2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok I'm making the list of scores and will be posting them very late tonight as I won't be around much on Sunday. I will probably post them around 2:30 or 3 AM tonight Central Standard Time so be sure to post before then if you can. We've got some great totals so far!

Don't forget to post your score in big bright colors please!

My score for the week is a 0 even though I forgot to change my sig from last week - oops. I promise I didn't get another -22!

WTD: 0

YTD: -54

Thought I would get more done yesterday & today. I only polished off 1 more skein, which doesn't make much of a dent on my score. I am close on another, but that will just make for an excellent score next week I guess.

WTD -12

Braxxi +39 Gold Medal

jessicagil +25 Silver Medal

Needle Arts +13 Bronze Medal

fc1123 +8

BigPinkPolkaDot +9

CLLinda +6

Ellie 13 +4

walker1021 +4

dragonpuck +3

aphelia +2

DesertCrocheter +2

dilyca2006 +2

PBLKNP +2

Marzee +1

hseger 0

Jain 0

Mandii 0

pineknott 0

crocheting4mygirls -9

appy_lover -12 Shoot the Moon!

Sorry it was late everyone, I forgot to post before I went to bed and I knew I would sleep in today. But good job staying positive everyone!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol

Braxxi +39 Gold Medal

jessicagil +25 Silver Medal

Needle Arts +13 Bronze Medal

fc1123 +8

BigPinkPolkaDot +9

CLLinda +6

Ellie 13 +4

walker1021 +4

dragonpuck +3

aphelia +2

DesertCrocheter +2

dilyca2006 +2

PBLKNP +2

Marzee +1

hseger 0

Jain 0

Mandii 0

pineknott 0

crocheting4mygirls -9

appy_lover -12 Shoot the Moon!

Sorry it was late everyone, I forgot to post before I went to bed and I knew I would sleep in today. But good job staying positive everyone!

I had to buy some blue yarn for a bunting. My new favorite- Loops and Threads Impeccable was on sale for $1.99 a skein. So for $4, I have a nice gift for someone.

So I'm in the negatives again. But it could have been much worse. 4 points can be made up in the week. And these buntings are very cute and fast. And I found some cute little buttons at HL for 30 cents for two. I usually use 6 on the buntings.

:manyheart

Hey Wow! Only 2 of us in the negatives this week!! Yahoo!! Very impressive ladies...

It was a very good week for stashbusting! Keep up the good work, ladies!

:manyheart

Cranked out 2 skeins of ribbon yarn on a shawl last night...and I am thisclose to finishing a skein on a hat I am knitting for a Christmas present.

I knit so slow that I bet I could have made him a double stranded afghan in the same amount of time it will take to finish this one knitted hat. I LOVE the yarn though. Since my Stepfather is allergic to wool I am knitting a hat from Patons Bamboo Silk. It is sooo soft, and I do like kitting with it. I hated crocheting with it because it split, slipped and slid off my hook. I'm not having that problem with the knitting...and it is soo soft and nice. I hope he likes the hat. There are a few mistakes...but with this many hours in on the hat, you can forget about me going back to fix them now.

I am sooo tired of working on what I am working on. I have (like most of us) have many things lined up that I would rather be working on. I found myself looking at some Vanna yarn in Wal-mart today. I had 6 skeins of it in my cart for a project months away. Walked away from the yarn department, turned around and put it all back!!!!!!!!!

My charity afghan continues to eat up balls. This week it consumed one ball of no name blue gray+1 and one very ancient ball of Majesty® Twinkle hot pink +1. "Ancient?" you ask? The label that I managed to keep with the ball has no bar code. It was purchased from Ben Franklin (do they still exist?) for $1.19. It was 60% Orlon (acrylic) and 40% Dacron (Polyester - I guess for the sparkle).

JoAnn and Wallmart were both sold out of the red cotton yarn I have been looking for. So still no purchase made. A little yarn petting and lusting was all I did.

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +2 / YTD: +14

-Marzee

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +2/YTD: +14

Dishcloth Tuesdays ~ 2009 CAL

Yo Yo’s for Charity

I used up a second ball from the yard sale yarn (not sure if it's a complete skein as these had no wrappers, so I'm just giving myself 1 point for them). And then I got my free one skein of Caron yarn in the mail yesterday, just a week or so after I mailed my labels in. But I'm still in the positive for the week! Patty

Archived