Christmas 2009?!

a_stitchintime

i havent been here lately, i am almost finished with the blanket for my sister i have 2 rounds to go. i have my daughters started and i have 2/9 of the ami nativity done for my niece....I finished my MIL's scarf. ugh time is running out to fast

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once I wake up some more I plan on weaving all my ends and taking pics of all the stuff I have here for Christmas presents. A few were given already and I forgot to take pics.

those are so pretty well didn't do too much work on presents yet taking a little break from it will probably sew the eyes later in the week since here in Michigan they are predicting a snowstorm so don't feel like going out in it just to get eyes for Santa.

Well almost done I have the bear pieced together now all I have to do is put the eyes on the bear and still have to sew the head to Santa Claus and put the eyes on,too.

Am I strange? I was just sitting here taking a break from making presents, wrapping, decorating & what was I doing? Sure wasn't figuring out what I still need to get or what to have for the holiday dinner. Nope, I was planning what I want to make for gifts for next year. I even printed off some of the patterns I want to use & I've started a folder. I guess that means I'm in for Christmas 2010 CAL! lol busy...busy...busy

Am I strange? I was just sitting here taking a break from making presents, wrapping, decorating & what was I doing? Sure wasn't figuring out what I still need to get or what to have for the holiday dinner. Nope, I was planning what I want to make for gifts for next year. I even printed off some of the patterns I want to use & I've started a folder. I guess that means I'm in for Christmas 2010 CAL! lol busy...busy...busy

Wow I'm impressed with your organization for next year can you pass some of that my way almost done with some of my Christmas gifts still need to get Santa done and put eyes on the bear then I'm done with that and then on to the lamb then I should be all done with Christmas presents and caught up then after Christmas then I will think about next year.

:hi, all!

It is so nice to see that we will all be re-convening on Dec. 26th for next year!!!! :lol

I have only a few gifts left to do. shouldn't be a problem, as long as I don't get sidetracked:devil My family will be having our get-together on Jan. 2, so I have extra time for their gifts, if I need it.

I hope that you are well, and that you are having lots of fun!

:hug to you all!

I'm thinking about next year too. My neice got an American Girl doll for her birthday so she will get some new doll clothes for Christmas 2010! I think my other niece will get a mani/pedi kit with pedicure socks and manicure gloves

Well I'm in for next year because without this group I don't think I would have gotten any Christmas presents done and it's nice to have people to keep me on track and cheering for me.

Well I'm in for next year because without this group I don't think I would have gotten any Christmas presents done and it's nice to have people to keep me on track and cheering for me.

Yep. I feel the same way. Even though I didn't post regularly, I set this thread to email me daily with updates. So I was getting regular reminders to keep at it, even if I didn't always chip in my 2 cents.

I didn't get nearly the things done that I had planned, but that's OK. As long as I finish the afghan in time to mail it to my grandmother I'll be fine. I'll try to be more realistic with my goals for next Christmas. :yes

:ctree

What a great idea, ratdog!

I got the scarf finished and wrapped. I'll start perusing patterns seriously for next year's gifts. I would really rather make gifts than buy them which is a greater commitment of time, but worth it. my niece is still wearing daily a scarf I made for her seven years ago!:eek

Well I'll try working on my crochet today didn't sleep well last night because my tummy was queasy and then I had to go to the bathroom and then earlier this morning threw up I got really really hot so I had to take my shirt off granted I'm still queasy not sure what happened though the last couple of days I have gotten a box of Chicken Wings from Alidi's so maybe that could have done it other than that I can still move.

I am hoping that everyone I made my gifts for will like them. I need to figure out what I am making for ppl next yr and get started earlier. I may do pot holders and a couple afghans not sure yet. Eventually everyone in the family will have an afghan made by me :cheer I may try my hand at stuffed toys for the kids are dresses for dolls for the kids next yr.

:waving... here I am... still pluggin away at Christmas 2009 gifts!:lol

...anyone else out there not yet done, and in need of some :cheer:cheer for the next 7 days?:devil

I will be putting up the 2010 thread up soon.... stay on the lookout for it!

Here's hoping that everyone is having a happy, productive, peaceful and healthy day:rainbow:c9

Hey ladies! Thank you to LeaAnne for bringing this post to my attention :) I would like to join you all for the final mad days. :lol I have a baby afghan to finish and about four washclothes to finish. The clothes don't need to be done untill new years.

My plan to get this done is to do two inches on the baby blanket a day. At the moment, and with this plan I should finish that in about a week. Then I need to knit like mad to finishe the clothes. :rofl

:clap woop! Woop! I am sooo happy that I will have some company for the last blast! :manyheart

what do I have left to :crocheting in the next week?

well... finish a flannelghan, make 2 teacher gifts, and if I am lucky, a scarf for DH. Oh! and a tissue box cover for my mom.

The week after Christmas, I have to finish an afghan for my sister. It is sunflowers, and is my own design;)

My DH is on vacation as of tomorrow night, until January. Friday, we start (and hopefully finish) our shopping:blush

I am so in trouble. After figureing out yesterday what I really need to get done each day to finish this stuff in time, I then did almost no crocheting yesterday!! I will try and catch up but I seriously am having my doubts now. :yes

Archived