing to me about my Grandma is that she lived with secondhand smoke for sixty years and is still living to a ripe old age.

Christmas crochet goals for this week.

Finish Tom's scarf

Fun fur slippers for Tasha

Wrist warmers for Alexandra and Grayson

:hook:crocheting:hook Here I go.

OK, Now I need some support! Please tell me my gifts are good enough on their own! I am second guessing myself and fell like I should add some gift cards to go with them.

(of course that defeats the purpose of making gifts in the first place!)

Oh I know how that goes. I do that every year I make gifts that is why I didn't for 2008 only to see disappointed faces. lol

Try that one year then you well know who really likes the crochet gift.

My sister-in-law grabbed my Dirty Santa package all eyes alight saying "oh I know this is something nice and homemade." But it wasn't and I felt bad.

My sister request stuff so I know she likes it.

I even got a call from my nephew a couple months later telling me about complements he got for a scarf set I made him that year. He was about 13 and you know kids don't normally do that. He requested something red, white and blue this year or camofloug(sp).

My Dad on the other had has more money they he can spend these days and never needs or wants anything. So I just make him what I want him to have. lol

RatDog - don't be so hard on yourself! You have made some WONDERFUL gifts!

Angie - You're right... there are folks in my life who have come to expect the homemades from me, and are always disappointed if I don't deliver.

fc1123 - you are too funny! don't get stressed out, kid! You can do it... one project at a time!

KellieD - when is your visit with your grandma?

Grammy - How was your :c9:crocheting weekend?

crzy4crochet - Man! can I relate to your post! I have had to put away everything except what's being given this year. I DO have a notebook on my side table, though, titled: "to start thinking about on December 26!"

That way, I won't forget about all of these "great ideas"!:lol

Happy Stitcher - team logo'd flannel is a GREAT idea!

:hi:waving:hi to the rest of my fellow :ctree:gift :crochetingers!!

May your day be healthy, happy, and hook-filled! (3 H's to go with Aphelia's 3 C's:clap) does life get any better than this?! :no way!

:ghug

(I have 9 gifts to go, and 37 days to get them done.:blush I can do it, right?)

We can all do it! Just don't keep adding to your list like I am. :lol But, if I don't finish it all, I can look at it as a jumpstart to next year. If I don't finish the special gift(s) I started at the last minute, there's always the impersonal gift card - in a little crocheted case. :hook

I am so far away from the list I had planned, it isn't even funny! I keep making different things and tell myself it is a Christmas gift for somebody.:think I will end up with something for everyone. I'm just not sure what yet.:crocheting:yes:yay

I finally finished off 2 skeins I've been working on for a while so +4 more this week :yay I'm almost to positive on my YTD now but my Mom just informed me tonight that she sent some yarn to me today and has more for me yet that she couldn't get into the box. :sigh oh well what a problem to have :lol

WTD +5

I'm right there with you I'm falling behind,too. The most I've got almost finished is a santa claus for my youngest daughter and one washcloth done for her. Other than that I still don't have the other two daughter's Christmas presents finished.

...I have been a busy :bee and haven't been posting for a few days...

I just wanted to drop by quick, and wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving:ttalk. I hope you get to relax, and enjoy all of the blessings that we remember on this day.

Oh, and P.S. There are 30 days left to Christmas EVE! :cheer:jumpyay:yay

:bump:bump:bump

Tomorrow is.... DECEMBER 1ST!!!!:eek:eek:eek

...are YOU ready for :ctree?

I am officially lighting a :fire under my seat, and giving it a :kick to complete what needs to be finished in time...

...who's with me?:devil

this is gonna be fun!:yes:yay

Archived