Christmas 2009?!

a_stitchintime

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fuzzy slippers!! They turnes out soooo nice and soft. You can match it with another yarn, and it won't be as bad to crochet. ;)

How many gifts do you want to get out of them? What color(s) do you have?

some other ideas:

scarves (with a strand of ww like Caron SS)

pillows (with a strand of ww like RHSS or a bulky weight)

a rug (comes out really plush. work with a strand of wool, and "felt" it)

trim on some magic gloves, or socks

earrings

embellish some ornaments from the Dollar store

trim on :crocheting Christmas stockings...

good luck, and have "Fun"! Let us know what you did;)

What great ideas you've both given me! I can't wait to get started!:hook

I picked these up at the Dollar Store. They were the last ones left so had gotten snarled. I know there are seven full skeins and almost two skeins in the snarl and got it all for roughly 75 cents a skein!:eek Really pretty fun fur stripe with blue, lavender, red, pink. It should work well with several colors.

Everybody is really getting a lot done. I've been MIA for a while to get a swap finished up. Also been sick with Flu and a lot of other stuff going on.

I'm finishing up the Monet Pineapple. Finally. :whewThis seems to have taken forever. Of course all the afghans I do feel that way by time I get to the end. It is all joined and I am working on the border. That's taking a while, it's a big afghan.

Once that's done I can get back to the Cardigan. The fronts and back are joined and I need to work on the sleeves. I decided to try crocheting them on instead of doing separate sleeves. I hate joining seams. I have one started and now I have to see if I can remember what I was doing.

1. Flower Patch Afghan for friend Gretchen (35 of 35 squares Done).

2. Lots of those Ice Scraper Mitts. (2 3 done) It gets cold here in Central PA and we always have a lot of ice. These will be great gifts.

3. Cardigan for my stepdaughter Chrissy. Found a pattern. already have yarn.

4. Monet Pineapple afghan for neighbor Greta (24 of 24 squares done).

5. 2-Strander for friends in North Dakota. Gets cold out there

2 days to go on my flannelghan for a charity benefit, then it's :ctree:gift time for me!:clap

I can't even believe how quickly 2009 has gone by:eek

Here's my :? to you all....

do you want a separate thread for Christmas 2010, or do we want to keep this one?

wishing you all a productive day...I'll be here till Decmeber 24th:lol... who's with me?

I made these gift bags for my niece and nephew. They are really hard to shop for because I don't see them very often. I am going to fill them with goodies and a gift card. The pattern was from Crochet World December 2009.

post-6187-13589747214_thumb.jpg

A new thread for 2010! Sounds like a great idea!

Does anyone know what ever happened to the threads for each quarter?

I think the "In (Month) I Will...." threads sort of overshadowed the quarterly threads.

Yeah I agree with you I believe that when the In (month) I will did overshadowed it so now it probably is on page 3 or so I tried to start it up again

Oooooooooohhhh.....take a look at what I just came across online!!!!

Berroco Plaid Blanket Shrug

I love it! And it would be so quick to work up for a gift! :woo:clap:yes

I thought you all might like to see it in case you want to make it for Christmas.

I linked to the enlarged picture, so click on "return to pattern instructions" at the top to go to the pattern.

Ok here is my plan for the weekend because I have not even started on any thing for Christmas yet. I taking this whole weekend and going to get busy crocheting for Christmas. I have 6 project all ready to work on. The yarn the hooks and pattern all laid out. I have snacks all stocked up on, Crackers, cheese, dip. grapes, popcorn,muffins, and of course chocolate. Plus I have potato soup in the crockpot and breadsticks to pop in the oven, I have some Christmas Dvd all line up to watch. My son has to work a spilt shift today so I willn't have him to bug me.So now on to get started. Let the crocheting begin.

I was thinking about that shrug pattern I just linked a couple posts back. You know what would be cute? Use fleece in a sports team pattern. It could be made a little longer than what the pattern calls for, since there wouldn't be fringe. That would be perfect for a football fan to wear to games! :cheer

Archived