What do you think of 'suede' yarn?

Yes I have used it and I loved it. I would definately use it again! To me it handles very well, its easy to see the stitches (at least with the lighter colors, havent used black yet though so dont know). I love the softness of it.

I made a purse for my DIL and I had a problem with the yarn not sliding on the hook easily, it was suggested to try another hook, and also to wax the hook, but I haven't gone back to it again.

I made a couple of scarves as Christmas gifts. One red, one black. The black was hard to see, but lighted hooks helped! I also used the V-stitch for the scarves, which minimized the difficulty seeing the stitches. It had a tendancy to 'stick' with acrylic hooks. And did not easily frog. If you must, do it gently. Also, can't use the Russian Join with it.

My sister raved over how soft and lovely the scarves were, and how warm!

I consider the difficulties to be annoyances, minor, and want to use this yarn again.

I love it too, I have made a purse, hat and scarf with it. I don't know if I would have paid full price for it not knowing how it crocheted up but found a bunch for .75 a skein. Now I would not feel bad paying full price if I have too.

I've made a number of different things with it, from purses to toys. I love working with it and plan to use it again in the future. I wish it wasn't so expensive because I would love to have a huge afghan made entirely of Lion Brand Suede! It's so warm and cozy! The only complaint I have about it, if you want to call it a complaint, is that sometimes it's difficult to frog it if you have to pull out some of your work. Once a stitch is in place, it tends to want to stay there!

I LOVE Lion Suede yarn! At a local bargain store, there was 2 different colors of it for 69 cents per skein! At the time, I wasn't aware of the real cost of it and only picked up 10 skeins. Well, after coming home and finding out that I got it for about 1/10th the regular price, I quickly went back and bought about 20 more skeins!!! :clap

I have made two shawls and an afghan so far and have plans for some scarves or else another shawl or two, it's hard to decide. Everything is soooo soft, I love it!

I do agree that if you have to take out stitches, you have to be careful. After the first time, I realized that it will pull out if you carefully hold the stitches and not pull hard. Just gently pull while holding onto your crocheted piece and it will come undone.

I picked up 3 balls of it on clearance a few months back, but haven't had a chance to use it. I thought I remembered someone saying it has a tendency to 'worm' and to use tight stitches like sc, but maybe I'm thinking of chenille type yarn??

I thought I remembered someone saying it has a tendency to 'worm' and to use tight stitches like sc, but maybe I'm thinking of chenille type yarn??

I'm not sure what you mean by "worm", but I certainly hope it keeps its shape, etc. I haven't washed anything I've made with it yet. I hope it doesn't happen to either the suede or the chenille yarn actually, as I just bought ten skeins of the Lion Chenille Thick & Quick, too (got it for $1.29 per skein). I'm making scarves out of it and since we smoke here in the house, I always wash things before giving them as gifts.

God blessed me last year. One of the stores here in Newark had one color of lionbrand suede yarn for sale for only 1 dollar and I brought it all and loved it. I made a bag and a hat and scarf set.

I love the feel of this yarn. I am currently making a crocheted quilt in the Amish Star pattern for my nephew as a graduation present. He fell in love with the feel of it, too.

I found it ar Job Lots on sale for $1 per skein.

Thanks for all the feed back. I decided to go ahead and use my contest prize to buy 2 lapghan kits that feature suede yarn (they are half price on lionbrand.com). I am going to make the lapghan for my brother but I will use the second kit to make it bigger.

I also ordered a speed hook for later use.

Can't wait for the stuff to get here!!!!!

Archived