2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

Well, I have to put up the scores today, so I'll post mine:

WTD -4/YTD -174

Basically, I needed a couple of skeins for an Xmas present, and despite the :crocheting I did this past week, I didn't finish any skeins. Oh well, at least I won't Shoot the Moon this week.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All our positives this week:

CLLinda +14 Gold Medal Winner

dragonpuck +7 Silver Medal Winner

dilyca +6 Bronze Medal Winner (Tie)

Ellie 13 +6 Bronze Medal Winner (Tie)

DesertCrocheter +5

appy lover +4

lhasaapsolady +4

Walker1021 +4

Braxxi +2

Marzee +2

hseger +1

No changes here:

BigPinkPolkaDot 0

Jain 0

Needle Arts 0

pineknott 0

All our negatives this week:

Fc1123 -1

Jessicagil -1

Clocke -2

Jammerholly -2

Crafty Witch -4 Shoot The Moon

I don't believe it. I Shot the Moon with a lousy -4. That's insane. Oh well, obviously, I have to make sure that I don't do it next week.

And now for the YTD Scores:

All our positives so far this year:

lhasaapsolady +377 Our Gold Medal Winner

pineknott +368 Our Silver Medal Winner

Braxxi +301 Our Bronze Medal Winner

dragonpuck +290

Ellie 13 +170

Jammerholly +140

Jessicagil +69

Walker1021 +21

Dilyca2006 +21

Marzee +16

One lonely zero:

DesertCrocheter 0

Our negatives so far this year:

CLLinda -1

Clocke -9

BigPinkPolkaDot -20

Jain -51

Fc1123 -100

Crafty Witch -186 Shoot the Moon

Wow, it's a good thing the YTD doesn't count for having to do the scores. Oh wait, I Shot the Moon on the weekly scores too. :blush

I guess I better get to busting that stash.

YAAHOO! Finally made the GOLD!

There was a terrific response this week. So many positives! Keep up the good work, everyone!

:manyheart

Aw, I couldn't get my scores in this week! The people I work with and I went on a weekend trip as a Christmastreat from the boss. So much fun! I even tought a girl to crochet a hat. ;)

I only had a +1 as I was gifted 3 skeins of yarn (I reeeeeally don't know what to do with them...). :)

I have allready a +2 for the week though, that's good! And good job to the scorekeeper, by the way. :)

I went to my 30th H.S. reunion last night so I didn't do much :crocheting this weekend. Saw people I hadn't seen in forever. To take a group photo (only classmates), they had to really squeeze everyone together, (150 +/- people 5 or 6 rows). With spouses/guests there was about 200 there. Our name badges had year book photos on them, but nobody looked the same :lol.

I hope to get a lot of :crocheting in before Sat. My :rud pattern seems to be working O.K. now, that should use at least a skein. So no points to report yet.

Ellie 13

I think I am going to try and do this again. I am on a mission to actually USE the yarn I have accumulated! I haven't bought any new yarn in over 6 months! So lets see if I can actually use what I have. I am keeping my fingers crossed! So far today I am at a +2 working on a scarf!

well finished two balls of yarn I had rolled from 2 different skeins of yarn so +2 for me for the week so far though almost finished with a skein of yarn so almost a +2.

well I finished the skein and bought another one yesterday so I would have been at -100 for ytd but I finished the skein so I broke even yeah for me.

I have had no time at all to crochet this week. I've been running around like crazy and at the end of the day, I just crash. No time to relax or anything.

But I did behave at Wally World tonight and didn't buy any yarn. So that's good.

I finally had some time to crochet. I made a hat and used a skein of ribbon yarn up. so I am at +2 for the week. Horray!

Had to buy 2 skeins & got 3 from swap partner....so am crocheting as fast as my lil fingers will go trying to use some up. Not being very successful. Have ripped out the last 3-4 rows of doilyghan several times...grrrr...hopefully I can get through 2 skeins tonight on it. Has to be done by next week!!

Is it too late to join this crochet a long? I have way too much yarn and I want to use it up so I can buy more!!!

Welcome aboard, Mrs. Obie. :hug You can start now, then in January, switch to the 2010 Stashbusting CAL! If you have any questions, ask away!

:think well. I have been AWOL this week. I thought that if I hid my head in the sand no one else would know all the yarn that I have been buying this week. So far this week I have brought 20 skeins of yarn into this house and I have more coming from Herschners (hopefully that will not come till next week). I have only used up 2 of those 20 skeins though.:(

I had better make some changes to my siggie.

Welcome aboard, Mrs. Obie. :hug You can start now, then in January, switch to the 2010 Stashbusting CAL! If you have any questions, ask away!

It's a good thing I am starting this today!!! Last week I was given a HUGE bag of yarn.... and yesterday I bought 30 skeins for Christmas presents! But it is still going to be hard not to buy anymore.

It's a good thing I am starting this today!!! Last week I was given a HUGE bag of yarn.... and yesterday I bought 30 skeins for Christmas presents! But it is still going to be hard not to buy anymore.

That's why this thread exists! You are not alone. The call of the yarn is very strong!!! But you can be stronger!:cheer

:think well. I have been AWOL this week. I thought that if I hid my head in the sand no one else would know all the yarn that I have been buying this week. So far this week I have brought 20 skeins of yarn into this house and I have more coming from Herschners (hopefully that will not come till next week). I have only used up 2 of those 20 skeins though.:(

I had better make some changes to my siggie.

Hey Diane ~ We may be competing for the Shoot the Moon award. I am waiting for my yarn order to arrive from my fav on line yarn store. And to be truthful, I cannot remember how much I bought. I think it was pounders. YIKES!!!!

LOL!! We could be competing for that wonderful award!!LOL I have another box coming today. I think there are 6 skeins coming. I hope that it is not 12!!!!!!!!!LOL :lol

I did manage to get one of the many skeins I bought this week used this morning though!!!!!!!!!:cheer

Hey Diane ~ We may be competing for the Shoot the Moon award. I am waiting for my yarn order to arrive from my fav on line yarn store. And to be truthful, I cannot remember how much I bought. I think it was pounders. YIKES!!!!

Glad someone else is running for shoot the moon...I've bought 2 skeins & been gifted 3 this week...I used up 2 on my double strand doilyghan last night...but I am still down 6 points. Not that I am complaining, my swap buddy sent me 3 skeins of heavenly sock yarn. :D

Lol!!!!

glad someone else is running for shoot the moon...i've bought 2 skeins & been gifted 3 this week...i used up 2 on my double strand doilyghan last night...but i am still down 6 points. Not that i am complaining, my swap buddy sent me 3 skeins of heavenly sock yarn. :D

Archived