2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I rolled a skein of cotton into a ball and used up another ball for +2 more points for the week. :yay

Unfortunatly I have to go buy a skein of white to finish 2 projects I've been working on :( I just hope I can get out of the store with only that 1 skein. :blush

Okay Gals, I had THE greatest dream ever last night. You wanna guess what it was about.....? Yup, You guessed it, YARN. I had a dream that I went into this yarn shop and they had tons of beautiful yarn for anywhere from 0.50 to 1.50. I thought I'd just died and gone to yarn heaven... then I woke up. What a sad, sad dream.

Have a great day!!

Julee

p.s. 1 skein of Peaches and Cream Down. +2 points so far

julee,

what a wonderful dream!

i used up the last of a ball of thread working on sock trims and made a skein into a ball making a hat(+2). so i am +4 now for the week. i am starting an afghan so i hope to use up a lot more this week.

Not sure when I posted last... I bought eight skeins on Tuesday but used up two more plus used another two today. I'm at -9 for the week so far and need to get an afghan done before Sunday so I may get out of the negatives!

I was doing some motif swatching today, and a ball of Sugar and Cream turned into a cute little coaster for my tea mug! :D Another +1 puts me at +4 for the week. :cheer

Never done fringe with the stuff. Just used it to make the uppers for a pair of beach sandals. What do you think of beading the fringe and knotting it?:think

Hmmm... That's not a bad idea, Crafty Witch (great name - that's something my husband calls me! :yes ). I may try it and see how it looks. I tried just knotting a scrap piece and didn't like it - I'll either do beads or fray check it.

:blush Oh, it's only February and I stopped charting my stashbusting progress! It's been 3 weeks since I posted here. At least my yarn diet is doing well. I actually went those 3 weeks without buying any yarn-- and then today I "just went in to see" what they had in Tuesday Morning... 5 skeins of a gorgeous angora/merino blend later I have -10 points. On the plus side, I am selling off some yarn and so far this week I have sent out 15 skeins so far, so +30. So far, + 20 for the week. And I vow that I will be a good stashbuster from now on!

I still have no points to report but, with all these smaller projects I've been working on, I am really close to finishing three skeins. So that will be some big points for me but probably not until next week. I started a lattice hat today and I'm really liking the pattern. I'll have to either buy more yarn to finish it or try to find another color that will go with what I already have.

Edit: Finished off the skein on the lattice hat. +2

Haven't had much me time at all this week. Rolled a ball up out of the leftovers from the monster, so that gives me a whole 3 points to the positive.

But I am going to my crochet/knitting group today, so that will give me a couple points more.

:manyheart

I was so happy to finish a skein up this morning,putting me at + 5

only to discover I had to start a new skein to finish off the last five inches of the scarf

guess the rest will be turned into squares,not much can be done with 3 ozs ?

I finished the second-to-last skein for the baby blanket. I hope to finish it today. I need to add in some positives. I'm going to the LYS tonight with a pocket full of money.... Mmmmmmm. Yarn!!!! My husband is an enabler. He told me to consider spending more than my budget, and calling it a valentine's day present. HELP!!!

WTD (for now) +18.

How lucky you are to have an enabler around who knows what a yarn-a-holic would want for every occasion! :rofl

Have fun at LYS (what is LYS anyway? I don't know if I have one around here... I just see you all talking about it, and now I am curious!)

Have fun at LYS (what is LYS anyway? I don't know if I have one around here... I just see you all talking about it, and now I am curious!)

LYS is short for local yarn store/shop - a little privately run place as opposed to a big box store like Michael's, JoAnn's, or Hobby Lobby.

:yay I earned some points! I used up a skein of brown on the RR for +2. I also used up most of two skeins on a baby hat for +! each. This means a total for +4 so far this week. Although I don't think I will be adding to this total I will definatly try. :)

LYS is short for local yarn store/shop - a little privately run place as opposed to a big box store like Michael's, JoAnn's, or Hobby Lobby.

:rofl ... I guess the word of the day for me is:

"DUH"!

Thanks for clearing it up for me! :blush

Used up two skeins today at my crochet/knitting group.

+4 more points.

I don't know if I'll get out of the negatives, but I'm trying.

:manyheart

I don't think I'm going to have a score this week. I've been really sick all week and sleeping most of the time. :(

Archived