I am so excited!

I swear I could just bust! Tonight at the dinner table my daughter told me she wants me to teach her how to crochet!!!!!:c9 Years ago when I taught myself we were supposed to learn together, she quickly got frustrated and gave up, but I kept plugging along. I thought it was odd this afternoon when she asked if she could look at my new issue of Crochet Today. :think

I guess she has made a friend at college that crochets and now she wants me to teach her! Seriously, I just can't wait to go out and get her her "own" crochet supplies! Someone is going to have a very crochet-Christmas!:hook Many times she has heard me say I wish I had paid attention when my Grandmother and Aunt tried to pass their craft on too me. It would have been so much easier if I had someone to ask questions when I got stuck.

Anyway, I just wanted to share, maybe we will have a new member soon!

Guess this also means I am going to have to share my stash!:eek

How I wish my daughter (an only child) would want to learn. I've made many things and she is not interested in having them, or learning to crochet herself. Maybe someone else will want them.

Enjoy your time together.

Guess this also means I am going to have to share my stash!:eek

LOL, My mom moved in with me this summer and the stash is now DOUBLE and we have given a BUNCH way to a group in town that crochets hats for the homeless!!!. I thought I was bad - well at least I know how I ended up this way!!!

How I wish my daughter (an only child) would want to learn. I've made many things and she is not interested in having them, or learning to crochet herself. Maybe someone else will want them.

Enjoy your time together.

My daughter is an only child too:hug And this is the very first time she has shown intrest in learning. That's why I am so excited!!!! So, maybe your daughter will come around in time. I have to add, her bf is my #1 fan, he loves to watch me crochet and her friends love when I make them slippers, scarves.

You know, I think sometimes we just have to be ready for something before it will stick. Our youngest daughter has been that way with a lot of things, including crochet. When younger she resisted me when I tried to teach her many things but later saw the need or developed the desire. Both? Your daughter may be the same. I do think I would try to be fairly cool about it or she might still feel ovewhelmed and back off once again. Rather, my daughters would do that — I don't know about yours, ZoeZoesmom. I do hope you have a great time togther with crochet!

Oh that is so cool. I sure wish that happens to me one day. My DD has no interest at all. I told her that if anything ever happened to me, she had to pack all my crafting supplies and stash away because one day she may want to try it! I laid on the guilt. She just can't throw my crafts away, I'll come back and haunt her by rubbing knitting needles together and follow her everywhere she goes.

Have fun.

That's fantastic that your daughter is showing interest again. :D

I don't want to burst your bubble, but you might want to wait before spending money on crochet goodies for her until you see if she's going to stick with it. I hope she does. Everybody should crochet! lol

That's fantastic that your daughter is showing interest again. :D

I don't want to burst your bubble, but you might want to wait before spending money on crochet goodies for her until you see if she's going to stick with it. I hope she does. Everybody should crochet! lol

I'm not going to spend much, just a set of hooks, a tote and a couple beginner books for scarves and hats. If she does not use them they will not go to waste! Can never have too many hooks, totes or books, lol.:lol

Archived