2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well I went a month and 10 days without buying any,but today,I went to a walmart I hardly ever set foot in,and they had the RHSS baby yarn that I needed for an up coming project,so that has me at - 4,was able to finish up a whole skein so only at - 2 I should be okay at the end of the week

I think you have shown amazing restraint, going so long without buying, then buying just two skeins! I tip my hat to you! :cheer

Used up one little ball the other day and also used up two skeins last night. But I bought 8 more skeins last night for a blanket I am making... -13 for the week so far... I have a two stranded blanket on the go now and want it done by the weekend so that will eat up a lot of the yarn that got me the shoot the moon award last week :D

Just used up 3 more skeins on this baby afghan and the good news is that I will be able to return the extra yarn I just bought for it. That yarn never came in the house, it is still in my car and I will take it back either tonight or tomorrow and count it as gone tomorrow. Off to update the siggie for today's usage!!! woo hoo.

I spent most of the weekend in the sick bed with my squares books, my favorite hook and my scraps box. I am working on making one square for each pattern in my binder so I have a ready example instead of trying to judge from the photos.

So... as of Sunday evening (and I know I'm late with an update) I used about the equivalent of 6 medium sized balls (there were several very small balls, and I'm not going to "cheat"!).

So that puts me at

Stashbusting scores: WTD +6 YTD +3

Yay!

well not sure yet what my score will be today so I guess we shall see I want to go to Michaels might buy yarn if they have the colors I want need to go to Michaels to look at crochet stitches book so that way I can learn how to make a cable stitch

I forgot to post some more used up stash...

Here are my numbers for the week so far:

Used 5 skeins of S&C yarns for dishcloths and holders in the following colors: sunshine, summer twists, hot pink, pinky stripes & violet stripes

WTD = +10 YTD = +58

...just thought I'd drop by while my :flying:hook takes a little (very little) break...

Going like gangbusters on that flannelghan...need it done and put away before DH comes back tomorrow night from business trip :eek:sweat

...well, need more :coffeeand to get back to :crocheting:crocheting ... I'll check back later...

Everyone's seeming to be havin' a BUSTIN' week! Great job to all!!! :applause:ghug

I am so impressed so many of you are zooming through your stashes. I am STILL slogging through the same Caron One Pound. Hopefully I'll finish that blanket this week, but it looks like my score might be 0 for the week--despite crocheting (and shhh! knitting) every night. Both projects are using One Pounders and 2 of the 3 skeins were unused, full pounds when I started.

Must keep crocheting.... Patty

Whoo hoo, finally making some headway again this week! :D Went through 1 1/2 thingies of Lion Incredible ribbon yarn today for a +3 for the week thus far! I think it should be renamed Incredible Pain in the Butt to work with. :laughroll It's really pretty but it was rough on my hands.

Has anyone made something out of it before with fringe? I'm debating if I should use Fray Check or tie a knot at the end of each strand. I know I have to do one or the other, it looks like it's going to fray if I even look at it wrong.

Went through 1 1/2 thingies of Lion Incredible ribbon yarn today for a +3 for the week thus far! I think it should be renamed Incredible Pain in the Butt to work with. :laughroll It's really pretty but it was rough on my hands.

Has anyone made something out of it before with fringe? I'm debating if I should use Fray Check or tie a knot at the end of each strand. I know I have to do one or the other, it looks like it's going to fray if I even look at it wrong.

Never done fringe with the stuff. Just used it to make the uppers for a pair of beach sandals. What do you think of beading the fringe and knotting it?:think

Picked up another one pound skein for that TCAL. Don't know if I'll need it because I'm so far behind, but the designer used 1 1/2 skeins of the stuff so I figured I'd better not take any chances. The stuff is supposedly no dye lot, but I don't trust it and figure my odds of matching it are better now than if I wait 'til I'm about to run out. So -2 WTD so far. :blush

well today +3because I made the yarn into 3 balls unfortunately I want to make a scarf so I might go to Michaels and grab a one pounder of caron yarn so possibly a -2

Archived