2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

Yay, I had a good week! Finished a skein on my Outta Sight tonight. +2

I'm at the point in the pattern where it says "repeat in pattern until your arms fall off". HAHA

WTD: +9

YTD: +4

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I have been crocheting away this week, but I have so many different colors that I haven't made much of a dent in my stash. I received several partial skeins from the scrap swap and that only added to my stash. So in adding things up for this week I got -20 for the scrap swap bounty, then +5 for the partial skiens I used up on the blanket I am working on. So my totals are -15 WTD. Ugh

I bought so much niiiiice, beautiful, gorgeous yarn today!!!! It was so much fun, and I really needed it. I have a plan for almost all of it. :clap Anyway, it brings me to this score for the week:

-32 WTD

BUT I still have a positive score for the year so far! :cheer

+3 YTD

And Congratulations to any fellow Norwegians, it's our national day today! :party

Congratulations on your national day! And also Congrats on your postive YTD score!!! That's fantastic -- you show great restraint!

WTD: -46

Is it bad that I'm tempted to go buy a few more skeins to get the Shoot the Moon, since I'm already so close to it? :devil

Go for it!:devil So I don't have to get the award!!!

I picked up two rolls of size 10 thread, but used up a skein of glow in the dark yarn, so I'm at -2 WTD/-74 YTD. Now, I'd like to finish this project by next week, that way I'll use up all my yellow glow yarn. I still need to use up the white stuff though.

Congratulations on your national day! And also Congrats on your postive YTD score!!! That's fantastic -- you show great restraint!

Thanks a lot, basjordan!

(And I'm happy to see that you have also bought some nice yarn this week. ;) I'm one of the few that really, really doesn't want to get the "shoot the moon" award. ;))

But with all that nice yarn, we can get a lot of crocheting done! :D I got up early today, and now I can get some crochet-time before celebrating the national day. ;)

Miss Scarlet +18 GOLD MEDAL!

lhapsaapsolady +14 SILVER MEDAL!

clocke +9 TIE FOR BRONZE!

Jain +9 TIE FOR BRONZE!

jura2908 +8

dilyca2006 +6

kel +6

Legalwoman17 +6

KellyA +4

Ellie 13 +3

gbabesmom +2

CLLinda +1

mar3185 +1

walker1021 +1

a stitchintime 0

Ariel Manx 0

hseger 0

NeedleArts 0

Nikka hotpinkpixy 0

Tia 0

Crafty Witch -2

fc1123 -3

Braxxi -5

darski -6

goofy -6

DesertCrocheter -8

dragonpuck -12

Ladykats -15

pineknott -18

karishema -29

aphelia -32

TexasSugar -46

basjordan -50 SHOOT THE MOON!

well. last night after I logged off the computer I was able to get 2 more skeins busted!!! Starting off the week pretty good. I need to as I have 5 balls of thread coming later this week!!!!!!!LOL

oops! Missed the reporting my score again! I am keeping score just keep forgetting to post it. Gotta remember next week. :lol It was a -6 so nothing to impressive.

oops! Missed the reporting my score again! I am keeping score just keep forgetting to post it. Gotta remember next week. :lol It was a -6 so nothing to impressive.

You're in there. And you were much more impressive than I.:cheer

My beach bag is 10 3/4 " tall now. I used up a ball of Ecru (+1) :clap, but I don't have enough Turqua for 2 more rounds. Maybe I'll add a round of brown to get it up to 11" before I do the top. Since I've finished all the other (non-:crocheting) stuff I had to do, I should be able to do a lot more :crocheting this week.

WTD: + 1 YTD: + 65

Ellie 13

TexasSugar -46

basjordan -50 SHOOT THE MOON!

Yeah I should have gone and bought more, cause I usually don't do purchase that much yarn at one time and probably won't have that big of a number for a while. If I wasn't saving for a cake decorating convention I'd probably just gone and picked up a few more to beat ya. HeHe. :devil

I do think we should get some credit for buying them on sale/clearance though. :yes

Now I have to get to :crocheting so I can start reducing my number YTD number.

Yeah I should have gone and bought more, cause I usually don't do purchase that much yarn at one time and probably won't have that big of a number for a while. If I wasn't saving for a cake decorating convention I'd probably just gone and picked up a few more to beat ya. HeHe. :devil

I do think we should get some credit for buying them on sale/clearance though. :yes

Now I have to get to :crocheting so I can start reducing my number YTD number.

LOL TexasSugar! I would have been happy to share the honor with you. Now let's see how well we can get our numbers back towards the positives!!! We can do this :cheer:cheer:cheer

Would you like a special challenge? Your YTD is 4 points better than mine, but I am still willing to race you to zero. What do you say?

I worked on my grocery bag today, and used another skein +2, and then made a Bread pan Tote for +4, that makes a -6, already posted to siggie.

I officially finished off 2 skeins today - not easy to do when the skein is large & the projects small. I also rolled another 3 skeins into balls....so I am starting out the week right with +7 so far & it's only the first day. :clap

Archived