Turn of the Century - THUMBS UP!

Miss Crochet

I ordered Turn of the Century hooks for myself (well, present from husband, actually) and my sister for Christmas. I had to post here to give a resounding thumbs-up to Bill from TotC: not only are his hooks just beautiful, they are reasonably priced (and, honestly, I would gladly pay to support fine craftsmanship), he is lovely to deal with and offers a great service. I ordered them a week ago and they landed in my postbox - in GERMANY! - today.

If you are looking for a present for a fellow crafter, if you want to treat yourself, if you'd like a RAOK idea that will be loved and appreciated by another Viller, just check out his website and DROOL... (And yes, the hardest part in the whole transaction was actually picking out the hook. The photos do not do them justice, they're so pretty.)

http://www.turn-of-the-century.com/hooks.htm

:clap

I got a P hook from him ages ago, when I could not find any P hooks in our stores that weren't plastic (I abhor plastic hooks). He did a wonderful job...I'd recommend his hooks to anyone! :cheer

I hope that people ho are writing the praises of T-O-C in this thread are also passing the appreciation on to Bill. His e-mail is on the website.

I am hoping for aset of these hooks for Christmas (as everyone already knows!!!) I am also pleased to support a Made in USA small business craft. [that is not meant to offend our ville members from around the world it is only meant as support for our homegrown talent]

I hope that people ho are writing the praises of T-O-C in this thread are also passing the appreciation on to Bill. His e-mail is on the website.

When I originally posted I sent him the link to this thread. Praise where praise is due, that's what I think. I have no compunction about **singing** his praises!!

• 1 month later...

Well, you could get someone to get you one (or, frankly, get yourself one) for Valentine's Day :) A whole set is lovely, but buy one in the size you use most often and save buying the rest for when you have a bit of money.

I consider them an investment. I use at least one every single day. Plus, $14 for a hook, spread over the next 10-20 years is actually very little. :D (wow, I should work in sales, eh? :lol )

In any case, I personally - this is only a personal opinion and I don't mean to make anyone feel bad because I'm lucky enough to be in a position to be able to do so - am trying to spend less on mass-produced stuff, going without some things in order to be able to support small businesses and, where possible, local businesses. I think Bill Schmidt does lovely work and he's built up a nice little business over the past few decades, so I don't mind pinching the pennies and ordering hooks from him. His work is worth it!

• 3 weeks later...

I just recieved my Afghan hook yesterday. Bill's artistry is fantastic. The web site conveys some of how beautiful the hooks are, but when you get them in your hands they are devine !! :bow:jumpyay:jumpyay:wooI think that says it all. :D

:yarn:mug:cat:yarn

I just got my set of hooks in the mail yesterday afternoon!! :clap:clap:clap I can't say enough about the great customer service, excellent hooks, and FAST shipping!! Turn of the Century is by far the best there is!! :manyheart

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just can't say enough about Turn-of-the-Century...Bill is great! Since I've been doing more tunisian and double crocheting, I just ordered K and N Double Crochet hooks from him. I can't wait for them to arrive!

I'm with you Pam, I just ordered a 10mm afghan and an H hook. I can't wait to see the knob on the afghan. I left the style up to Bill this time. :D

:mug:cat:yarn

Well you want to talk about speedy. I confirmed my order on monday 6/1/09, Bill shipped them out on 6/3/09, I recieved the box on friday 6/5/09. Talk about awesome - he had to make the 10mm "P" hook. :clap The hooks are beautiful. I have already made a Scrap-A-Nator and 2 squares in my Calender-ghan. Here are some pictures of the hooks.

post-22215-135897414323_thumb.jpg

:mug:cat:yarn

post-22215-135897414317_thumb.jpg

post-22215-13589741432_thumb.jpg

Archived