Turn of the Century - THUMBS UP!

Miss Crochet

Oh wow. these are amazing! I've got to get some work sold so I can buy some!

Yep Yep! If you really want to drool go to Turn-of-the-Century.com . I leave my wish list near the computer so my husband can see it. :lol The pictures are really true, but you can't get the feel of how delicate the hooks are. The "H" hook is about 8" long, here are some pictures of it in my hand.

post-22215-135897414365_thumb.jpg

:mug:cat:yarn

post-22215-135897414362_thumb.jpg

I think I'm going to try one. I sent Bill an e-mail this morning to see if the one I prefer is still in stock. I'm going to try an "H" as that is my favorite size hook. I'll post back one I receive it! :-)

Well, I'm just a big fan. I love my hooks and I use them daily... I have long fingers and long hands, so I love a longer hook. I normally use Boye hooks, so the shape of the hook heads really suited my style of crocheting.

I can only echo what the others said about shipping and service. I live in Germany but the hooks arrived super-quick and in perfect condition, wrapped really well. I ordered two for my sister for Christmas and she's already booked another two for Xmas 2009. Bill is a lovely man and he does excellent work.

Received my TOTC hook in the mail today! :clap I've placed it next to a Boye and a Bates hook. It's shaped more like the Bates and I prefer Boye, so it's going to take a little while to get used to. The hook is beautiful and very lightweight. I have to say TOTC's customer service was excellent; he replied quickly to my e-mail, I paid by PayPal on the 8th and got my hook today! :yes

post-28160-135897414966_thumb.jpg

Oooooh Miss Crochet they look gorgeous. Glad you like them. I havent tried any of those hooks but after looking at the site I am sorely tempted. Health to enjoy crocheting with them and can't wait to see your work when you have completed it!

Karen, they're really lovely. And I know it sounds a bit stupid, but it gives me such pleasure to crochet with them - they're so pretty and sit so well in my hand. I think they're the kind of thing that you have forever, that you'd take care of for decades.

If you use the standard British/Irish hooks (the Prym/Aero ones), you'll love them. I think people who like the Susan Bates hooks will find them hard to adjust to because these are more like the Boye-style hooks.

• 2 months later...

I just ordered two MORE (a "Q" and "S") Turn of the Century Hooks. I was fortunate enought to get a set for Christmas and just fell in love with them. They are so buttery smooth and comfortable to work with. I have a feeling I will be back for more!

Bill not only does beautiful work, but he is wonderful to work with as well. Very prompt in replying to emails and to ship out the ordered items. I placed my order this past Friday morning and Bill was able to mail them out the same day. I should have my hooks today or tomorrow. I am so excited!!!!

Archived