2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

Jain, I do love the colors of that yarn!!! It's coming along so well for you. I've never used a Doris Chan pattern. Thanks for explaining it for me!:manyheart That will help.

I finished two more skeins today. WTD +6, YTD -15

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rolled a skein into a ball last night. Knitting uses up way less yarn than crochet.

+2 for the week, so far.

:manyheart

I haven't been busting any stash this week (yet?), but wanted to drop by and see how you have all been...

Tracey - Your work is inspiring... just so beautiful...

Please know that I continue to hold you and your DH in my prayers:hug

Jain - I love coming by to see what jackets you are working on... You have a true talent, you know!

TexasSugar - :cheer I am routing for you! You should be proud of your accomplishments! AWESOME! and, btw... I can't wait for the :dance party for you and BETH when you finish your race! ;)

:hi, all the rest of my fellow stashbusters! I wish you all a "Stitchin' Day"! :ghug:rainbow:c9

Used up 4 more skeins last night. The only great thing about large hooks and small skeins of ribbon yarn is how fast they get used up. Sadly I made a shawl that I bought 6 balls of yarn for, but I ran out while making the fringe. I looked at it, but I don't think I refigure the fringe enough to not buy one more skein. Drat!

I did refigure the pattern so it will take less yarn in the future, but that won't help me for the one I finished. I am not ripping it out. I am crawling my way back...-22 for the week so far.

hi, I just wanted to share that today's free pattern on Annie's Attic is officially being slated as my next stashbusting project...

You should check it out if your looking for something cute for your kitchen... they are round placemats with matching coasters. Very summery and cute (IMHO)

Yeah I agree with LeaAnne, they are very cute and I don't usually like potholders or coasters very much but I am going to be saving this pattern.

Also, thank you so much LeaAnne for the kind words! I really love this group. It is so much fun to see what everyone is making and have such a wonderful support group to chat with. :manyheart

I'm hoping I get time to crochet today, I have a goal of at least half a skein for today. But I may not get to do much until after midnight. We'll see...

busted another skein today, knitting those squares, I only have one more square to do. and I will be finished with that project. another +2

I went to Michaels to get plastic canvas to make a box to put a deck of cards in. I used a lot of scrap pieces that were 2' to 3' average, I'd call it a "ball" amount (+1). I made one box and started another. Plastic canvas work is great for those small scraps :clap.

WTD: + 1 YTD: + 77

Ellie 13

Finished up a skein of Cotton tots making washcloths. Knitted two and crocheted one.

So that makes +3 for the week so far.

:manyheart

I finished off a skein of cotton yarn today so that's +2 for me I did buy it this week though so -2 but again I broke even so I'm back at 0

I finished the shawl I was working on, then grabbed the rest of that yarn and two skeins of bulky yarn, and started to make a purse while waiting for my daughter's cake decorating class. I managed to use all that yarn tonight! That gives me an additional +6, bringing my WTD to +12, and my YTD to -9.

By the way, Texas Sugar, my daughter is loving her class!!! I wish you could be her teacher, though. That would be so cool. Is Virginia too far of a commute for you???:lol

By the way, Texas Sugar, my daughter is loving her class!!! I wish you could be her teacher, though. That would be so cool. Is Virginia too far of a commute for you???:lol

I'm so glad she is enjoying them!! And yeah I'm not sure I would be able to fit classes in Virginia into my schedule this month. I'm teaching 4 nights this week and next week, then 2 nights the last two weeks of the month. I've had two classes this week and am already tired!!

Looks like you are gonna beat me to zero. You sure you don't need to go buy some more yarn? :devil

Texas Sugar, the reason I'm rushing through my yarn so fast right now is because I have forty :eek skeins of yarn on a UPS truck headed my way.

My name is Beth, and I have a problem with bargain yarn....

I gifted 8 skeins of yarn yesterday plus the one I busted so that is 18 total. yes. Came up with a really cool idea for a tote for my swap partner, so have started testing my own Ideas last night. I really think she should like it and I will write the pattern down this time, so if anyone really likes it, I will share after I send her her tote.

I have real hopes of finishing off a couple of pounders (what's left of them) on a project I have going. That would be so nice to do something about all those minus numbers I have.

:bang I had to frog my bag. I did get it put back together, but after an entire morning and most of an afternoon of crochet time, my WTD and YTD will go back on point, because I have a ball of yarn left. WTD +11, YTD -10

Texas Sugar, the reason I'm rushing through my yarn so fast right now is because I have forty :eek skeins of yarn on a UPS truck headed my way.

My name is Beth, and I have a problem with bargain yarn....

Well that makes me feel better. I will have to buy some yarn in the next couple of weeks to do a requested afghan. I'm not sure I can get my numbers down too much lower before I have to buy it. Sigh. At least it will be a project on a time limit so I'll hopefully get them busted fast!

I keep looking at the 99 cent bin at Michaels. I'll probably break down and buy some, I'm just hoping that I can hold out long enough to see if they drop the price down any lower.

Archived