2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

I was really hoping that I'd get through more yarn than I did. The day isn't over yet, but I am going out tonight so I won't be able to post later.

So right now my totals stand as +4 for my WTD.

Have a good Saturday everyone! :hug

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Received 7 skeins of yarn today (from a swap-it's all so lovely too)!!

-14 + I bought SOME yarn yesterday at that little gift shop so that's another -20. One of those skeins of yarn is on my knitting needles for a scarf.

I did go through a skein of yarn last night for +2 points (knitted another dishcloth).

So........

WTD: -43

I ended up buying 6 skeins this week for a baby blanket for a friend, but I've gone through two of them, plus a skein and rolled two balls this week after making a Hello Kitty type of doll. *starts to add them all up*

My total for this week: WTD=-4

Well, I've been a big crochet no go for a while now. Just lost the bug when I stopped looking at new yarns since i was trying not to buy them. And not looking at new yarn made me stop looking at patterns which in turn made me stop thinking about crochet in general! So, I broke down this week and bought some yarn. I figured a bit of a negative weekly score is better than having all that yarn and just not doing a darn thing with it. So, this week it's...

-18 WTD / +20 YTD

Besides, what fun is having yarn if you don't do anything with it! And you can't stash bust if you never pick up your hook. :hook

Well, my good restraint that I had going all along so far this year left me this week! :lol I got to go out of town with my DH and got to go to a Hobby Lobby (we don't have one in my town). I found 7 skeins of Vanna's Choice on clearance, and picked up two skeins of I Love This Yarn so I can finally try it. I had no luck at Hancock Fabrics (ours closed a year or two ago) - the yarn selection was so tiny, it was just sad! And it was more expensive than anywhere else. Then it was off to JoAnn where the Caron pounders - my favorite! - were on sale, and... I bought ten. :blush My husband offered to go to Michael's too but I came to my senses and said no!

So, with the pitiful amount of crocheting I've done this week - a skein worked down to a ball - my score is:

WTD -37/YTD +39

I went to an SnB meet up where someone had brought the contents of her online yarn store to the meeting, and ended up buying 12 skeins (well 10 skeins and two hanks).

I will spare you the rant about the rude restaurant manager (owner?), but suffice it to say, neither the SnB group nor I are ever going there again. Anyone who lives near King of Prussia, PA can PM me for the name of the place.

Anyway, that puts me at -23 WTD/-64 YTD

+86 PBLKNP GOLD MEDAL!

+45 Jessicagil SILVER MEDAL!

+31 pineknott BRONZE MEDAL!

+20 teakaycee

+13 Legalwoman17

+11 CLLinda

+8 Daugherty4inNC

+8 hseger

+7 Braxxi

+5 ropergirl3

+4 Ellie 13

+4 TexasSugar

+4 tricia

+2 DesertCrocheter

+2 dilyca2006

+2 mar3185

+1 Krazy-Kitty

0 A Stitchintime

0 aphelia

0 BigPinkPolkaDot

0 econ-nerd

0 gbabesmom

0 jollyrancher418

0 jura2908

0 Marzee

-1 NeedleArts

-4 Jain

-4 JennyBunny

-6 jammerholly

-6 KellyA

-10 darski

-10 fc1123

-18 KiwiKitty

-19 basjordan

-20 dragonpuck

-23 CraftyWitch

-37 Ariel Manx

-43 CroJulee

-47 Mandii

-59 Ladykats SHOOT THE MOON!

ooops..I don't know where this week went.. I was so busy this week I didn't get to even touch a needle or hook:sigh:sigh Better luck this week:)

WTD 0

Archived