She isn't letting me crochet!

Yep, mine too. Zoey looks like your kitty - same coloring. She often sleeps on my outstretched legs when I'm in the recliner crocheting. If it is a big project she turns and gives me a dirty look as I drag it across her body. But if I lay the project down she suddenly decides its belong to her. Think she just likes the scent from my hands on the yarn.

Yes, they do get that way. One of my cats actually comes up and taps on my project, hand or hook when he wants to know if it's OK to get up next to me. He always goes to my left side and wants to be under my arm, like an armpit cat. I don't know why he does this, but he's so happy if I let him. He knows the rule ~ no pawing at the yarn!

I have a Siamese who becomes very demanding when she wants attention. I can be sitting there working my hook and she forces her head up between my hands and bites my hook! I have to stop and pet her because she'll keep on forcing herself on me until I do!

Cats are funny!

My guys will usually only mess with my yarn if they're trying to get my attention for some reason, like if they need water or food. The thing is, their definition of needing food or water and mine are quite different! There can be a full bowl of water, but if the dog just drank from it, then they want "new" water. The food bowls can be mostly full, but they want them topped off. And I really think it's just that they have little side bets going with each other that they can get me to get up to get them something!

When they want something, they'll either mess with my yarn, or they will have Thomas get up on the back of the couch where he'll rub his head on the side of my face, like he wants to cuddle, and then before I know it he's chewing on the leg of my eyeglasses and just generally haunting me until I'll pay attention. They are little experts at getting under my skin! :lol

LOL My cats ALL love my WIP. I've made them blankies for in front of most of the heat vents but they prefer the ones I'm working on. Except for the baby. She loves to frog all my projects for me. What would we do without their "help"?

Archived